Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Tasic

Jun 4, 2017
Hello everyone I have a really hard one for you guys. I played it back around 2010 and it was a browser based game probably on crazymonkeygames, armorgames, maxgames, and maybe kongregate (I played maxgames the most so i would look there 1st). The way you moved on this game was through a 2D map and there were Asian cities you could attack and when you attacked them it would show a attack scene of your army attacking the enemy's army. You earn gold by defeating cities and when you defeat one you can go into it and buy new horses, weapons, and different kinds of men. I know if any items were golden they were really good. On the map there was mostly land but there was also islands surrounded by water (2 islands I believe). You would need to take a city that was next to water and when you defeat it and go into it you can buy a boat ride to the island. It definitely looked Asian style and the name looked kinda weird. I vaguely remember it starting with an "S" and having and odd name and may have been the II of another game. It would probably be listed under stratagy, action, and adventure.

Taffynoel

Jun 4, 2017
hi, just joined as desperate to remember this game from what must be 1990-1995. All i can vaguely recall is;

- platform game, set on some form of planet (I recall you could effectively keep going one way and it would cycle back)
- set in space? Not sure. You could go underground into a gold mine I think
- could ride mine carts
- crates. Smash em and find things inside
- most memorably, flying on a rocket or jet pack. Rocket boots I think. Perhaps I was a road runner type character.

That's about all I recall, other than the joy the game gave me!

Thanks in advance.

vayey

Jun 1, 2017
vayey said:
RelativityMan said:
vayey said:
Hey guys, good that i found this forum and this topic ! i am looking for a old game since 10+ years and i still dont found it.

I start every month to look for the game in google for 2-3 hours but i never find it so:

I have sadly not alot of details about the game i am looking for. I played it in the year between 1999 and 2002 probably where i was a child.

I can remember the first part of the game, there was small clip i think when you started a new game and in the clip there was a steet and houses to see ... then a guy goes inside of a house and then he hears a scream i guess (his wife is getting kidnapped).

If i remember right, he goes to the bedroom, and a guy takes his wife and jumps out from the window (i am not sure...).

The goal of the game is, finding this woman and safing her. On the way there is alot of "puzzle" to do.

What i remember good is a part (probably close to the end of the game, or the mid of the game), where the man gets kidnapped too (the player).

He wakes up in a "cell" which looks like a prison a little bit without anyone else inside of it. I can remember, that in the inventory i had a bananna. I combined the banana with the window in the prison / cell where i was, and then a monkey apearred on the window XDDDD.

After the monkey climbed up the window and tries to grab the banana, i was able to "talk" with the monkey with a few options:

1. UH UH UH
2. UH IH AH
3. UH AH IH UH

When i clicked on the first one, i had more options again:

1.UH UH AH IH UH
2.UH AH AH AH
3. AH UH UH UH

I had to chose like 3-6 kind of this "sentences" or how you want call it, and after beeing done, the monkey started to climbing on another window and entering a room where a guy was sleeping (maybe a police officer ? or probably the kiddnaper) and he had on his back bants a key hanging.

Depended on what you "said" to the monkey, the monkey entered ever that room and did weird things XDDDD.

I guess the goal in that chapter is, to choosing the correct pattern of this "sentences", and then the monkey will enter the room, and grab the key and bring it back to the guy (player) so he can unlocks the cell door and leave.

I never done this chapter, i was playing this game for MONTHS and i never knew the right pattern (i was a child there still XD).

Sadly after 2 years we had to move in a new city and i lost the CD / Disc of the game and the name :((.

PLEASE tell me the name, i am ready to donate the guy who helped me 10$ PSC (i got ago 2 days a Paysafecard code as a gift from someone and i have no use for it).

Ps. I know you readed now in my description "monkey". I WARN YOU DONT SAY "MONKEY ISLAND" !!! XDDDD.

I asked a few friends who know the 90ths and 80ths and they said ever "i am sure it was monkey island".

I never played monkey island. But i watched all parts of the game on youtube and there was never on the beginning this guy and this woman who gots kidnapped.... and the girl from monkey island is not looking like the woman which i am talking about so it CANT be monkey island.

Edit: I am sure the game was a PC game. Probably Win95 or 97 or MAYBE XP but i am very sure it was older than XP.
Could it have been Road to India: Between Hell and Nirvana? (If it is, keep the Paysafecard, I don't play any online games)
OH MY GOD THATS THE GAME.

I checked it on youtube and YEAH THAT IT IS. But one thing is very strange, the GRAPHICS doesn't looks like the game which i had in my memories.

But YES, there is a monkey, there is this gate where you give the monkey the banana and THERE IS THE GUY who has the key ....

But the graphic is still strange. I watched a few scenes of the game on youtube, and the scene with the ape is strange too.
The player gives the monkey the banana and the monkey does the whole job ? i can remember that there was a interaction with the monkey, you had to tell him something (but maybe i remember wrong because its ago 10+ years).

And even the WOMAN who gets kidnapped is the same of my memories. Just the graphic is a little to gooood than my memories and the interactions.

Are there more versions of this game with other name ? or games similar to this ? i dont think that in other games we will have a EXACT scene like this game with the cell, monkey, and the guy with the key with the dark skin.

I go ahead and order this game anyways :D.
I watched now longer gameplays of this game and YES THIS IS 100% THE GAME. I saw the scene which i was talking about finally. Yes there is a scene in the game where you have to tell the ape something, so this confirms that this is the game i was looking for !

finally after 15+ years.

Gryphonheart

May 18, 2017
CyberDDesign said:
Hello everyone!
I have a really hard task for you. My friend is looking for a NES/Famicon game. It was probably in japanese.
In this game you were a guy in blue outfit with some kind helmet. It wasn't of course Mega Man...
Because his attack was "kicking balls in enemies"... It was a platformer game...
Do you have an idea of this "thing" maybe?
Could it be Sonic Blast Man/Sonic Blast Man 2?

Adam Tidd

Jun 5, 2017
Hi! I've been searching for ages, but thankfully stumbled across this.

It's a platformer, most similar to old school Prince of Persia. It was a Windows game, and I want to say it was made late 90's.

1) It was set in medieval times, and had a mean guitar soundtrack, similar to that of this from Salt and Sanctuary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSO4aHy0IZ4

2) I don't remember EXACTLY what combat was like, but I know it was extremely similar to PoP. Fight when you could, hide/dodge when you couldnt.

3) It had a garden maze level, and underground sewer level, etc.

4) The protagonist was male, and I BELIEVE a thief.

I know this is super vague, but I know anyone who knows it can get it from those pushes. Thank you!

Edgariano

Jun 5, 2017
Hello everyone! I hope someone can help me with a game Im trying to find. Here are the main points I remember, sorry if they are a bit unclear but i was very young when I played it:

-Pc game.
-Isometric view.
-Fantasy/medieval style.
-It was a game where you have a room or a place where you place the objects and characters that you want, and they interacted in differents ways depending on what you placed.
-Im sure there was characters of a wizard, a princess, probably a king and a knight, maybe a dragon, but cant remember more.
-One of the "maps" where you can play was a castle.
-Not sure if the game had a story, probably it was just like a Sims or something.

Thanks in advance!

Justaparps

Jun 5, 2017
Hello everyone! I need help whit finding a game i remember from top of my dome...

Mainly Browser based(download avaible), 3D vehicular combat game, whit somewhat vehicle customization(ability to change weaponry), gives off slight robot arena 2 vibe, played it early 2000s, demo was freely avaible(Included 2 cars, a buggy and a boxy sports/super car , 6 or so maps(highway in sky,rooftops, graveyard, some ra2 style combat map whit spiked cylinders running on all 4 edges of the boxy map?), buyable version included flamethrower weapon and deployable mines? Game had damage model(eg colored circles in menu indicating car areas health?)))

SpiderGamingX

Jun 1, 2017
SpiderGamingX said:
Hello, so I knew a nice game, you had to play with 3 characters if I'm correct.

The game was 2D from a camera-angle like League Of Legends, and it was pixelated.

The first part of the game was about getting in a ship with a boat, you spawned in water and you had to watch out for big red explosive things, and if you would hit them you would explode lol.
You had to assassinate people from the ship, and you could disguise like them.

You had to move with Right Click, and assassinate with Left Click (NOT SURE ABOUT THIS), no need for keyboard.

Please help me I really want to play the game.
Oh yeah it was a PC game

Korija2029

Jun 5, 2017
I woul like to find an old fps setup in haunted house. On the beggining of the first level there was secret door behind bookshelf. Of enemies i can remember frankenstain and werewolf. You also collected red and blue vials. Its whole graphics were kind of cartoony.
Found it Nightmare 3D

El Raton

Jun 5, 2017
Hey everyone
i'm trying to figure out a fighting game (probably japanese) that I remember played in the early 00's in a arcade.
There was some characters, whose I can remember:
- One guy in a red/black armor, using a red staff as weapon (maybe the protagonist)
- A womam who comes out of a fountain, do some moon-based moves, carries a scepter and I think kinda float too
- A big muscular guy that enters the battle stage with a giant woodden mug/cup and chugs it before the first round starts

akin405

Jun 5, 2017
Hi

Im looking for an old fps game
I dont remember a lot of it.
the graphics werent too bad for an old fps game.
i think it was blue vs red team shooter.
it had some pretty interesting home screen background music.
i think there was smoke grenade launcher u could select as weapon and u could put lasersights on guns.

UPDATE:
i found the game, it was called Urban Terror

akin405

Jun 5, 2017
Hi everyone
im looking for a kind of base defend game
it was a pc game and it was in 3d
it was a third person shooter
it think it was a coop game.
In the game u were placed in some map with ur team where u had to survive from aliens attacking.
it think it looked a bit sc-fi space like with laser guns etc.
i think a lot of the aliens dropped poison when they died
i think it was pretty gory
i think i remember some guns (maybe all) having a X as crosshair

Wolfwing201

Jun 5, 2017
So years ago i played this game for the ps2 or xbox(pretty sure it was for one of those systems) and i cant for the life of me remember the name. It had a character if i remember correctly that was a female named mana. You played as her and her friend who i cant remember but wielded a sword and was a action rpg i believe but ya learned more combos for your characters the more ya leveled up. Also in one level you played as their teacher who seemed too wield a great axe and believe he had died in a cutscene following the level. Can ya guys help me with this?

Wolfwing201

Jun 5, 2017
So years ago i played this game for the ps2 or xbox(pretty sure it was for one of those systems) and i cant for the life of me remember the name. It had a character if i remember correctly that was a female named mana. You played as her and her friend who i cant remember but wielded a sword and was a action rpg i believe but ya learned more combos for your characters the more ya leveled up. Also in one level you played as their teacher who seemed too wield a great axe and believe he had died in a cutscene following the level. Can ya guys help me with this?

Fitz1991

Jun 5, 2017
Hi, I'm trying to remember a game I played on the PlayStation 1 in my childhood and it's kind of bugging me.

-It was an adventure game
-2d / cartoony artstyle
-can be played single or co-op
-there's this mechanic that if you die you go to a hellish place where you need to survive
-if you do survive you return to the surface again and continue.

Can't really remember anything else. Hope you guys can help.

henry2555

Jun 5, 2017
Hello, im looking for two RPG games i played a long time ago (the second one not so much)

The first and older one was a rpg and all i can remember is you start in some kind of camp with soldiers and it gets attacked, then iirc you jump into a river or something, the next day you wake up and you have to move some boxes around, the game has that final fantasy style of free roaming and random encounters in the map.

The second one is also a rpg but without random encounters its an action rpg (but its top down iirc) it has something to do with dreams or something i think the character dreams about his village being destroyed or something (i remember the initial cutscene having meteor showers) and in that game i remember a NPC saying you to not go to a specific mansion at all costs but you still go of course, and i remember a sequence where you dream and fight monsters inside your dream.

Thanks for reading, if someone can find out the name of these games i'd be very grateful!

Fitz1991

Jun 5, 2017
henry2555 said:
Hello, im looking for two RPG games i played a long time ago (the second one not so much)

The first and older one was a rpg and all i can remember is you start in some kind of camp with soldiers and it gets attacked, then iirc you jump into a river or something, the next day you wake up and you have to move some boxes around, the game has that final fantasy style of free roaming and random encounters in the map.

The second one is also a rpg but without random encounters its an action rpg (but its top down iirc) it has something to do with dreams or something i think the character dreams about his village being destroyed or something (i remember the initial cutscene having meteor showers) and in that game i remember a NPC saying you to not go to a specific mansion at all costs but you still go of course, and i remember a sequence where you dream and fight monsters inside your dream.

Thanks for reading, if someone can find out the name of these games i'd be very grateful!
I belive the first game is Suikoden 2.

No idea on the second game though.

henry2555

Jun 5, 2017
Fitz1991 said:
I belive the first game is Suikoden 2.

No idea on the second game though.
Thank you so much it is Suikoden 2!! i searched for that game all my life!! About the second one i just found it while searching for all ps1 rpg titles, apparently its called "Alundra". Thank you again!

Tilango

May 27, 2017
Nidor said:
Tilango said:
Ello. Recently began looking back at games I played when I was younger, and came across the vivid pictures of a Wolfenstein 3D-ish looking game where EVERYTHING could be destroyed. I remember you begin in a cell with a knife, and have to cut open the bars with said knife. If it helps, I also remember a safe, the only "indestructible" thing in the game. (It could be destroyed but it would have taken forever to do so). It was also set in a mansion/house and you could get explosives. Any help would be appreciated!
Pretty sure this is Voxelstein 3D by the description. A fun concept, i remember spending way too much time just chipping away at everything.
You are the man! Thank you so much!

Jun 5, 2017
I remember a flash game like 4 or 5 years ago. It was a platformer starring a small rectangle. I do not remember much of it, except it was fun, and you could wall-jump (and I think it was mostly blue). Sorry for not having much info.