Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

IIZeRoII

Mar 10, 2015
diablo rules said:
IIZeRoII said:
Hello guys!

There is this one Tank-Game i played several years ago!

-it's 2d
-it was no browser game
-the title-splashart included 4(?) tanks/artilleries in 4 different colors (I think blue, red, green and yellow)
-you could buy different missles/guns like: a pistole, rockets, a CRATE which explodes and shoots ALL missles available in this game (it was the most expensive one), toxic grenades which would spawn green pixles (they damage over time) and a laserbeem and so on.
-if you shoot the ground/mountain there would be a hole left and the destroyed part would roll down as small pixles which would fill up holes beneeth the explosion or dig in other tanks.
-you could play local mode or just vs bots (up to 6 maybe 8 players/bots?).
-several maps (winter, summer, night, daytime..)
-sometimes, there would fly an extra missle from the sky and you could shoot it to gain this specific missle.
-oh and most of the missles would fly in an arc so you would have to aim high and against the WIND. (could turn wind off)

That's about all I know.. I searched several hours but i can't seem to find it. lmao

Hope someone finds it and thank YOU in advance!!

IIZeRoII
A shot in the dark..

Xtreme Tankz Madness II (2002)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqt-0pht2jI

Sadly it's not the right one! It's more like a platformer-ish view! But thanks anyway!

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Niradnis said:
Greetings!

Looking for a FPS/TPS 'red vs blue' game from 2000-2010 year range. The main feature is that we play with a female character and not some brutal guy. The char had Tribes Ascend-look-alike armor with exposed areas. Special abilities: flight/dash. The game probably had capture the flag mode, capture point and other modes. No other details :(

Exclude:
Firefall
Global Agenda
Tribes
Halo
Quake
OpenArena
Cube 2
Unreal Tournament
Planetside
Nexuiz
Nova 3
Global Defence Force
S4 League
Red Eclipse
P.N.03
Gunvalkyrie

Hope someone can help me. I'd be very happy! Thank you in advance.
While checking out the Tribes series, have you also had a look at "Tribes: Vengeance"?
It's the often overlooked "stepchild with a decent single-player campaign".
You begin the game as Victoria, later in the campaign also playing as her daughter Julia,
whose missions will introduce you to the various modes of MP gameplay. Pretty cool.

Grab Vengeance at the official site, while it's free.

https://www.tribesuniverse.com/

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Luca Tagliaferri said:
You are simply the best! and responsible for making me play this night at the pc instead of sleeping!!

thank you very much
My pleasure; I also played it way back in the day, and spent weeks hunting for it on Google a few years back. It's a great little game.

Sorry about messing up your sleeping schedule, though ; )

Laxeath said:
Apologies if this one has already been done.
I remember playing a game at school on early Windows; 3.1? 95? something like that. The game play area was a window and while your mouse was it would be a little character. Enemies would bounce around the window at varying rates and you'd have to avoid them while trying to collect all the gems on the screen to advance to the next level. Each level had an awesome theme and the enemies would be more numerous and faster and there'd be more gems to collect.
An example of the level themes was I remember an Egyptian level where there were a couple of pyramids in the background and the enemies were camels and you had to collect oval red gems (I think).
Cheers,
Tom
Could it perchance be Jewel Thief [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pskzo4hhMyM]?

Laxeath

Nov 25, 2015
Ogoid said:
Luca Tagliaferri said:
You are simply the best! and responsible for making me play this night at the pc instead of sleeping!!

thank you very much
My pleasure; I also played it way back in the day, and spent weeks hunting for it on Google a few years back. It's a great little game.

Sorry about messing up your sleeping schedule, though ; )

Laxeath said:
Apologies if this one has already been done.
I remember playing a game at school on early Windows; 3.1? 95? something like that. The game play area was a window and while your mouse was it would be a little character. Enemies would bounce around the window at varying rates and you'd have to avoid them while trying to collect all the gems on the screen to advance to the next level. Each level had an awesome theme and the enemies would be more numerous and faster and there'd be more gems to collect.
An example of the level themes was I remember an Egyptian level where there were a couple of pyramids in the background and the enemies were camels and you had to collect oval red gems (I think).
Cheers,
Tom
Could it perchance be Jewel Thief [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pskzo4hhMyM]?
That's the baby! You're a god among men, thankyou

Niradnis

Nov 25, 2015
Pixelhunter said:
Niradnis said:
Greetings!

Looking for a FPS/TPS 'red vs blue' game from 2000-2010 year range. The main feature is that we play with a female character and not some brutal guy. The char had Tribes Ascend-look-alike armor with exposed areas. Special abilities: flight/dash. The game probably had capture the flag mode, capture point and other modes. No other details :(

Exclude:
Firefall
Global Agenda
Tribes
Halo
Quake
OpenArena
Cube 2
Unreal Tournament
Planetside
Nexuiz
Nova 3
Global Defence Force
S4 League
Red Eclipse
P.N.03
Gunvalkyrie

Hope someone can help me. I'd be very happy! Thank you in advance.
While checking out the Tribes series, have you also had a look at "Tribes: Vengeance"?
It's the often overlooked "stepchild with a decent single-player campaign".
You begin the game as Victoria, later in the campaign also playing as her daughter Julia,
whose missions will introduce you to the various modes of MP gameplay. Pretty cool.

Grab Vengeance at the official site, while it's free.

https://www.tribesuniverse.com/
Thank you very much kind Sir!
That's probably it.

generalspazz

Nov 26, 2015
Hey there everyone!

I am looking for a game that I remember kinda clearly, but I just can't think of the name, I believe it was both in english and russian (I think it was made by russian developers)
Most of the time I would watch my brother play it, I think its from 2000-2005 or something like that.
I don't quite remeber how you got introduced to the game (it kinda blurs up with serious sam the second encounters opening as I watced my brother play that game aswell). To be honest I think their openings was quite simmilar.
You're this guy in a cybersuit who crashes on some planet with your spaceship. You have an arsenal of weapons like snipers, lasers rockets machineguns and such (it's a fps/thirdperson game and also in 3D)
You figght a few enemies, and then you encounter some small vehicles slightly larger than your guy, which some of you kill and some of them join you to fight for you.
After this I don't remeber anymore of the story-

The core gameplay of it was that you were some kind of commander down on the battlefield (not c&c renegade) you had a base and you would fight enemies, there was two kinds of enemies you could encounter: other robots, or aliens (enemy robots was always red with yellow stuff on them, your own robots was always green with yellow stuff on them) I don't recall what the aliens looked like, and to be honest Im not completely sure there was aliens.

Your base had a core which you must defend at all costs, and your enemy has a core which you must destroy. there was a few buildings outside your main base like turrets and such

you could desgin your own robots, you could for example craft a robot that could hover, fly fast, shoot with lasers and fire rockets, and have low armour. you could also make driving robots and walking robots.
you could also control your own robots from your base, rather than walking out yourself, where you would get the view that the robots sees and your fire its weapons and such.

I would really like to see this game again, and I'm sorry if the game already has been mentioned once, but I simply don't have the time to read all the posts over 605 pages.

cyshade

Nov 24, 2015
It's like a 2.5d rpg game, and the combat is quite gory, although in the beginning town I only fought chicken and cows. I know that I first had it on trial.
Thanks in advance!

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
generalspazz said:
Hey there everyone!

I am looking for a game that I remember kinda clearly, but I just can't think of the name, I believe it was both in english and russian (I think it was made by russian developers)
Most of the time I would watch my brother play it, I think its from 2000-2005 or something like that.
I don't quite remeber how you got introduced to the game (it kinda blurs up with serious sam the second encounters opening as I watced my brother play that game aswell). To be honest I think their openings was quite simmilar.
You're this guy in a cybersuit who crashes on some planet with your spaceship. You have an arsenal of weapons like snipers, lasers rockets machineguns and such (it's a fps/thirdperson game and also in 3D)
You figght a few enemies, and then you encounter some small vehicles slightly larger than your guy, which some of you kill and some of them join you to fight for you.
After this I don't remeber anymore of the story-

The core gameplay of it was that you were some kind of commander down on the battlefield (not c&c renegade) you had a base and you would fight enemies, there was two kinds of enemies you could encounter: other robots, or aliens (enemy robots was always red with yellow stuff on them, your own robots was always green with yellow stuff on them) I don't recall what the aliens looked like, and to be honest Im not completely sure there was aliens.

Your base had a core which you must defend at all costs, and your enemy has a core which you must destroy. there was a few buildings outside your main base like turrets and such

you could desgin your own robots, you could for example craft a robot that could hover, fly fast, shoot with lasers and fire rockets, and have low armour. you could also make driving robots and walking robots.
you could also control your own robots from your base, rather than walking out yourself, where you would get the view that the robots sees and your fire its weapons and such.

I would really like to see this game again, and I'm sorry if the game already has been mentioned once, but I simply don't have the time to read all the posts over 605 pages.
Try

March! Offworld Recon (2002)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD49nlbG3fg

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
cyshade said:
It's like a 2.5d rpg game, and the combat is quite gory, although in the beginning town I only fought chicken and cows. I know that I first had it on trial.
Thanks in advance!
Dink Smallwood (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HKLY_L96Dg

Shannon Then

Nov 27, 2015
well, this is my first post, the thirst of finding this game had got me here.

Im trying to look for a game that wasn't particularly old
Its a game developed by a single person who does it for free and it's a hobby of his
the Storyline was something that always have being with him since he was young

well the game's main character is female
wearing a helmet and if i remember correctly the youtube vid that i watched said something about big titties
and if not mistaken walks around with noshoes(doesnt quite remember), a brown-off ish tshirt and a below knee length pants

It is set in an openworld, sandbox-ish desert world
She can use tanks or flying craft
occasionally when you go around you may accouter some nomads wearing face mask that carries AK47 and shoot everywhere and yell allahu arkbah while chasing you down on jeeps or van with flags clearly shoes ISIS or green or black flags(not quite remember)
The game is set in third person
it's 3D

pelase oh please i hope you guys have an idea of what it is
the game name if not mistaken is a single words (Not like games "Call of duty" which has three words,)

arongodsword

Nov 27, 2015
I'm trying to find a game I played in I want to say... 2006? It was on the PS2.

I can only remember one part where I would spawn in, and I was in this big room that was dark, and had the light sources were these little blue lights in the air.

I would walk the path and I would find this big log on the bottom right of the room. At the top right of the room, I would be attacked by these little monsters somewhere in the room. It reminded me of Final Fantasy, but it isn't Final Fantasy.

I think somewhere in the game, I was also able to do something with the monsters like level them up or fuse them I used a machine/tree to fuse them. I might be wrong about that point so idk.

I think there is this girl with a light voice that talks to me, but I don't remember what she says.

The cover of the game was blue and black with the title. Can't picture the title though.
Any help is appreciated.

Dyspteris

Nov 27, 2015
I am currently looking for an old pc game from the 90's. It reminds me of Mario because the character also has a cap and is small. But all the levels are in one giant castle. Sometimes you can see outside when there are big windows. The game is in 2d and very boxy. In each level there are things to collect such as a green gem, a crown, a scepter (i think). There are no bad guys, as far as I can remember. It is like a big maze with lots of stairs, some traps and some hidden passages. The backgrounds were more detailed than a Mario game. That is all I can remember...Does it seem familiar to you guys?

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Dyspteris said:
I am currently looking for an old pc game from the 90's. It reminds me of Mario because the character also has a cap and is small. But all the levels are in one giant castle. Sometimes you can see outside when there are big windows. The game is in 2d and very boxy. In each level there are things to collect such as a green gem, a crown, a scepter (i think). There are no bad guys, as far as I can remember. It is like a big maze with lots of stairs, some traps and some hidden passages. The backgrounds were more detailed than a Mario game. That is all I can remember...Does it seem familiar to you guys?
Clyde's Revenge (1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLX0AZYuw4I

Nov 20, 2012
Hello,

I'm looking for a old game for the Sega Genesis.

All I remember about the game is: you have to rescue a young lady (your sister or girlfriend or something) from an army of demons. On the first level of the game, you are in a dark forested area. At the end of the level is a bat like demon that swoops in at you and you can't jump out of the way because he matches your height as he moves closer, and the only way to get passed is to get hit; but getting hit kills you unless you picked up an item that looks like a cape, but acts like the Shield power up from the Sonic games.

spellhydro45

Nov 28, 2015
so i am trying to remember the name of an old game i used to play that was kind of like a strategy game. it was always 1v1 and you could spawn boats, mechs, tanks, and aircraft and they followed a set lane to the other persons base and you could upgrade them to different tiers. i don't remember what system it was on i just have a mental image of what the game play used to be like. i do believe it was on a console.

D-Class 198482

Jul 17, 2012
I remember once playing a game where you like...got transformed into a lizard person in some guy's basement and you grinded on rails a lot and that's all I remember.

DosAdict

Nov 15, 2015
Ogoid said:
DosAdict said:
I'm getting a bit desperate trying to find out which game this was...

It was for MS Dos, I think I played it on a 486.

The game was kind of like street fighter but with robots / mechs / robo-girls.

You could also unlock some full screen pictures of posing manga girls, and the more you'd progress through the game the less clothes the girls would have on (not that they would reveal anything more than a boob or two).

You started in some kind of bar or lobby where you could click on different items to start the fights, or see the girls ;) ...

Any clues what this game was are welcome! After endless google searches I did not find anything : (

Thanks!!
I think that might've been Metal & Lace: The Battle of the Robo Babes [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0NhXCPTzA].
Yes! That's the one! Thank you very much, Ogoid! You rock!

JiminKyou

Nov 28, 2015
Hello everyone ^^
Ive been wondering for years now about this old pc game my brother used to play. I think the game was released around 1995 onwards.
All i remember is that: the game has two disks, having a smiling skull on it. The main spawn point or starting point of the game was in a redish dungeon, which was darkly lit, had a dining table and fire in the room, along with a walking hand which constantly freaked you out. It was pretty creepy at the time. I think it was a medieval rpg fighting game, and it was pretty boxy but the graphics were magical and vivid. I think it was also pretty hard??
Thanks for your help! I really appriciate it xx