Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Xzavion

Jun 22, 2013
I have another one. It's a PC game, should be in the later 90s. It's an airplane racing game.

I remember it having multiple maps and multiple pilots you could chose which had different planes. The maps were always with rounds and there were different paths with shortcuts. You could shoot other planes and there was some kind of speed boost too, I think you had to fly through something for it. One map I remember featured a canyon type setting another a more egyptian where you also flew through the insides of a pyramid I think.
From the Pilots I can only remember one guy with a red plane and a woman with a overall and having a purple plane I think.

Maybe someone remembers a game like that?

Darkwolf

Sep 21, 2013
Xzavion said:
I have another one. It's a PC game, should be in the later 90s. It's an airplane racing game.

I remember it having multiple maps and multiple pilots you could chose which had different planes. The maps were always with rounds and there were different paths with shortcuts. You could shoot other planes and there was some kind of speed boost too, I think you had to fly through something for it. One map I remember featured a canyon type setting another a more egyptian where you also flew through the insides of a pyramid I think.
From the Pilots I can only remember one guy with a red plane and a woman with a overall and having a purple plane I think.

You description sounds very much like Slipstream 5000 to me, could that be it?
http://www.gog.com/game/slipstream_5000

Christophe Tuypens

Sep 21, 2013
Doomgriever said:
Christophe Tuypens said:
I have a game that has been bothering me for about 15 years now. It's an rpg in wich you are a boy going of on an adventure and you come outside and have this amazing blue dragon(at least i think you own it). I think it was for playstation 1. Any1 have a clue?
This little blue dragon? From Tales Of Destiny ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPdRvaecSk&t=7m38s )
It might be, as i said i really don't remember that well. But if i find out that this is that game I'll let you know.

WackyXylophone

Sep 24, 2013
Hello everybody, I've had this old fighting game (and another game) I played several years back on my mind and I have been unable to find them for the life of me. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone had some clues as to their identities.

For the first game, the version I played was available on the PC. It was a sort of 2D sprite-based fighting game with chibi, anime-like characters. It had a turbo function not unlike that of Street Fighter, in which a few of the characters would transform into giant mechas that wielded insane firepower and did crazy damage on the other player. If I can remember correctly, two of the characters were a guy and a girl, each one having a giant red mecha as their turbo. I believe the guy's mecha used artillery and rockets as his attack, while the girl used a giant laser beam. There was also a third character I remember: a nerdy, mad scientist type character with black hair and glasses, and his ultra was a giant spherical silver and purple mecha that fired lasers and rockets. If I recall correctly, smaller versions of that mecha were incorporated into his normal attacks.

As for the second game, this was a humorous puzzle-type game in which you play pranks on your grumpy, middle-aged neighbor. You could interact with many items in the house, like jars of marbles that could be used to trip your neighbor, as well as hiding in places like closets and wardrobes to avoid detection. It was played in a sort of profile perspective, in which you basically viewed the house's interior as a cross-section.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thank you all for your time.

Xzavion

Jun 22, 2013
Darkwolf said:
Xzavion said:

You description sounds very much like Slipstream 5000 to me, could that be it?
http://www.gog.com/game/slipstream_5000
That's it, thank you very much :).

Gizm088

Sep 24, 2013
When I was in year 5 in 1996 we had funny looking computers that had floppy disk drives built into them I think they were Apple Macintosh anyway there was this cool game and I can't remember what it was called, it had a little dude that was shaped like a teardrop with eyes mouth arms and legs and was controlled by the arrow keys to climb up and down ladders and along platforms collecting things I think but I can't remember what!! Does anyone else remember what game is was?? I can't say whether it was on a floppy disk or came as one of those standard games on computers! Please help :/

lawrencein

Nov 20, 2009
Jazz_man said:
Hey guys, I'm trying to find the title of a game that included some kind of dragon- I think it was purple- that was captured and put into a train and he somehow escaped. I can't remember the title and its been bugging me for the longest time! Thanks
That sound kind of like the intro to Breath of Fire III.

AssKicker1337

Sep 24, 2013
Hey guys,
this is a vague description, but I'm trying to find the title of a game (it's all japanese). I think it was a beat 'em up style game (probably on NES) with a white-clothed guy (in japanese clothes) and a co-player green guy (AI controlled) who beat people up(bad guys). The White guy could gain abilities by beating up other people (like a rolling jump or throwing people far off). It's a @D side scrolling game. I Can't for the life of me remember the title! (plus it's all japanese so i don't even know what it's called. anyways i can remember the screenshots if someone can identify!

Nathanael Golday

Sep 24, 2013
Hey guys... Very VERY vague description.... but I have been struggling for YEARS to figure out what this game is.... I remember playing a demo of it at like walmart or somewhere back in.. lik... 98 - 2005... maybe? i dont remember exactly.. but the game from what I remember was on a grassy hillside, typical rpg style turn-based battle sequences. 3D pixellated graphics. I remember there was an attack from a female character that made her almost have a magical girl transformation with a large shroud of light that attacked the enemy. I think there was a party of 3 characters. When not in battle there was only one main character on screen... I played not very much of the demo so I know nothing of story or plot.. but If i saw gameplay I'd probably immediately recognize it. any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thank you

Mothhive

Apr 2, 2010
Gizm088 said:
When I was in year 5 in 1996 we had funny looking computers that had floppy disk drives built into them I think they were Apple Macintosh anyway there was this cool game and I can't remember what it was called, it had a little dude that was shaped like a teardrop with eyes mouth arms and legs and was controlled by the arrow keys to climb up and down ladders and along platforms collecting things I think but I can't remember what!! Does anyone else remember what game is was?? I can't say whether it was on a floppy disk or came as one of those standard games on computers! Please help :/
Maybe Dizzy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizzy_%28series%29

He was an Egg, not a teardrop, but it does look and sound similar to what you're describing.

hepmewitdegams

Sep 24, 2013
Okay. This might be a tough one, but if you played it, I am pretty sure you will know it.

It is an old top down computer game, probably from the 1990s, that involves wandering around exploring the desert. It is minimal. I recall a lot of open space. I do not remember any goals other than finding items. Namely, I recall the importance of the didgeridoo. I believe there might have been three, possibly of different colors, and they were central to the game. I believe the map was square.

If anybody has any ideas, I would be very appreciative. The game recently crossed my mind and filled me with nostalgia.

Thank you.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
Darkwolf said:
I created an account here just for this thread.
I'm looking for a game I played a long time ago, but cant for the life of me remember the title of.

I came here after a google search, in that search it looked like someone else had made a description of a game that sounded similar to the one I am looking for.
The google link brought me to page 145 in this thread, but the post that brought me here was not there, and I am not very keen on going through 285 pages to find something that may or may not be there

Description of the game to the best of my ability.

I dont remember any specifics like company or release year, what I do remember is that it was a PC game

If I were to guess I could only give a timeframe, around 1990-2000, plus/minus a few years,

I believe it was a side scroller type of game, but not sure, and I think you can choose loadout as well, and that you take off from a base of some sort.

You could choose aircrafts among most modern jet fighters, Harrier Jump Jet, F14.
The purpose is to attack enemy installations or bases, possibly aircraft too, but not sure

One thing that frustrated me was that I was supposed to be able to swap aircraft between missions, but somehow it never worked for me, I was only able to swap aircraft and certain intervals or if I lost the one I was flying.

Its not a flight simulator or a game in the Janes series of games

Thats about all I can remember of it.
This reminds me of UN Squadron for the SNES. Could this be what you're looking for?

This thread is pretty amazing. I came to the forums tonight to start one just like it, and here it is dating back to 2010!

The title I'm looking for was a stand up arcade machine I played in the early 2000's (I want to say 2004). From what I remember, it was a Fantasy themed Beat'em Up from a semi-top-down perspective that allowed the player to move in 8 directions. I don't remember the story or gameplay very well (something about the sky in the last cutscene), but I do very much the characters. I recall a knight (prince) in red or pink armor, a dragon-man in blue armor, and a female (fairy?) that presently brings the far more modern Milly from Baten Kaitos Origins to mind. Additionally was a flaming person (like Inferno from Soul Calibur) who appeared in cutscenes, and a prince of evil that transformed into some abomination of a dragon for a final boss. Additionally there were three familiars that would aid the player, a small knight with a heavy weapon, an armidillo (?), and a small pink dragon - mostly corresponding to their respective character.

That's all I got on it. Hopefully that's enough so that one day someone can answer this.
I don't remember it very much of it, but it really influenced my childhood in a surprisingly large manner.

Thanks for the reads, guys.

Also: almost post 10,000. Whoally man!

nightwing99

Sep 25, 2013
My Girlfriend is trying to remember the name of an old game she used to play. It was for the Playstation 2 and it seems to be similar to monopoly; what she remembers of that is. She said it was played in a spin to move format, if you landed on someone else's property (something like a flower shop, butcher shop, ect.) you needed to pay them but unowned properties could be purchased. It wasn't on a board and you choose what you purchase. She doesn't remember anything else about it. Any help would be appreciated!

She said it's similar to Metropolismania but isn't quite it. I know it's really vague but it was a long time ago.

Werekettle

Apr 17, 2010
Nathanael Golday said:
Hey guys... Very VERY vague description.... but I have been struggling for YEARS to figure out what this game is.... I remember playing a demo of it at like walmart or somewhere back in.. lik... 98 - 2005... maybe? i dont remember exactly.. but the game from what I remember was on a grassy hillside, typical rpg style turn-based battle sequences. 3D pixellated graphics. I remember there was an attack from a female character that made her almost have a magical girl transformation with a large shroud of light that attacked the enemy. I think there was a party of 3 characters. When not in battle there was only one main character on screen... I played not very much of the demo so I know nothing of story or plot.. but If i saw gameplay I'd probably immediately recognize it. any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thank you
A fair stab in the dark, but "The Legend of Dragoon" perhaps?

Kris Brock

Sep 25, 2013
I been trying to find this old game i use to play say 10+ years ago on the PC, It a Risk style game, It was Basic, You have a map like this image and a number of army's to place and you make moves just by clicking land that you have then click on the land next to it to move. I been trying to find out the name of it so i can find it,

This is the map image http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/aa/Risk_game_map_fixed.png/1000px-Risk_game_map_fixed.png

cobie1knobie

Sep 25, 2013
im trying to remember a game that was a racing game it was birds eye view and the cars weren't just normal racing car they were kind of wacky cars. I remember one track was dark and I pretty sure spider from side could hit your car or something. Also you could knock other cars off the track at times into like some purple lava stuff.you also could pick up power up things like an oil slick or rockets. This was on ps1.

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
WackyXylophone said:
As for the second game, this was a humorous puzzle-type game in which you play pranks on your grumpy, middle-aged neighbor. You could interact with many items in the house, like jars of marbles that could be used to trip your neighbor, as well as hiding in places like closets and wardrobes to avoid detection. It was played in a sort of profile perspective, in which you basically viewed the house's interior as a cross-section.
That would be one of the Neighbours From Hell games.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
cobie1knobie said:
im trying to remember a game that was a racing game it was birds eye view and the cars weren't just normal racing car they were kind of wacky cars. I remember one track was dark and I pretty sure spider from side could hit your car or something. Also you could knock other cars off the track at times into like some purple lava stuff.you also could pick up power up things like an oil slick or rockets. This was on ps1.
Crash Team Racing maybe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Team_Racing

Xzavion said:

And this one sounds like Slipstream 5000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipstream_5000

Jazz_man said:
Hey guys, I'm trying to find the title of a game that included some kind of dragon- I think it was purple- that was captured and put into a train and he somehow escaped. I can't remember the title and its been bugging me for the longest time! Thanks
Purple Dragon? I would say Spyro the dragon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyro_the_Dragon_%28video_game%29

Ooohhh im on a run....

voidoids said:
Hi there all! I Really hope you can help restore my sanity here :) - Used to play a PC game with my daughter, maybe around 2000-2006. A 3D action adventure game, 3rd person, and something like a cross between alice in wonderland and tombraider, featuring a female character (maybe with a sidekick, possibly a monkey or similar). Possibly might have had some blimps in it? Good graphics for the time, but was really quite trippy!?! I know this is really vague but she is driving me nuts not knowing what this game was called!

Aaaargh! Help!

Thanks in advance!
This one sounds like American McGee's Alice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee%27s_Alice

There is also a second part: Madness returns: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice:_Madness_Returns