Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Cruxgen said:
I am looking for a Game that I played long ago on the PS1 , it was in Jap so is hard to remember what was it
It was Like a fixed camera perspective (Much like Resident Evil),
Going around shooting generic bad guys,
You have several character to choose from each has their own gun (I know the Main guy uses a Pistol there are others with shotgun,UZI,sniper etc)
Also there is two player VS (Both choose a character then a location to fight it out)

Much appreciated if someone can tell me the name of the game I just want to know what I was playing Thanks :)

PS: I think they were cyborgs ? Not so sure
perhaps

Deep Freeze (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGVHtscU1T0

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
williamjose said:
Hi guys! I really need your help.
When i was a child I played a horror game (just the first phase) and i can't remember the name:
I remember that the Title of the game is written or covered with blood.
You could start at a mansion (like the old resident evil) or at the graveyard (?). In some part, when you entered a stable (or a barn) everything begins to go on fire and a zombie appears crawling to you in a weird way (search for the "bridge pose" of yoga on google).
It was darker and had more gore than the Resident Evil's series (that's why I played one phase). I remember that when outside of the house you were following a monster that looked a lot like the Predator. This guy that you were following is shown in a "zoom" cutscene because your character was far away from it.
I don't quite remember, but i think that it was a third person shooter.
Thank you =D.
doesn't match exactly the description, but might be

The Devil Inside (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZcqUlf70AA

williamjose

Feb 2, 2016
diablo rules said:
williamjose said:
Hi guys! I really need your help.
When i was a child I played a horror game (just the first phase) and i can't remember the name:
I remember that the Title of the game is written or covered with blood.
You could start at a mansion (like the old resident evil) or at the graveyard (?). In some part, when you entered a stable (or a barn) everything begins to go on fire and a zombie appears crawling to you in a weird way (search for the "bridge pose" of yoga on google).
It was darker and had more gore than the Resident Evil's series (that's why I played one phase). I remember that when outside of the house you were following a monster that looked a lot like the Predator. This guy that you were following is shown in a "zoom" cutscene because your character was far away from it.
I don't quite remember, but i think that it was a third person shooter.
Thank you =D.
doesn't match exactly the description, but might be

The Devil Inside (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZcqUlf70AA
Hahahahahaha thanks diablo rules! You made my day! Interesting how I was scared to death when I was younger, seeing the gameplay destroyed my childhood hahahahahaha. The Garden part is where the "Predator" is running. Now I remember the laser aim and that camera man hahahaha, you deserve a medal for your detective powers! Thank you.

Psycocheesepants

Feb 2, 2016
Hey, I recently saw someone playing some sort of dating game and it reminded that there's this game I used to play on PC I'd say 6-10 years ago that was similar. You played I believe a high school boy that trained each day and would get stronger like those 2nd life games and beat up other guys to like win over their girlfriends and when you won over every girl you would have to fight the end boss. And like you could use powers like one of the girls was gothic so you had to fight dark guys. If someone found this I'd have to thank them and play it for nostalgia

knaan

Feb 2, 2016
diablo rules said:
knaan said:
Hey, I've been looking for a game for the past days but I can't find it's name so I'm hoping someone might know it, it is a tactical rpg game, very similar to la pucelle tactics but there's a few details that I remember which la pucelle doesn't have, first one is a blue "PLAYER TURN" when your turn begins and a red "ENEMY TURN" when the enemy turn begins, another detail is that the first level, maybe the tutorial is on what seems to be an underground cave, its very dark and the last and most peculiar one is that there is a blue (or pink, i don't remember exactly) figure on the bottom right of the loading screen, right after the "loading..." and i used to belive it was a pig but i'm not certain. I used to play it on playstation 2, but it might be a PSOne game, thats all i can remember from this game and i hope someone can help me find it. Thanks everyone
Eternal Eyes (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO_2XxbW0bY

PSX game.
Wow thank you, time for nostalgia

Noor Wehbe

Jan 25, 2016
Hey guys. Ive been trying to think of this game forever, I think its gonna be pretty difficult but I hope you guys can get it. This was a PC game made in the early 2000s. It was a 3D space ship battle game. The view was 3rd person from above. You had a grey/silver ship that was kind of round in shape (almost like the millennium falcon) and you would go from different planets with different terrains and battle other ships, once in a while you would have to face off with a really big ship. There was also a woman robot voice in the background who would say things that were going on such as "missiles online" or "damage critical". But yeah I just remember going from one type of terrain to another in each level, and bumping into walls or anything physical would cause damage to your ship. Idk if this really helps but thats what I remember, loved that game, hope you guys can help me out here.

Pranay Gala

Feb 2, 2016
so i specially registered for this. This is probably game released after 2005 and has sequels/prequels. You control a character that had to do pranks on other guy by hiding himself in various places,who has mother,wife,son etc. He would beat you up if you got caught by him. Whole objective was to reach the anger meter of that guy to clear the stage. Every stage was on different location eg. ship,house,holiday destination etc. Damn i really need to play this game again

SpacePanda

Feb 2, 2016
Does anyone remember an old pc game where you're this person who shoots orange bullets? and then theres these purple guys, in my memory they looked like purple big foots, the view of the game was like an overhead view. and i think if those purple things saw you they would say something like ooga booga. the level i remember is where theres hedges and you can hide behind those.......I hope someone knows haha

ingenuous

Sep 6, 2013
Pranay Gala said:
so i specially registered for this. This is probably game released after 2005 and has sequels/prequels. You control a character that had to do pranks on other guy by hiding himself in various places,who has mother,wife,son etc. He would beat you up if you got caught by him. Whole objective was to reach the anger meter of that guy to clear the stage. Every stage was on different location eg. ship,house,holiday destination etc. Damn i really need to play this game again
Neighbours from Hell 2

dani9963

Feb 2, 2016
Hey. I played an old arcade game a long time ago. Keywords: Top down, car shooter, vertical, 2D, very simple graphics, two bases each at the opposite side of the map... I remember being able to pick up weapons but not sure. Also, there were walls to avoid being hit by enemy. I remember one of the maps being very green and long.. There were many cars fighting each other trying to destroy the opponents base. To underline things, the graphics were really simple and it was 2D top down vertical car shooter. Any help is appreciated! =D

Jamato

Jan 14, 2016
Felstaff said:
Unlikely (no portals or daisies), but Blastar (Amiga) is a good start.

If not that, there was a cool game called Zarathrusta [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchvftR7DZE] that rang a bell or two in my head, but that has inertia and gravity...but it has flowers, too! It reminds me of the frustrating spaceship level of Crash Test Dummies [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJjqmWEAUaU#t=5m0s] on the Game Boy... but I digress.
These don't match my memories, but thanks for the guess!

I went through the list of COmmodore 64 and DOS shooter games on MOBY and am currently going through Amiga list. I think that maze walls didn't really change that much, like they do in Zarathusta. Also first level's background probably was completely black. And... hm.... there might have actually been only 4 directions available. Not really sure about this.

pinkdreams0

Feb 3, 2016
Hello!! I've been trying to find this game for a looooong loooong time.. I don't remember when i played it but i think it was about 10 years ago.. You play as a red ball and i think you try to reach the exit with leaving(?) bombs on wooden boxes and blowing them up.. ALhere were metal boxes that you couldn't blow up with bombs and there were flames that you can't get through(or there was a way for it but i can't remember).. And you had limited bombs for each level..
I'm sorry i can't remember much but i will be reaaaally reaaaally greatful if some could help me!!! Thank you !!!

Adunaii

Aug 5, 2014
1.5 years have passed, and I'm back! This time, it's about one or two Sci-Fi shooters released for PC between 2000 and 2005. They remind me of both Unreal 2 and C&C: Renegade.

I. What I vaguely remember about the first one.

1. You start in the forest assaulting some base using a sniper rifle. When you finally break through you meet this girl in orange, and eventually get out of there on hoverbikes.

2. In the last mission, you have a choice who you can help, some mean "imperials" that you stalked till that point, or the "rebels" that you like. Maybe, there is a third side to this, I'm not sure. The map appears to be a desert with lots of forces clashing. You can also use a stationary gun.

II. The second game can be characterized by both implants and mechs. At the start, you get access to various implants that give you diverse perks like seeing through walls and rocks. And I definitely remember that later you battle against mechs, and maybe you even can capture some.

I also have a few more vague memories about either of them. You infiltrate some facility, but the machine guns in the corners decide not to shoot you because your crewmates hacked them. You can drive armoured cars and shoot from them like in Far Cry. You have areas with doors that resemble those from C&C: Renegade. Half into the game, you fight against some guy firing a rocket launcher who flees later by plane (?). You fight against a cyborg with implants in the last mission (?).

P.S. Feel free to have a read on my other question, on page 430 (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of?page=430).

Pranay Gala

Feb 2, 2016
ingenuous said:
Pranay Gala said:
Neighbours from Hell 2
Lol that was fast..thank you so much

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Adunaii said:
1.5 years have passed, and I'm back! This time, it's about one or two Sci-Fi shooters released for PC between 2000 and 2005. They remind me of both Unreal 2 and C&C: Renegade.

I. What I vaguely remember about the first one.

1. You start in the forest assaulting some base using a sniper rifle. When you finally break through you meet this girl in orange, and eventually get out of there on hoverbikes.

2. In the last mission, you have a choice who you can help, some mean "imperials" that you stalked till that point, or the "rebels" that you like. Maybe, there is a third side to this, I'm not sure. The map appears to be a desert with lots of forces clashing. You can also use a stationary gun.

II. The second game can be characterized by both implants and mechs. At the start, you get access to various implants that give you diverse perks like seeing through walls and rocks. And I definitely remember that later you battle against mechs, and maybe you even can capture some.

I also have a few more vague memories about either of them. You infiltrate some facility, but the machine guns in the corners decide not to shoot you because your crewmates hacked them. You can drive armoured cars and shoot from them like in Far Cry. You have areas with doors that resemble those from C&C: Renegade. Half into the game, you fight against some guy firing a rocket launcher who flees later by plane (?). You fight against a cyborg with implants in the last mission (?).

P.S. Feel free to have a read on my other question, on page 430 (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of?page=430).
1.- Chrome (2003)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqN5zf-TDxI

and your rpg might be

Revenant (1999) (nothing to do with the movie hehe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzFGEOYmD0

there is a Cataclysm spell and the island quest too, but first enemies are spiders!

PriestVallon

Feb 3, 2016
Hi I'm looking for a game I used to play back in the late 90s, I really can't remember much but I do remember you had to answer questions to climb up a pyramid and there was questions about currency. That is all I remember and if I can think of anything else, I'll post about it, if you can help that would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to play this game again

oceansergio

Oct 26, 2013
oceansergio said:
Hello
I remember playing a 2D PLATFORMER from 2002-2004 something like, just like Super Mario, it was for the PC, but the player was controlling an ONION (or a little drop, maybe), dark lavender colored. The levels were long and the bosses were very difficult to win. Please someone help me :(

Another game I can't remember was a 2D PLATFORMERfrom 2002-2004 something like too, something inspired from Super Mario, for PC, the player was a kid with a red (I'm not sure at all) cap, and the background of the levels were mostly all of a beach, the terrain was mostly blue squares, and sometimes you had to walljump to get higher (special squares for that), the name included something like "summer" or "summit" :(((

Please help >.<
BUMP :'''''(

John Thurow

Feb 3, 2016
Hey all -- not sure if anyone else in the universe ever played this game, but I've been wondering about it for a long time and joined just to take advantage of your collective wisdom:

Back in high school (probably 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000) one of my friends installed a game on our school's WINDOWS NT computers (might also be a Windows 95 game?). It was a sort of 2D arcade game and was specifically made to play multiplayer across multiple machines. The only point of the game was to kill other players and avoid being killed. There were (as I hazily recall) a great variety of player types you could be and every time you'd die your next player would be a random character. I remember we *always* wanted to come back as the 'baby alien' (think Aliens movies), and if you could manage to attach yourself to your enemy's face he would explode and you'd be a super-strong alien (think Aliens movies again). Players could use chainsaws, guns, swords, punches (I think) and there were ladders and platforms all over with many different levels and backgrounds. We played this game for hours and hours (instead of doing work) and I would love to just see that game one more time. If you need any more information or have any ideas, please let me know! Very grateful for your help!

Adunaii

Aug 5, 2014
diablo rules said:
1.- Chrome (2003)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqN5zf-TDxI

and your rpg might be

Revenant (1999) (nothing to do with the movie hehe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzFGEOYmD0

there is a Cataclysm spell and the island quest too, but first enemies are spiders!
The FPS is definitely it, thanks! No wonder I couldn't find it, it's Polish ^^

About the RPG, I'm not so sure. It would be awkward if it happened to be just a module for NWN. Anyway, many thanks!

Gamergeek25

Mar 29, 2011
An xbox FPS game.
You play in this post apocalyptic world or something. Created by a mad scientist, maybe. (No not gears of war) Like on the first level you a machine gun. A quote from the intro is something about its good to die young.
Like when you get a machine gun, you go to walk over a hill in this rocky canyon and a group of spider like enemies starts to come down at you.

It's been so long, I need help.