Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
hamboza said:
I had this game on NES when I was a kid but never did know it's real name or find it. I had it as a gift and it said Robocop on it's cover but it wasn't robocop just a bad chinese translation I think. Anyways, you play some sort of a robocop/cyborg you have a basic jump and basic punch, you also have a flying small bot companion that fires each time you punch. and you pick up different weapon parts which change the bots weapon. and if you pick up the same type of weapon three times in a row then you have a new advanced firing mode for your bot and you. it was set in a futuristic time, it's a side scroller platformer, you fight people, bots, bosses...
I think that may have been Tokkyuu Shirei: Solbrain [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDetm8Etozk] (or possibly the localized Western version, Shatterhand [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1VCf_pDSKY]).

Seriis

Nov 19, 2015
So I need some help remembering this game I used to play on the PC.

It was maybe 5-6 years ago. It was a shooter set in a sci-fi like map. You had some sort of rollerblades on, or you were rolling on something atleast, and you had jetpacks that made you go faster, and jumping/gliding all over. This was a big part of the game. I remember this because i though that the jetpack "wings" looked great. I cant remember if you picked up guns, upgraded yourself or if you picked your setup before the game. I know that you had to choose your class before starting. So all you really did was jumping around shooting people in what looked like a spacestation in space. The game was really pretty to look at. Really flashy.

I know this isnt much to go on but Im hoping that someone might remember a bit more than me :)

jakeyavis

Nov 19, 2015
Jelly ^.^ said:
Okay, this is going to be a really off-the-wall one, but back in primary school we played a game where you had to race against an opponent, but by gathering parts in a sort of sidescrolling game with puzzles on like, magnetism and stuff. This was when the computers had windows 95 and 98.

Also, does anyone have a link to the Maths Circus games from that time period? I'd really like to play the second one and get past that fucking monster bastard on Expert using the wizard etc.

Thanks guys.
I had this game too! I just found it online. It's called "Super Solvers: Gizmos and Gadgets"

You're welcome!

AdamTheGunner

Nov 20, 2015
Hey, so i could use some help to find a game that i played around 2007 but i'm pretty sure it was made some time ago. So the information: The game is a top-down survival Alien vs Human colony building survival game and you can choose whether to survive as Aliens or Humans, The game is available on PC, the animations were sprites and the objective of the game was to kill the opposite race. Please answer if you know what i'm talking about! :D

Shira Avner

Nov 20, 2015
Hiya

PLEASE HELPPPPPP

I played this game in 2007-8 probably;
You would have this character that kind of reminds me of a potato but I don't actually remember, and there would be green and yellow and red tiles on the floor. The character would move onto these tiles using your arrow keys. Green tiles were safe, but yellow tiles would fall and disappear after you stepped on it and red tiles would have spikes shooting out of them every few seconds so you could only pass when there were no spikes on it. There were also portals which could transport you nearer to the exit and I think you would have to collect a key before you entered the exit doorway...
Oh and it was levels, so once you passed one you would move onto the next.
It was also in Spanish if that helps, to play you would have to press 'Jugar'.
I think I remember the name having a '2' in it, but not for certain..

PLEASE AND THANK YOU XOX

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Seriis said:
So I need some help remembering this game I used to play on the PC.

It was maybe 5-6 years ago. It was a shooter set in a sci-fi like map. You had some sort of rollerblades on, or you were rolling on something atleast, and you had jetpacks that made you go faster, and jumping/gliding all over. This was a big part of the game. I remember this because i though that the jetpack "wings" looked great. I cant remember if you picked up guns, upgraded yourself or if you picked your setup before the game. I know that you had to choose your class before starting. So all you really did was jumping around shooting people in what looked like a spacestation in space. The game was really pretty to look at. Really flashy.

I know this isnt much to go on but Im hoping that someone might remember a bit more than me :)
To me it sounds like a game out of the "Tribes" Series. I don't think there's other games which involved
"skiing" and jetpacks.

Check them out, Hi-Rez Studios are giving the older games away.

https://www.tribesuniverse.com/

TheBuggman

Nov 21, 2015
Okay, I really don't expect anyone to get this one considering how little I have to give on it.

I remember it as a puzzle game, though it could be labeled as adventure or even strategy. It could be on anything from Win95-WinME, but is most likely run on Windows 98. It was 2D, perhaps top-down or isometric view. I think I remember playing it around the same time as Chip's Challenge. That's just where my mind goes when I try to remember it. Likely in the same vein. Each map may have been timed or counted steps.

The setting might have moved from place to place, but what I seem to remember best is a jungle map. I don't think the whole map fit on screen at once. I may have had to move or mouse around to see everything. The one thing that I remember more clearly than anything else is that there was a man attached to the heads-up interface who would comment on you as you go. If you're idle (which happened a lot to me in the later levels as I sat, thinking about how to complete them), the (old?) man would ask "Are you still there?" I think the voice was the same pitch as an old prospector, but without the shakiness.

That's all I have to go on. I wish I had more. This game was my single favorite thing about visiting my grandmother's house while I was growing up, until it mysteriously disappeared one day... The game, not the house. I never got to complete it.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
TheBuggman said:
Okay, I really don't expect anyone to get this one considering how little I have to give on it.

I remember it as a puzzle game, though it could be labeled as adventure or even strategy. It could be on anything from Win95-WinME, but is most likely run on Windows 98. It was 2D, perhaps top-down or isometric view. I think I remember playing it around the same time as Chip's Challenge. That's just where my mind goes when I try to remember it. Likely in the same vein. Each map may have been timed or counted steps.

The setting might have moved from place to place, but what I seem to remember best is a jungle map. I don't think the whole map fit on screen at once. I may have had to move or mouse around to see everything. The one thing that I remember more clearly than anything else is that there was a man attached to the heads-up interface who would comment on you as you go. If you're idle (which happened a lot to me in the later levels as I sat, thinking about how to complete them), the (old?) man would ask "Are you still there?" I think the voice was the same pitch as an old prospector, but without the shakiness.

That's all I have to go on. I wish I had more. This game was my single favorite thing about visiting my grandmother's house while I was growing up, until it mysteriously disappeared one day... The game, not the house. I never got to complete it.
Check Out

Dr. Brain Thinking Games: IQ Adventure (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_TBzmltprg

missmolly13

Nov 21, 2015
I remember playing a computer game on a Mac in the 90s (maybe mid-90s) that was mostly if not all black and white graphics where you would travel to the main character's planet. On the planet there were houses you could go into and find things. Most of the game was about just looking around from what I can remember, it wasn't really competitive or anything. I can't remember the name but the main character was sort of a clown/alien maybe and his name was Zeebo or Weebo or something like that. I'm sorry for the lack of details but this was 20 years ago, so...that's about the best I can do. I'd really appreciate if anyone could tell me the name of the game. It's been bothering me for months!

TheBuggman

Nov 21, 2015
diablo rules said:
Check Out

Dr. Brain Thinking Games: IQ Adventure (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_TBzmltprg
Man... Unfortunately, this isn't the one, but I'm impressed with how well it matches the description. The man was, perhaps, older, though. He either had less hair or a more wild hairstyle. Also, the artwork/technologies involved may not have been as complex.

thomas41173

Nov 21, 2015
I know its obscure but I remember playing a pc game on the internet(might have been part of a series) is was set in space and im pretty sure there was a flying pig in it. I played a few years ago and no its not The Dig.

Ali Najjar

Nov 21, 2015
hi guys, so i've been looking for this game for months with no results, i dnt remember much, it's like a board game with tiles, u move a single person who represents a mini army and when u start the fight the game is no longer board but they show u the fight up-close, it has indians in it and a guy named Duke who helps u later on in the game, it's like strategy war, i only remember the tiles with colors and the fights mostly in jungle.. i played it around 2002, i would be very thankful for the help :)
ps: it was on a 500-game cd. and it's also adventure as is has some agenda you have to complete...
it's a turn-based strategy video game for pc

jodou4

Nov 11, 2015
Hey guys,

I am remembering playing in the 90's in a game on my computer I was controlling an old man that was supposed to kill Monsters in a caste... I know I was playing it at the same time as Hocus Pocus, but really can't remember the name... Hope you coulrs help Thanks

PrettyDarling666

Nov 21, 2015
I remember playing this really cool game. I remember it was on PC, and it would have been between 2003 and 2007.
You were this person, and you had to travel in these locations. It looked really pixelated, kinda old school. You collected fruits for points.. wasps killed you, and you could climb trees and jump and stuff.

I also remember that at the end of every level you had to go into like a portal type thing, it was kinda blue and purple and in a silver frame. And that when you died you reappeared at the last checkpoint you went through.
And the title screen had gold font and kinda flashed like those old arcade games and the background changed through the levels. One of the levels was like a forest, and it had multiple stages so you'd play like 1.1, then 1.2 etc.

The title screen was green and gold with a forest background and the text used to flash or glitter. Also remembered that you were a girl and monsters or something stole either your parent or partner and that's why you went through the portals.

rapha37

Nov 21, 2015
I played a computer game between 1998 and 2003. A kind of black monster was throwing fireballs to us. As weapon, I had a boomerang and keels (it changed when it was a different level). We had to kill clowns, I think, in a circus. I think there was another level in the desert ans another in the snow... It's hard to find!

darthus

Mar 8, 2008
Here's one I've been trying to remember for years:

It was a computer game of some kind, in the 80s to early 90s, can't remember if it was PC, Amiga, Commodore or Mac. It was a side scrolling game which evoked the original Prince of Persia, but a lot of the gameplay involved avoiding random guards that patrolled by pressing yourself up against the background in alcoves in walls. I believe there were traps and you were thematically a "thief" character, moving deeper and deeper into a castle. I vaguely remember the title screen having a very large stone wall extending across the screen (perhaps at an angle) and your character displayed prominently. My mind wants to think Shadows was in the title, but I am not sure. I am also relatively sure this was a low color count game, perhaps black and white, perhaps CGA.

Anyone recognize it?

CBGxSTRAPPED

Nov 21, 2015
Alright bare with me here lol its been almost twenty years. Okay so i remember it was something like an RPG kinda game. In the cutscenes there would be a cat and i think you were trying to find out where it was and save it. The characters used to have special abilities in battle and one guy could bring down meteors from the sky in his ability. Maybe on playstation 1 i believe it was.

WillS75

Nov 22, 2015
Hey all, hoping that someone can help sort this out as I've been trying to find this game for years and nothing...
1> Is a turn-based game iirc
2> Starts off on an island on a dock, just one guy (can't recall what his name is)
3> Its post-apocalyptic, zombies and other "mad scientist style beasties"
4> You gather people on your team as you go, I remember one guy had a shot gun, there was a pistol and I think you got to start of with a bat or 2x4.
5> Was a boss in there called "lilth"(?)
6> Would've been for windows, probably between 97 to 2000.
Any help/ideas would be excellent as I only got 34 pages into the thread so it might be in here but didn't find a good way to search the thing :-/
Thanks!

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
darthus said:
Here's one I've been trying to remember for years:

It was a computer game of some kind, in the 80s to early 90s, can't remember if it was PC, Amiga, Commodore or Mac. It was a side scrolling game which evoked the original Prince of Persia, but a lot of the gameplay involved avoiding random guards that patrolled by pressing yourself up against the background in alcoves in walls. I believe there were traps and you were thematically a "thief" character, moving deeper and deeper into a castle. I vaguely remember the title screen having a very large stone wall extending across the screen (perhaps at an angle) and your character displayed prominently. My mind wants to think Shadows was in the title, but I am not sure. I am also relatively sure this was a low color count game, perhaps black and white, perhaps CGA.

Anyone recognize it?
Shadows Of Cairn (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUW7gZUqdK8