Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Alyssin

Mar 15, 2016
JOR_1992 said:
JOR_1992 said:
I'm trying to find the title of a two games:

1 - I had a PC demo in the late 1990's, 97-98 I think? I remember the demo disc was orange and the game was a racing simulator type thing. You raced a few circuits and you could modify your car with guns, oil slicks, mines etc. There were tunnels, jumps, bumps and I remember the loading screen gave some quirky facts, one was something like 'engines have been stolen while waiting at lights' humour!

2 - On Amiga, a skiing/winter sports type game, you could do tubing, skiing from a mountain, snowball shootouts? There was a bloke with big eyes in a shop as well I remember!

Been trying to figure out the names for ages and it's really bugging me!!
Right, I got the name of the second game, it was called Ski or Die - a great game! Still stumped on the first game, anyone any ideas?
Is the first game called Mashed?

Vlad Ionica

Mar 15, 2016
Hello lads and lasses. I stumbled upon this forum as I was looking for a game I used to play a while ago ( in the 2000s ) which had you playing as a wolf that was defending a village which lied at the bottom of a snowy mountain. The attackers were different creatures from humans to dragons and you could shoot them down by using some canon. Another thing I remember about the game is that the wolf made cheeky comments when you missed and so on.

Note: I am uncertain about this, but I don't believe that was what the entire game was about because in the menu there were like 3 more options which had different game mechanics. One of them was about a seahorse that had to find/rescue something while avoiding stuff and another was about some monkey running from Alladin or something like this. All games were 2D with the latter being Mario perspective.

Reforce

Mar 12, 2016
Nevermind, I already found the game, it's DevilMan (Japanese)

-It is a PS1 game

-Probably a horror game like survival horror

-It look like Silent Hill a little bit

-The main character is a male

-Your friend die in the first cut scene to save you from a ghost (I think it was a ghost)

-I think the beggining you play in a mansion and the first enemy you find it is a spider woman that follow you through the rooms

-Maybe is a Japanese game

I'll be grateful a lot, can give you something in steam if you find this game for me!

babydoll_v1legacy

Mar 15, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oQBPIk3KmA[/quote]
babydoll said:
diablo rules said:
babydoll said:
I am getting desperate and Google is giving me nothing so hopefully somebody here can help me!

I am looking for an old PC game on Windows, my guess is it is between 95-2000 and it was definitely on a CD/Disc it wasn't just already on the computer. It basically had like hundreds and hundreds of 1 player card games, from solitaire, to carpet, to golf and then it had like quests you could play and you had to reach a certain score with the different card games to unlock keys for the quests and it also had tournaments like "9 holes of golf" where you play the golf card game 9 times and had to try and beat your high score. I absolutely loved it. I can't find it. I am 90% sure it is old enough that I couldn't play it now without DOSbox but I have DOSbox so that's OK!

Please help me find this game!!
Solitaire's Journey (1992)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiYobVEMUOM

use DOSbox..
YES!! Thank you thank you thank you!
OK - so I am trying to run this game in DOSbox with Windows 3.1

But when I try to install the program I get the error "Could not open the file named c:\DISK1\IMAGE16.DL_

Now image16.dl is a file within the program but I don't know what's wrong with it? Man every time I get a little closer to playing this game something else goes wrong!!

silverdreamer

Feb 17, 2016
babydoll said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oQBPIk3KmA
babydoll said:
diablo rules said:
babydoll said:
I am getting desperate and Google is giving me nothing so hopefully somebody here can help me!

I am looking for an old PC game on Windows, my guess is it is between 95-2000 and it was definitely on a CD/Disc it wasn't just already on the computer. It basically had like hundreds and hundreds of 1 player card games, from solitaire, to carpet, to golf and then it had like quests you could play and you had to reach a certain score with the different card games to unlock keys for the quests and it also had tournaments like "9 holes of golf" where you play the golf card game 9 times and had to try and beat your high score. I absolutely loved it. I can't find it. I am 90% sure it is old enough that I couldn't play it now without DOSbox but I have DOSbox so that's OK!

use DOSbox..
Also I went to Oldgames.com and downloaded it and it worked..you pay a fee...I paid maybe 8 dollars for 30 days to download as many games as I wanted and a lot of the games had dos-box loaded into them so you don't have to do any of it- its awesome- I loved this game!

But when I try to install the program I get the error "Could not open the file named c:\DISK1\IMAGE16.DL_

Now image16.dl is a file within the program but I don't know what's wrong with it? Man every time I get a little closer to playing this game something else goes wrong!![/quote]

babydoll_v1legacy

Mar 15, 2016
silverdreamer said:
babydoll said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oQBPIk3KmA
babydoll said:
diablo rules said:
babydoll said:

use DOSbox..
Also I went to Oldgames.com and downloaded it and it worked..you pay a fee...I paid maybe 8 dollars for 30 days to download as many games as I wanted and a lot of the games had dos-box loaded into them so you don't have to do any of it- its awesome- I loved this game!

Now image16.dl is a file within the program but I don't know what's wrong with it? Man every time I get a little closer to playing this game something else goes wrong!!
[/quote]

OK - but can you guarantee this will work on a Windows 7 x64 bit laptop? I don't want to spend money on it only for it not to work. I have tried running Win95 on virtualbox as well as a means to try and get this game working and hitting brick wall after brick wall there too!

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
hey guys, do not discuss too much on a technical issues which are off-topic in the thread use personal messages instead...

Zen.Gamer

Sep 24, 2014
Zaltys said:
Zen.Gamer said:
I have been thinking about this and I would like to add that the graphics were sprites on a basic 3d background (I think), and were cartoonish and not realistic. I don't remember anything about the story though.
Doesn't ring a bell, even though I've played all PS1 RPGs. And the time range seems late, since most were released before 2000.

Do you remember anything about the combat? If it wasn't turn-based or strategic, then what? Hack and slash?
I didn't mention combat because that is one of the things that I am really unsure about. I vaguley get the impression that it was hack and slash/Action adventure style like Zelda. However that could have been after you 'bumped' into the enemy and spawned in a battle scene. Though I could be totally wrong about all of it.

In regards to console, I have looked through all of the PS1 and n64 games that I could find and it wasn't in either list. I'm thinking of doing the same with ps2. The annoying thing is that since it was at my friends house it was his console, and I can't remember what it was that he owned.

Edit: Game was found by diablo rules

Blaze & Blade - Eternal Quest (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCfY6yU3XuY (in German)

8bitRae

Sep 3, 2015
This is going to be a hard one, but i'll give it a shot.

I've played this well over 10 years ago, on the now extinct gamehippo.com website
It's a point and click where you find yourself on a desert island and obviously need to survive.
It had options like "go north" "go south" "pick up stick" etc, on a small white text box at the bottom, and static images to illustrate it. (Basically sand and palmtrees)
Colour wise, it looked like Island from 1983 but it's not, it's much younger.

I remember one time falling down a hole and dying because no one could find me there. I believe the point of the game was to survive a specific amount of days.

I remember exactly how it looks, but all i have is the mental image. It's been driving me nuts.

Viktor Pischasov

Mar 12, 2016
Alyssin said:
Viktor Pischasov said:
Viktor Pischasov said:
diablo rules said:
Viktor Pischasov said:
Hey guys!
So I was looking for this that I played about 6-8 years ago, it was an MMORPG (as far as I recall) with classes, you had your screen camera above your character (like a point and move game) and I remember there was this weird feature that I didn't understand that I went to a certain NPC in the game and he just leveled me from level 0 to level 40ish.
A few features I remember in this game that CTRL was used to jump and the game had a pretty big, kinda open world. The world had a few biomes as well. I don't remember all of the classes but I remember a wizard and also a class that used to look like a samurai and another class which was sort of an archer.

Oh and also forgot to add that this was on PC.

In a shorter post:
- MMORPG (as far as I recall, I was about 10)
- Multiplayer
- "birds eye" view (sort of the same look as diablo II)
- CTRL to jump
- Some kind of a feature of an NPC that levels u from level 0 to level 40, (basicly gives u a massive amount of EXP, so if u were level 25 when u decided to go for that feature, you would have gained level 50)
- A few classes like an archer, wizard, samurai (I remember him/her using spears though)
- Pretty big world (or atleast it looked like it to a 10year old eyes)

a blind guess...

Perfect World International (2008)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTLqBWRrHmU
nope :( I remember it having waay worse graphics than this game
but in the style of gameplay it's kinda similiar, except the game had a birds eye view
thanks for trying though :)
anyone has a clue?
Was it Conquer online?
YES!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Britanny

Mar 12, 2016
Sheria said:
Britanny said:
SHERIA!!!!!!!!..... YOu are my HERO!. Ty Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo MuCH!.... Now TO just get PS4 TO make a Thousand Arms for Ps3 or 4. lmao.. Thank You Again !!!!... You Rock..
You're most welcome. I might actually pop it in myself, its been some time since I replayed Thousand Arms.

Sheria. I don't have the game yet. I have to wait until I get my allowance. And those games are going for 100 bucks each for Thousand Arms. Do you wanna sell yours? *giggles*. Thank you again for your help. . Anyone wanna trade a ps1 and Thousand arms for a new ps4? lmao j/k.

Arruda

Mar 16, 2016
2D PS1 GAME!!!!!!

Its a game that starts in a room, with a boy and a girl There is a fairy that helps you in the start, and the house is falling, the game has a top view, and it is 2D, the house has white stairs breaking, and everything is falling apart, later in the game you find a key, and the game is kinda hard.
Later I think that you can find a garden, outside the house, the game also has some dialogue, in the begining you can press X on the bed and the boy/girl says something, I also remember that the game had a lot of purple in it.

PLEASE HAWP

Jordan Storey

Mar 16, 2016
PC Mystery Game

First Person 3D

i played this game in first school. it had multiplayer and everyone in the class would play it and it also had a chat room.

you start in the sewers and you go out the sewers into an abandoned town/city, in the city was a police station with a dalek poster inside, like a doctor who easter egg. the aim of the game was to find out why the town was abandoned. you could jump on a van then onto a roof of a house and you would see wierd symbols on the roof. there was mattresses in the alley ways. there was a town square with alot of chairs and tables, there was a phone booth. its been 6-10 years since ive played it.

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
Arruda said:
2D PS1 GAME!!!!!!

Its a game that starts in a room, with a boy and a girl There is a fairy that helps you in the start, and the house is falling, the game has a top view, and it is 2D, the house has white stairs breaking, and everything is falling apart, later in the game you find a key, and the game is kinda hard.
Later I think that you can find a garden, outside the house, the game also has some dialogue, in the begining you can press X on the bed and the boy/girl says something, I also remember that the game had a lot of purple in it.

PLEASE HAWP
I'm pretty sure it is Swagman you want.

JOR_1992

Mar 9, 2016
Alyssin said:
JOR_1992 said:
JOR_1992 said:
I'm trying to find the title of a two games:

1 - I had a PC demo in the late 1990's, 97-98 I think? I remember the demo disc was orange and the game was a racing simulator type thing. You raced a few circuits and you could modify your car with guns, oil slicks, mines etc. There were tunnels, jumps, bumps and I remember the loading screen gave some quirky facts, one was something like 'engines have been stolen while waiting at lights' humour!

2 - On Amiga, a skiing/winter sports type game, you could do tubing, skiing from a mountain, snowball shootouts? There was a bloke with big eyes in a shop as well I remember!

Been trying to figure out the names for ages and it's really bugging me!!
Right, I got the name of the second game, it was called Ski or Die - a great game! Still stumped on the first game, anyone any ideas?
Is the first game called Mashed?
I've had a look and that's not the one I'm afraid, sorry. Thanks anyway though! :)

RhyzOvO

Mar 16, 2016
Im trying to remember a game, wondering if you can help. All i can remember is theres a boy/man with a big braclet on and you could absorb power through it (i think) theres a snowey level in it and thats all i can remember. I think it was a ps2 game and i thought it was related to the film the mummy somehow but i cant find it.

ThebiznessMAN

Mar 16, 2016
I've been looking for an old first-person medieval RPG 'horror' game on the playstation series or N64... Judging from my age at the time of playing it, the game was around 2000.

So the intro is kind of a blur for me but I remember it starts off and it's very dark, but for an army of soldiers with torches lit. They are marching somewhere important but i don't know. Then there's this enigmatic narrator that guides the character,or "chosen one" to an ancient forest where at the end of this forest is an ancient door, which leads to our first area... Where i encountered like an orange slime thing? Like a blob but made of magma, giant spiders, skeleton archers, and creepy stuff like that. I know that you could pick up items like in skyrim, but the feel was very different. There was like a church where you could explore and hidden items like little statues you had to find a way to reach. The overall look was very grim and dark. I even remember that the area could go up onto this castle walls kind of deal, and enemy skeleton archers would be waiting for you there. I played this game as a kid and remember it being so darn awesome it brought nostalgia to its knees. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help :D

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
ThebiznessMAN said:
I've been looking for an old first-person medieval RPG 'horror' game on the playstation series or N64... Judging from my age at the time of playing it, the game was around 2000.

So the intro is kind of a blur for me but I remember it starts off and it's very dark, but for an army of soldiers with torches lit. They are marching somewhere important but i don't know. Then there's this enigmatic narrator that guides the character,or "chosen one" to an ancient forest where at the end of this forest is an ancient door, which leads to our first area... Where i encountered like an orange slime thing? Like a blob but made of magma, giant spiders, skeleton archers, and creepy stuff like that. I know that you could pick up items like in skyrim, but the feel was very different. There was like a church where you could explore and hidden items like little statues you had to find a way to reach. The overall look was very grim and dark. I even remember that the area could go up onto this castle walls kind of deal, and enemy skeleton archers would be waiting for you there. I played this game as a kid and remember it being so darn awesome it brought nostalgia to its knees. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help :D
sounds like

Shadow Tower (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGROjG3Z3zY

for the PSX

Heiliger Lakewooder

Mar 16, 2016
Just found this thread and site. Don't usually register for these things, but this is bugging me for a long time.

Looking for a text adventure for trs-80. You're out to slay a dragon. It's not Dragon Quest. From the little I remember, early on you can hear someone singing. I must have played this around 1990, maybe earlier.

No king, no princess! There are no swords or shields left in town because many brave adventurers have tried before you. None came back.

You can suffer 8 wounds out of a possible 8. So actually 7, or you're dead. The Dragon can come thundering out of the sky, apparently randomly. I never figured out what triggered it. He'll breathe fire on you, doing 7 points of damage, so if you have a scratch, you're always at risk of instant death from the sky.

Wounds heal naturally with time, as I recall, maybe there are other faster ways too.

I remember a river, with a bear trap in it (4 points, I think).
The name of the Company that published it, I think was Japanese (but the game was English, had a very good text engine, I think better than Zork).
Misoy, perhaps? But I can't remember. Maybe I'm totally off.

Can anyone figure this out?

Just remembered something else. The game had cute error messages. Asking the game a who, what, where question got the response "You're the adventurer, you find out!" I think "HEALTH" gave you a health report, if you had no wounds you were "healthy as a horse".

gretchen.geibel

Mar 16, 2016
4th game
Platform: PC
Keywords: Ship, Scuba divers, Treasure, Underwater, 2D, Fish
Released Date: 1998-2005?
Multiplayer: Don't know.
Info: I have very dull memory on this game so I don't remember much. It was 2D view. You would see the underwater and the outside. The ship was on the water and then a character in a scuba suit jumped from the ship into the water. I was then able to control the scuba diver. The objective was to collect some kind of treasure. When the treasure was collected then you would see the scuba diver carrying a fish net. You would need to carry the treasure back to the ship to win the level. There were enemies like fish of some sort and you had to avoid them. At the beggining of every level you would hear the noise of the ship bells.[/quote]

Are you thinking of the game Treasure Cove?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Cove!