Old games that you think need a remake

Ciarnyn

Oct 12, 2009
Deus Ex. It's not thaaaaat old, and it's definitely still playable, but... I don't know, that game sucked me in, and every year/couple of years I go back and play it, but it gets older and older. Maybe they'd make it so you actually have choices in the story... one part in particular, though obviously having a choice there would have essentially meant making two completely different stories.

(I did play through Deus Ex 2, and didn't hate it, the ending was pretty cool... but still. Deus Ex brings back some hardcore nostalgia.)

Also, props to Del-Toro... I would buy the hell out of an X-Wing/TIE Fighter remake.

ThisTypeofThinking

Jul 2, 2009
BF1942 PLEASE. None of this stripped down 1943 crap. I know most other people are tired of WWII games, but they really don't bother me, and WWII is the best setting for a BF type game imo.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
Posted in this sort of thing before and my answer is the same: Jet Force Gemini. It'd be much better with a dual-control stick control scheme and online play, and updated graphics wouldn't be bad either.

Big Max

Aug 29, 2009
Halo: CE, I adored that game and would love to see it again in some sexy graphics with some nice looking cutscenes thrown in.

Hapfairy

Dec 8, 2009
The obvious one: Final Fantasy 7. If only because it was such an awesome story, and the PS graphics didn't really do it justice.

The non-obvious one: Day of the Tentacle. I freaking love that game :D they continued Monkey Island so I reckon they should continue the Maniac Mansion series.

ReinofFire

Jun 30, 2009
Might not be a really good idea, but i would like to see what The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past would look like with the newer graphics. Also OoT but thats fairly newer (but it would be awesome to play again).

...umm. Yeah.

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
Space station silicone valley!
Banjo Kazooie (a proper one)
Battlefront
Timesplitters (any one)
Glover
aand Ocarina of time.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
maybe you'll hate me for saying it but Halo: CE
this was the best game of the series, and if they just redid it with Halo 3s graphics it would be fantastic.

Dragoonit

Dec 12, 2009
how about actual old games.... like for NES, Genesis.....

OT: NES: Basewars, Contra, Ikari Warriors 2, Jaws, World Cup, River City Ransom

Genesis: Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Earthworm Jim (even though it has been mentioned), Mutant League Football/Hockey, Ristar, Road Rash, Toejam & Earl

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Blackthorn. Make it again, and simply amp up the graphics and add levels and designs. Nothing too dramatically different. That game is a forgotten Gem that people should be reminded of.

That or Shadow Runner by Bethesda. That game was good fun aswell.

bioshockedcriticjrr

Sep 28, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
bioshockedcriticjrr said:
Ninjamedic said:
Resident evil 2+3, in the same style re1 was remade for the gamecube.
I think they remade those games for the Gamecube as well
They weren't remade, just ported.

EDIT: Mega man Collection for europe
really? that's stupid, its like having to shell out another thirty bucks for a ten-year-old game,
Zing said:
Ocarina of Time would be so good with modern graphics.
also I think they did that too, but don't take my word for it

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
Ninjamedic said:
Resident evil 2+3, in the same style re1 was remade for the gamecube.
I think they remade those games for the Gamecube as well
They weren't remade, just ported.

EDIT: Mega man Collection for europe
really? that's stupid, its like having to shell out another thirty bucks for a ten-year-old game,
I only bought re2 on the gamecube as my brothers copy disintegrated before I could complete it.

WayOutThere

Aug 1, 2009
Donkey Kong 64- hope it gets remade for the PSP

its basically Mario 64 with Donkey Kong instead- that is you explore an open world collecting stuff

Super Star Wars- hope it gets remade for the DS

side scoller that has a tendency to be hugely difficult

Deus Ex for whatever system

RPG shooter, never played it before but I hope they make a remake so I can play it without having to put up with the dated graphics

koeniginator

Jul 29, 2009
Halo: Combat Evolved
The only reason I'm not playing that game anymore is because the graphics are causing my eyes to twitch.

Half-Life 1.
Ok, first step completed valve, you've ported it to the source engine.
Next step: improving the graphics so that they meet Half Life 2's graphics.