Okay so...

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
If you value your wisdom, you will keep them.

Terrible agony and oozing infection is nothing compared to losing your wisdom.
Amateratsu avatarrrrrrrr :3

I say drink something warm. That should help a bit, I wouldn't know... maybe?

Mr Binary

Jan 24, 2011
I had my wisdom teeth removed over the summer and when they say not to use straws or suck on hard candies and what not; don't do it! Dry sockets hurt a lot!

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Uzbekistan said:
I'm going to have my wisdom teeth removed in a couple of hours.... Any advice?
It's okay, I had mine taken out 3 years ago. I was knocked out: I was in the chair and then I was in the car going home. The good places will give you a prescription for painkillers afterward, fill that prescription! I spent 2 days tripping on vicodin and then I was pain free. Prescription drugs for the win!

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
They put you out unless they are bad at being dentists. Pick out a favorite TV show or vaguely "casual" game title, because you will be loopy for the next week or so because of the pain meds, and these will be infinitely more hilarious. Also, the pain will come and go in slow waves, just make sure you're not taking things more than recommended, especially of ibuprofen, that will kill your liver if you do.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Uh...when they start with the drill, hold the arms of the chair really tight, so your self-defense instincts don't kick in and you don't deck the man with power tools in your mouth...I guess that's not very optimistic, is it?

Oh, also, NITROUS OXIDE DOES NOT DULL PAIN. At least, it didn't for me. You might not feel its effects. Something to consider.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
I have no advice for the pain, except maybe drugs/alcohol. However if you're like me your gums may be bleeding for hours afterwards. Make sure you put towels over your pillows before you go to sleep as they'll be easier to wash than the pillow itself.

LordOrin

Feb 19, 2009
Dublin Solo said:
Got all four teeth removed in a single session. Didn't have any kind of problems afterward, not even bleeding. Tylenol was all I needed to deal with the mild discomfort.

So I guess my example isn't very helpful....
Nonsense, it tells us who we should punch ;)

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
I had all four of my wisdom teeth yanked, and it wasn't as bad as most people make it out to be. Take your painkillers if you're in pain, try to stick to room-temperature foods, and be sure to flush out the sockets regularly. It's a relatively simple procedure, and you should recover rather quickly as long as you follow the instructions you're given.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I would advise to get yourself a good disinfectant mouthwash to keep clean the sockets where your wisdom teeth use to be. They tend to get infected quite easily. It's not particularly painful if they do, but it does leave you with a constant foul taste in your mouth until it heals.

Any pharmacy should have suitable over-the-counter products. If not, just ask your dentist what to get.

Uzbekistan

Dec 17, 2009
Hey everyone. I'm back. My teeth hurt and I think I have stitches. I'm not high, but it doesn't hurt. I can't feel my lower lip to my chin, and most of my tongue. Wee!!

noxymoron19

Feb 4, 2011
No way this thread is here!! I'm getting mine takin out in a week. Is it weird that I'm excited for it? Just be excited to get knocked out, get some solid painkillers, then have chubby cheeks for a couple days. Should leave me with some good memories

Uzbekistan

Dec 17, 2009
noxymoron19 said:
No way this thread is here!! I'm getting mine takin out in a week. Is it weird that I'm excited for it? Just be excited to get knocked out, get some solid painkillers, then have chubby cheeks for a couple days. Should leave me with some good memories
Eh, you'll be in a bit of pain afterward. Just a head's up.

BTW, LOL

Macabre9037

Jul 2, 2009
When I had mine removed the medicine I was on made me far better at video games for some reason. Maybe it was focus or reaction time or something. But that was a plus for me.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Uzbekistan said:
I'm going to have my wisdom teeth removed in a couple of hours.... Any advice?
Relax. You're doomed, there's nothing you can do about it.

Actually, there's one thing. If you get your mouth numbed, do chew out the inside of your cheek. I did that by accident.

Painkillers are your friend.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Uzbekistan said:
Hey everyone. I'm back. My teeth hurt and I think I have stitches. I'm not high, but it doesn't hurt. I can't feel my lower lip to my chin, and most of my tongue. Wee!!
Don't bite it by accident, now. It's very easy to injure yourself until the numbness goes away.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Just have fun with it I guess. Address your doctor as "Hannibal" or "Dr. Lecter".

Scream from inside the doctor's office to mess with people outside.

When walking into his office, ask where he'd like you to leave your dignity.

I dunno.