Old but gold - what are you playing?

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
daveman247 said:
You would think so. I had kind have given up hope, but with how awesome Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were, its definitely possible to be true to the source material of a comic. Here's hoping for a great Dredd game, with the movie release now is the time. Please don't fuck it up.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Dusted off the ol' NES and been replaying Dragon Warrior 3 lately. I had forgotten so much of it, I just realized again that it's a prequel.

Adultratedhydra

Aug 19, 2010
I quite regularly dig out an Ancient favorite of mine called Dominus, the one good thing i snagged from Hotud before it went under.

The concept is simple enough, your the lord of a castle with questionable moral standing and you have to use creatures, magic, traps (all of which you can custom make) to fend off hordes of equally morally questionable fellows. Interrogate prisoners to find information on thier faction, capture thier leaders and make them retreat for good or send them to your dungeons and then experiment on them to create wierd super creatures.

Its an amazingly fun game and each playthrough can vary greatly.

Roboticus

Mar 3, 2012
After playing through a bit (like, 20 hours) of Rome: Total War on my laptop I decided I'd put my new gaming PC through the rounds. Instead, I noticed that I had the HD version of Majesty on my games list. A couple hours later I decided that maybe I didn't need to put my box through that much trouble. Also been trying to get a few games of WarCraft 3 going with a friend of mine who moved out of state. That counts right, since the game's a decade old now?

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Neverwinter Nights 1 for me. I still like the campaigns even though it's kind of dumb and silly :)

Also, Prince of Persia, the first 2D one. So much awesomness under sixty minutes? That's casual gaming for you.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Currently playing X-Com UFO defence.

Some annoying outdated mechanics and conventions, but i am enjoying it and all in all it is a pretty damn solid game. Too bad i was only 4 or so when it came out, and couldn't enjoy it before parts of it became so dated.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Just played Half Life, kinda bothers me that the FOV resets itself everytime you restart the game.

And GTA III, my fave GTA together with 2 :p

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
DoPo said:
I literally just finished a playthrough on Bloodlines. Played with CompMod on, I had Ash with me for most of the time, my character was a Nosferatu with lots of hacking and lockpicking, other people did the fighting and the talking for him. I went with the lone wolf ending, because hell yeah!
Booya!
Love that game, it's aged so well.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Demon ID said:
It can also boast one of hell of a soundtrack
ninja'd on the first post. oh well have to post videos now.

Wado Rhyu

May 19, 2010
Morrowind for me. i just can't stop loving it. also still haven't finished the final mission. even though i am playing it for 4 years now

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Freelancer is a big one;thank god for the Discovery mod. Aside from that,I regularly play Heroes of Might & Magic III: Complete. I just can't get enough of Crag Hack. Agrael (HoMM V) is nice...But nothing tops Crag.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I was playing Final Fantasy II on my DS before today. I got Borderlands 2 in the mail today, so its gonna get shelved for a while.

Already played it many times though.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
Fallout 2, although I'm not sure it fits the criteria since I've been playing it every week since 1998. >.>

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Xdeser2 said:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RRtlWfi6jiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

The first game i ever played, and Im happy to say its great for more than the nostalgia :D
If you want to show a youtube video all you have to do is put "youtube" into closed brackets make an equals sign and take the gibberish in the address bar, in this case it was RRtlWfi6jiM, and C+P it so it looks something like this "youtube=RRtlWfi6jiM", put it in brackets where the " are and voilà.
ANYWAY does GTA 4 count as an old game yet? If not I'm also playing through MGS2 and 3 because they're amazing and I'm a fanboy.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Moosenukle said:
Not sure if you can call Warcraft III an oldie yet (more than 10 years old now), but I am having a blast with that and it's expansion. I never did play it without cheats when I was younger, and it is a whole different experience, I must say.
Warcraft III was the first PC game I ever owned and played the FUDGE out of; went back to it like a year ago and realised that I hadn't been paying attention (I was, like, 14 at the time, and again, not only first PC but first real RTS) to all the different types of damage and the buffs.

It ages well, very well indeed; although getting an actual game of the base game on Battle.net at the time was...well...impossible unless it was prearranged.

Also planning on a big ol' playthrough of Fallouts 1-3 (this'll probably be over a few years...) with a character with 1 luck. His name is Errol.