Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

troyrich

Procrastinating Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
I was thinking eariler about all the games i used to play and one came to mind that i used to love, but i cannot for the life of me remember what it was so I wondered if anyone else gets this same memory issue and who knows Might end up finding some classics we forgot long ago.

My one is a PC game It was a car game of sorts driving around and arena leaving a coloured trail behind you and you killed other players by getting them to drive into the trail you leave behind. I think the cars and arena were mostly black (or at least the version i had was) and the trail and 'walls' coming from the cars were really bright colours depending on team etc. Like red, orange, green, blue.

Well there you go, What games have you forgotten, Hopefully we can rediscover old games we thought long lost!

[hr]

Edit: For the V2 version of this thread, see here:

https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/old-games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of.22/

Reactions: ignitingintellect

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
troyrich said:
I was thinking eariler about all the games i used to play and one came to mind that i used to love, but i cannot for the life of me remember what it was so I wondered if anyone else gets this same memory issue and who knows Might end up finding some classics we forgot long ago.

My one is a PC game It was a car game of sorts driving around and arena leaving a coloured trail behind you and you killed other players by getting them to drive into the trail you leave behind. I think the cars and arena were mostly black (or at least the version i had was) and the trail and 'walls' coming from the cars were really bring colours depending on team etc. Like red, orange, green, blue.

Well there you go, What games have you forgotten, Hopefully we can rediscover old games we thought long lost!
The game you're describing sounds like Tron, but I doubt that's what it is.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
I remember playing a game on the NES where your a ninja, marial artist, or something of that nature. I turely loved that game, and what really taunts me is theres this gif running around where he's doing the moves from the game and it looks like he's dancing. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please tell me.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
it had a black background, and all objects were colored, 2D polygons. There were a few 45 degree angles. I remember piloting my polygon from room to room, collecting objects and solving simple puzzles. It ran on the apple IIe computer, on 5 1\4 floppy. I don't remember much else.

Maybe it had something to do with mother goose.

Snowalker said:
I remember playing a game on the NES where your a ninja, marial artist, or something of that nature. I turely loved that game, and what really taunts me is theres this gif running around where he's doing the moves from the game and it looks like he's dancing. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please tell me.
kung fu?

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
Well I remember all my games mostly because I still have them so I can look on that rack right behind me and see what I forgot.

I can not for the life of me remember this one japanese movie though, it was about these kids who had to kill eachother on an island so that they could survive.

troyrich said:

My one is a PC game It was a car game of sorts driving around and arena leaving a coloured trail behind you and you killed other players by getting them to drive into the trail you leave behind. I think the cars and arena were mostly black (or at least the version i had was) and the trail and 'walls' coming from the cars were really bright colours depending on team etc. Like red, orange, green, blue.

From how you describe it, it sounds to me like that one flash game where everything is black except for you and any other pc controlled players you put in.

Edit: It's called BM Tron I found it on Coolmath4kids in spikes game zone. You can look it up if you like.

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
i remember an overhead view plane(ww2 based i believe) flying game for the ps1 i think.....i was very good at it to.
also and jrpg(not a final fantasy game) also from the ps1. i know its to vague for anyone to figure it out but i just wanted to post sumthing

troyrich

Procrastinating Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
The game you're describing sounds like Tron, but I doubt that's what it is.
Just looked it up on Wiki.. this does look very similar, but i can't see something that is quite right, it would be late ninties early naughties if anything and hte only Tron in that time was FPS.

Sorry Thiosk I have no idea about your's never used that system but i'll keep an eye out for you.

troyrich

Procrastinating Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
FlyAwayAutumn said:
I can not for the life of me remember this one japanese movie though, it was about these kids who had to kill eachother on an island so that they could survive.

[
It's Battle Royale, good movie and I'll take a look at BM tron now

--Edit-- Not BM Tron that i saw.. although from what im seeing this is a Tron style game.. even if it seems to have vanishedfrom exsistance

azncutthroat

May 13, 2009
It was a Japanese game for the PS1... one of the best side-scrolling shooters I've ever come across. It was basically like R-Type Delta, but done with submarines.

Peabob

Apr 11, 2009
For the Megadrive (genesis). It was basically Contra but you played as 1 of 4 Robots.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
FlyAwayAutumn said:
Well I remember all my games mostly because I still have them so I can look on that rack right behind me and see what I forgot.

troyrich said:

From how you describe it, it sounds to me like that one flash game where everything is black except for you and any other pc controlled players you put in.

Edit: It's called BM Tron I found it on Coolmath4kids in spikes game zone. You can look it up if you like.
Dude that japanese film youre thinking of Battle Royale! Great film, fucked u, but great. I still have that, might go watch it now.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
It was a game for the PS1, I think it was like a Gradius kind of arcade shooter, but at one part it went 3D and I was shooting a giant robot fish, I kept shooting it in the eyes and it didn't seem to die.

Yeah it was cool but I honestly don't remember what it was.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Dang, I have one. I can't for the life of me remember what console it was on, either, I think either PS1 or N64, maybe even earlier, though I doubt it. You controlled a girl (I think wearing green? With brown hair?), and the only part I can remember is running through a dark series of caves, and to recover health you had to eat stuff that looked like chicken wings, which were visible on the floor to pick up (I'm pretty sure there was a sound effect of her wolfing the chicken wings down). There was a ridiculous boss somewhere in the caves, too, and he was pretty tough, but other than that...

Nothing. Dammit. I played it very briefly at a friend's when I was six or seven, and have never seen it since.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
there was a game which i think was on the Mega Drive (Genesis in USA) where you were a ninja and had special moves, one of which was called Fushin which increased your jumping distance, another made you explode and killed anything caught in the explosion. the second level involved platform jumping across a waterfall. it was a side scrolling game, had you fighting a lot of enemies a late level was like a labyrinth with a lot of revolving doors that i never made it passed.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Composer said:
i remember an overhead view plane(ww2 based i believe) flying game for the ps1 i think.....i was very good at it to.
also and jrpg(not a final fantasy game) also from the ps1. i know its to vague for anyone to figure it out but i just wanted to post sumthing
The overview plane game, was it a shooter similar to say space invaders or Valken, or G-Darius? because if it was I think it was on the sega and the game was called 1942, there was also a sequel called 1943. It was a great game. i remember it well. Used to play it everyday. seems like the one you are talking about.

abhoho

Aug 11, 2009
FlyAwayAutumn said:
You are thinking of Battle Royale.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Andaxay said:
Dang, I have one. I can't for the life of me remember what console it was on, either, I think either PS1 or N64, maybe even earlier, though I doubt it. You controlled a girl (I think wearing green? With brown hair?), and the only part I can remember is running through a dark series of caves, and to recover health you had to eat stuff that looked like chicken wings, which were visible on the floor to pick up (I'm pretty sure there was a sound effect of her wolfing the chicken wings down). There was a ridiculous boss somewhere in the caves, too, and he was pretty tough, but other than that...

Nothing. Dammit. I played it very briefly at a friend's when I was six or seven, and have never seen it since.
It sounds very vaguely like a game called Threads of fate but I am most likely incorrect.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
troyrich said:
FlyAwayAutumn said:

[
It's Battle Royale, good movie and I'll take a look at BM tron now

--Edit-- Not BM Tron that i saw.. although from what im seeing this is a Tron style game.. even if it seems to have vanishedfrom exsistance
Daedalus1942 said:
FlyAwayAutumn said:

troyrich said:

Dude that japanese film youre thinking of Battle Royale! Great film, fucked u, but great. I still have that, might go watch it now.
JBrasington said:
FlyAwayAutumn said:
You are thinking of Battle Royale.
Oh my jesus I couldn't remember that for the longest time, thanks guys I'm gonna go watch that now.