Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Infinity_Bruce

Aug 9, 2012
Okay, here's a game I've been trying to remember the name of for years:

It's a 2d fighter for the PS1.

I remember it being anime-style.

There were a lot of characters to choose from. The most memorable to me was a small girl character who kicked awe-inspiring amounts of butt (guess who I always picked?). I'm pretty sure she held two weapons that looked like either fans or small flails/maces (Diao Chan style).
This is one of the two biggest clues I have.

The final boss of the story/arcade mode was a female character --unlike other games of the time that usually had you facing a male final boss-- who was supposed to be some sort of a god, maybe? Or maybe she was some ancient reawakened enemy etc. She was really powerful. One of her attacks started with her saying, "There you are." *COMMENCE DEVASTATION*
Also, I vaguely remember that the stage you fight her on, or rather, the backdrop, was almost entirely blue/white(?). Kinda like she pulls you into another dimension to fight, possibly?
This boss is the other big clue to remembering the game.

This game has a lot of nostalgia for me, and I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows what game I'm talking about and can tell me the name of it, because no gaming website I go to seems to have it listed under 2D Fighting games for the Playstation. But it's definitely a PS1 game. So it's 90's era, and I remember playing the Space Jam PS game at the same time (I'd go back and forth between the two games with my cousins in a single day) for an idea of around what year it came out.

Anyone have any idea?

Infinity_Bruce

Aug 9, 2012
yogibbear said:
Infinity_Bruce said:
Okay, here's a game I've been trying to remember the name of for years:

It's a 2d fighter for the PS1.

I remember it being anime-style.

There were a lot of characters to choose from. The most memorable to me was a small girl character who kicked awe-inspiring amounts of butt (guess who I always picked?). I'm pretty sure she held two weapons that looked like either fans or small flails/maces (Diao Chan style).
This is one of the two biggest clues I have.

The final boss of the story/arcade mode was a female character --unlike other games of the time that usually had you facing a male final boss-- who was supposed to be some sort of a god, maybe? Or maybe she was some ancient reawakened enemy etc. She was really powerful. One of her attacks started with her saying, "There you are." *COMMENCE DEVASTATION*
Also, I vaguely remember that the stage you fight her on, or rather, the backdrop, was almost entirely blue/white(?). Kinda like she pulls you into another dimension to fight, possibly?
This boss is the other big clue to remembering the game.

This game has a lot of nostalgia for me, and I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows what game I'm talking about and can tell me the name of it, because no gaming website I go to seems to have it listed under 2D Fighting games for the Playstation. But it's definitely a PS1 game. So it's 90's era, and I remember playing the Space Jam PS game at the same time (I'd go back and forth between the two games with my cousins in a single day) for an idea of around what year it came out.

Anyone have any idea?
Is it this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdUtnMnz_Kc
Erm, not quite, but I think we're heading in the right direction.
The one I'm thinking of was entirely in English by the time I played it in the US, so none of the characters were speaking Japanese. Also, the final boss didn't have wings or anything like that, she was just really powerful, and she was a full-grown woman. She also had a sort of husky voice.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
toxicpanda said:
so i don't remember much but here's what i know

i played it around 03-04 on the psone.

it was a rts that had to do with war. you would look down on the map from above as you conducted your troops. in it you could command armies of humans and mythical creatures (i.e. elfs, dwarfs...) which you would collect these units throughout your journey. and if they died during battle they were gone for good.

it had a mid evil look/story line. it kinda reminds me of fire emblem meets lord of the rings but the troops were in groups and to my recollection it wasn't turn-based
Sounds like one of the Warhammer games. Warhammer : Dark Omen or Warhammer : Shadow Of The Horned Rat.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
El Wray said:
Batou667, you helped me a lot! If you ever come to Bulgaria, you will have from me a bottle of kaysieva rakiya :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakia
Glad I could help, although I'm oddly tempted to visit Bulgaria now :)

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
mumofgamer said:
My son (11) has had a sudden flashback of a game he used to play with his dad and cannot for the life of him remember what its called. Much googling has led me here, and I though I might just put it out there -- you never know. It was a PC game. His description of the game is that the character is like an army or combat type man. You start on a tiny rock, there is a tent with people in it? (seems to be significant in his memory). The character goes around smashing things. It can hop in a bubble and the bubble has spikes on it, and you can roll over monsters and kill them. If you roll over a big bump or rough ground the bubble will pop.
(I've edited original character description. After some discussion with his dad, he was getting two different games confused.)
The bit I bolded reminded me of Serious Sam 2...

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Teinashu said:
I've been trying to find a game for a while now.
If memory serves me correct it was a CDI game.

It has a cartoony style.
Puzzle Adventure.
you viewed one area from the side view at the time.
Whenever you died it happend in a gruesome funny way.
you could see your character moving about the screen.

That's about all I can remember about it =(.
Hopefully someone knows what game I'm talking about ^^.
Well, it could be one of the CDi Zelda or Mario games? I'm not a CDi expert but the good news is that there were so few games that you could probably just google (or wikipedia) "list of games on CDi" and find it within a few minutes.

Hilde Bakke

Aug 9, 2012
I was hoping anyone could please help me out.
The game im looking for is a nintendo game, not sure
If Its super og 8bit, but it was about 15 years ago.
Little boy Who went inside a Dinosaur, and you traveled through
The inside until you came out.

Infinity_Bruce

Aug 9, 2012
yogibbear said:
Okay Darkstalkers 3 had a female final boss....... and it's anime with english dubbing. Though not a white/blue background.
I checked it out, but I don't think that's the one, even though it looks really similar. :(
I really wish I remembered more about the game, but it's been years since I've even seen it, and my recollection of it is just a few faded memories at this point.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Okay here we go. I remember it being a PC RPG. You create your character and start out in a dark forest. You have to find a way into the city so you find a sewer drain where you have to fight a ton of slime monsters(This isn't a Jrpg either) Once in the city I believe you talk to a girl. Monsters also infest the city as well so you are never safe. The game isn't that old I don't think, the graphics are in 3D. I also remember the durability system in the game being really bad, a few hits with your sword and it would break.

omegaace411

Aug 9, 2012
I'm trying to remember the name of the psp game basically it was like your this ball and you roll around and you try to consume the world. Please I know somebody knows what I'm thinking of. help me

Aug 9, 2012
Hey if anyone can help me with this game i would appreciate it, i remember it being a multi disk game most likely for the playstation about a little boy i believe going around killing monsters and what not. I remember that graphics were pretty good for its time and i think it wa a slower paced game. You had to go around thinking how you would get from one side to the other. i don't recall much of the details but it been messing with my head a lot lately..

toxicpanda

Aug 9, 2012
Tallim said:
toxicpanda said:
so i don't remember much but here's what i know

i played it around 03-04 on the psone.

it was a rts that had to do with war. you would look down on the map from above as you conducted your troops. in it you could command armies of humans and mythical creatures (i.e. elfs, dwarfs...) which you would collect these units throughout your journey. and if they died during battle they were gone for good.

it had a mid evil look/story line. it kinda reminds me of fire emblem meets lord of the rings but the troops were in groups and to my recollection it wasn't turn-based
Sounds like one of the Warhammer games. Warhammer : Dark Omen or Warhammer : Shadow Of The Horned Rat.
thats it! thanks so much its been buggin me for the longest.

tcfalex

Aug 9, 2012
Alright so what i do remember from this game is that you started off by 'designing' these little blue creatures and then you had to get them to their home village. Thing is, to get to their home village you had to help them cross certain obstacles which were kinda like logic puzzles. The aim was to get the most of these blue creatures back to their village every round (a round consisted of 'designing' 20, i believe, and getting them all or just one back to the village) and after every round the logic puzzles got harder.

I'd appreciate the help in remembering the name of the PC game. Google hasnt been much help unfortunately, but it did bring me here so who knows. Thanks!

mishy2109

Aug 9, 2012
Alright. It's pretty old game in 3d. 2001 or older. There were tanks 3 types. Big one, small one and normal. It was like arena battle. Collecting many types of powerups. You could see that tanks got brains. And after you kill one, that brain would fly away in the air. I cant remember od details cuz it was demo i was playing. Anyone got any idea?