Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Felstaff

Sep 19, 2011
Jamato said:
Can I bump too?
Jamato said:
I'm searching for a game too. And you guys might be my last chance to find it. I'm going to use reddit-style description.

Platform(s): PC or amiga. It was launched from a blue file manager.

Genre: Cave-flyer, shoot em up in a labyrinth

Estimated year of release: 1996 or less

Graphics/art style: more than 16 colors, i think. Top-down view, 2D.

Notable characters: small spaceship, turret, bouncing galaxy thing?

Notable gameplay mechanics: you fly with arrows and can turn (instantly) and fly in all directions. Labyrinth scrolls around you. There are portals which you have to exit, usually guarded by wall turrets. I don't think there was any inertia or gravity. Turrets keep shooting all the time, but their bullets stop at some point. Your range is better so you can shoot a turret you don't even see yet (you see it's bullets stopping in front of you). Some enemies bounce off labyrinth walls.

Other details: many weird backgrounds for labyrinth. One even had daisies (I think) on it. There was a level with dozens of portals to other levels and only one correct one.
I've played in in 1996 on Spitsbergen island and I've been searching for this game since like 2002. Sorry if this is a crappy description, this is my third language.

Similar C64 games: Firefly, parallax
Unlikely (no portals or daisies), but Blastar (Amiga) is a good start.

If not that, there was a cool game called Zarathrusta [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchvftR7DZE] that rang a bell or two in my head, but that has inertia and gravity...but it has flowers, too! It reminds me of the frustrating spaceship level of Crash Test Dummies [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJjqmWEAUaU#t=5m0s] on the Game Boy... but I digress.

AndreMesquita

Jan 19, 2016
AndreMesquita said:
There was this game I used to play back in the 90s, about a camp which apparently a dog was the owner. The objective was to accomplish several "camp tasks", like a run to the lake or fire pit stories.

A particular level of the game was one of those fire pit stories, where you were given a story with blank spaces, where you were able to fill them with things like "ice cream sandwich" or so, and then a NPC would read your story...

The loading screen of the game was an apple, similar to the Apple logo.

Kevin16

Jan 28, 2016
Honor said:
Kevin16 said:
I used to play this really good game on ps1 and it was about a boy whose granddad had gone missing and they lived in a windmill or something like that. And you went along all these amazing places even ending up in this really cool water palace thing and had to fight this big bad magic boss at the end. and I ADORED it. Everytime i ask someone they have no clue.
That is surreal, I registered here today to post in this thread because I forgot a game that sounds like it could be similar or the same. I remember it vaguely. It kind of had an overhead bird's eye view gameplay to it (like Diablo 3) and at one point you have a special pair of boots that allows you to jump further, but it was not enough to jump over a specific river I got stuck at. The jump was like a front-flip.

As a young kid I gave up, but I would love to remember what game it was. It was on ps1 I think or maybe ps2, but I doubt it.

Did the game you're talking about have any sort of vegetation like trees that were a part of the game and could speak? Or any other non human elements?
Thank you.

Zaltys

Apr 26, 2012
Timothy Andrew McKay said:
Hi Guys,

First time on this forum. I've been looking for a game I used to play waaaayyyy back when i think on the old floppy disks lol! I obviously cant remember the title how the game included the following:

- Based in medieval times with spells
- RPG elements with a team of up-to 6 characters I think with either turn based play or pause like Never winter nights.
- You could recruit new team members once you found them and they joined your group

I don't remember too much detail but main story line was about a group of heroes that went to different map locations fighting eneies and recruiting allies. The main element of game play i remember that was different to most games was a evil black mist or fog that slowly crept up from the bottom of the world map and each time you travel it covered more of the world. Once the evil fog covered a location you could longer visit there.

Any ideas on a name or ideally a download location? Thanks again!
Challenge of the Five Realms.

Mike Ng

Jan 29, 2016
Hi guys, I used to play this game that was 10 years ago and I totally have no clue of what that game could be. All I knew from it was that it is a top down shooter game that starts you and your allies getting into their tank but you could trap your allies under your tank to get their tank. More details would be able to ride a truck and a helicopter in the later stages

Thanks

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Juanashima said:
Juanashima said:
Hey guys!
I can't remember the name of a game i used to play at school on computers (i was 8 yo i think). I can't really remember all things but i know there was a damaged ship, a "young" boy and a bad guy with a long hat and red eyes (ghost like so he was "faceless") with a long black jacket. I think the point is to escape the ship and finding things to help the boy (point and click ?). It's a "horror" game, not scary but the mood was pretty creep.
I remember the bad guy had a minion with a striped T-shirt, and i remember that he was sleeping in one of the rooms and the boy had to pass this room without making any noise (there was a "trap" in the middle of the room)

That's all ... I already searched on google and some video games websites but i could not find it. Please help XD

Sorry for potato english !
Hey again
I already answered this game!...I think that you made a mistake with the posts

TagDaze

Jan 13, 2009
Hey people, when I was a kid we had this game in school and I can't for the life of me find it on any of the DOS gaming sites anywhere. Maybe you guys could help me out?

Most of the screen was a playing field. Inside this playing field was a giant enemy. You played a small round blob that moved along the edges of the playing field. As long as you were on those edges, the enemy could not touch you. But to defeat the enemy, you had to move into the playing field. By moving into the playing field, your path would create a "cut" in the field, which (if you made it back to the edge) made the field smaller. If the field was small enough, the enemy would be defeated and you would continue on to the next level.

The trick to the game was to bide your time, and slowly chip away at the field without getting caught by the enemy.

It's was a VGA DOS game on PC, must've been middle-to-late eighties. Any idea what it was called?

Srdjan Novakovic

Jan 29, 2016
Hi, I played this game somewhere around 2002 (when i got my first PC). I think the game was made somewhere between 1996-2001.

It's a PC game. Intro cut scene is a movie with an actor (not cgi cutscene). He's messing around with his PC and he gets sucked into the computer somehow. The game starts in first person view and you start wandering around cyber space. I think some robot welcomes you into the virtual world, he has butler mannerisms and his name was Cycor or Sycor or something like that. I also remember the music a little, it was like melancholic electric guitar:)

So basicaly it's a PC first person cyber space adventure game from late 90s with movie like cutscenes.

I would appreciate it if anyone can remember this game ;)

Arianna Bello

Jan 29, 2016
Hello people. I am desperate. I am looking for a game I played when I was a little girl on PC. First half of 2000s probably, i found this game on a cd with other game, it was like the ones they give you with magazines, but unless you live in italy you won't know this detail.

Anyway, in the game you pilot an airplane, like the paper planes you play with, and it was very colorful. The tracks you run on were very colorful and made many curves around some bizarre buildings. It wasnt realistic, but the only objective i found was to... Fly on these tracks. Maybe it was a demo, but that's it.
I remember a menu where you could choose different planes (or it was multiplayer selection screen).
Nothing more.

Do you remember anything like this? Can you help me?

Any idea is much appreciated.

Srdjan Novakovic

Jan 29, 2016
Arianna Bello said:
Hello people. I am desperate. I am looking for a game I played when I was a little girl on PC. First half of 2000s probably, i found this game on a cd with other game, it was like the ones they give you with magazines, but unless you live in italy you won't know this detail.

Anyway, in the game you pilot an airplane, like the paper planes you play with, and it was very colorful. The tracks you run on were very colorful and made many curves around some bizarre buildings. It wasnt realistic, but the only objective i found was to... Fly on these tracks. Maybe it was a demo, but that's it.
I remember a menu where you could choose different planes (or it was multiplayer selection screen).
Nothing more.

Do you remember anything like this? Can you help me?

Any idea is much appreciated.
Question. Were you able to jump with your plane or spaceship? If so, it might be Skyroads, but it's probably not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyRoads_%28video_game%29

JacobVR

Jan 29, 2016
The first hero (non generic unit) the game gives you is a wizard. The first mission starts you in a town west of the map has you travel east to some other town and then kill something down south in a tower. While the second mission has you in a desert having to first protect the city and then exploring the large map to finally kill the boss at the end.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
TagDaze said:
Hey people, when I was a kid we had this game in school and I can't for the life of me find it on any of the DOS gaming sites anywhere. Maybe you guys could help me out?

Most of the screen was a playing field. Inside this playing field was a giant enemy. You played a small round blob that moved along the edges of the playing field. As long as you were on those edges, the enemy could not touch you. But to defeat the enemy, you had to move into the playing field. By moving into the playing field, your path would create a "cut" in the field, which (if you made it back to the edge) made the field smaller. If the field was small enough, the enemy would be defeated and you would continue on to the next level.

The trick to the game was to bide your time, and slowly chip away at the field without getting caught by the enemy.

It's was a VGA DOS game on PC, must've been middle-to-late eighties. Any idea what it was called?
if it was for DOS, and discarding shareware, freeware games, then should be

Volfied (1991)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxuMVqkLD7o

if it wasn't, check out any other Qix variants.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Srdjan Novakovic said:
Hi, I played this game somewhere around 2002 (when i got my first PC). I think the game was made somewhere between 1996-2001.

It's a PC game. Intro cut scene is a movie with an actor (not cgi cutscene). He's messing around with his PC and he gets sucked into the computer somehow. The game starts in first person view and you start wandering around cyber space. I think some robot welcomes you into the virtual world, he has butler mannerisms and his name was Cycor or Sycor or something like that. I also remember the music a little, it was like melancholic electric guitar:)

So basicaly it's a PC first person cyber space adventure game from late 90s with movie like cutscenes.

I would appreciate it if anyone can remember this game ;)
NET: Zone (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY4pJiz9qAY

Jan 26, 2016
Yo Zaltys! I had just found it and thought I'd come back to the forum to let people know. You got it by the way - the game i was after was Challenge of the five realms and I just bought it on Steam for $8.

Thanks everyone! My life if complete!

Juanashima

Jan 15, 2016
diablo rules said:
Juanashima said:
Juanashima said:
Hey guys!
I can't remember the name of a game i used to play at school on computers (i was 8 yo i think). I can't really remember all things but i know there was a damaged ship, a "young" boy and a bad guy with a long hat and red eyes (ghost like so he was "faceless") with a long black jacket. I think the point is to escape the ship and finding things to help the boy (point and click ?). It's a "horror" game, not scary but the mood was pretty creep.
I remember the bad guy had a minion with a striped T-shirt, and i remember that he was sleeping in one of the rooms and the boy had to pass this room without making any noise (there was a "trap" in the middle of the room)

That's all ... I already searched on google and some video games websites but i could not find it. Please help XD

Sorry for potato english !
Hey again
I already answered this game!...I think that you made a mistake with the posts
RAH YES. Sorry >< ! I wanted to quote this :

I'm looking for and old third person space game. From what I recall, you start off by getting briefed on your mission, then you get sent to an alien planet. From there you're objective is to locate an ally that's being held captive by aliens I think. Once you locate your guy and defeat the aliens you have to hold your ground a defeat a couple of swarms of more aliens. Then after that is completed, you rendezvous at a pick up point.

The whole time you're in a personal hoovering spacecraft and everyone including the aliens are in them too, but their ships are red I think. They only shoot lasers and have a limited amount of missiles. You're able to jump out the craft if you like and explore small buildings. You can also jump out if your ship is too damaged. You can also command the small group of guys that are with you too.

The game is in 3D. The planet is very grayish ice desert like. I could never play the second mission due to the limitations of my PC at the time, but I know it takes place on another planet. The game must have came out between 98-2005. The title might be short. Like one word short.

Sorry again, you're doing a good job here dude

BaneHallow12

Jan 30, 2016
Hello there, I'm looking for a game that I believe was on the PS2, I played it when I was in year 4/5 at the time (I'm in year 12 at the minute, so about 7 years ago) and it was a game very much similar to pokemon but instead of only having one or two pokemon out at once you had like a circle which all of your battle pets were on and on the circle there were 4 elements (wind, earth, fire and water) and each pet could be placed on their element and within each element there were 3 slots but the one to the left and right were shared with the elements next to them. You could play one element at a time if you get what I mean. I believe it was made by a Japanese dev but for the life of my I cannot remember at all and I am even starting to doubt the existence of said game. If someone has already posted this then I'm sorry but I do not have time nor the mental capacity to read through 626 pages of text xD

Teoden Nale

Jan 30, 2016
I cant remember an old game i used to like I liked it and played it a lot the only thing i remember there was a level where you start with a revolver and a green stone in your hands in front of a big mansion and when you enter you get greeted by a ghost i think?

Teoden Nale

Jan 30, 2016
I cant remember an old game i used to like I liked it and played it a lot the only thing i remember there was a level where you start with a revolver and a green stone in your hands in front of a big mansion and when you enter you get greeted by a ghost i think?