Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Clement Saggers

Aug 10, 2012
Back around 2004, a friend of mine had a game disc called something like "250 Games Compendium" (or something like that). I can't find a copy of this anywhere, and I can't remember who released it, or the names of ANY of the games on there except for "rifle range", whitch was a first person target shooting game. Another game I liked on there was a sort of cartoony Taxi Driving game where you were a robot (I think) and had to take the other robots where they needed to go. Does anybody know the name of that game?

On another disc he had whitch was a nother collection of games (I think there were 12 of them), in one of them you had stolen a car for someone, you drive it along a highway to deliver it to this person, and you had to be careful not to damage the car or let the cops catch you, but again I can't remember the dam NAME!

These were all PC games by the way, I'd really like some help here as I miss these games, even a demo would be better than nothing.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
toxicpanda said:
so i don't remember much but here's what i know

i played it around 03-04 on the psone.

it was a rts that had to do with war. you would look down on the map from above as you conducted your troops. in it you could command armies of humans and mythical creatures (i.e. elfs, dwarfs...) which you would collect these units throughout your journey. and if they died during battle they were gone for good.

it had a mid evil look/story line. it kinda reminds me of fire emblem meets lord of the rings but the troops were in groups and to my recollection it wasn't turn-based
It might be Ogre Battle. It was an SNES game, but it got a re-release on the PS1. It also sounds a lot like a Heroes of Might and Magic game, but I have no idea if there were any PS1 releases in that series -- the primary platform for that one is the PC.

Edit: and I derped. Somehow I missed an entire page of discussion. I don't know if I had had a tab open for a couple of days without refreshing, or what.

MedicineKnowledge

Aug 4, 2012
Razaim said:
the first game is blakestone i think.
second game not really sure. could be mystic towers but i dunno :)

Edit so yeah it is mystic towers. sorry
THANK YOU!!!!! It IS Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold! I looked at pictures online after I read your post and that's it =)

Now I wanna play this game real bad haha

nexi01

Jan 31, 2012
So, way back in primary school (early 90s) we had a game on the single PC the classroom had and while I am pretty sure I know the games name, I am not 100% sure. Description as follows from what I can remember

Petras Dream (I think)
There were a series of stages (maybe 5 or 6 in total) where you played as a variety of animals trying to complete an objective. The 2 animals I remember were the octopus and the giraffe. as the octopus you got put in a grid maze of sorts with a second octopus and for every move you made the other octopus would do the opposite and you needed to make your way across the maze to a location and get the other octopus to a particular location on the opposite side.
The giraffe was a platforming section
The last stage I can remember was an attempt to get all 5 or so of the animals onto a plane at the airport.
Does this sound at all familiar to anyone and if so, can they elaborate on the description or provide a link. It has been frustrating me for a long while

edit* I believe it was on the same machine that we had Another World on and I was relatively sure you needed to load it in DOS

Burnsy34

Aug 10, 2012
I also have a couple of forgotten games...

1. A side-scrolling egyptian style puzzle game. You were in a maze type thing where you had to push blocks to fill in holes, i think you could dig (not too sure) and the goal was to get to the end of each maze.

2. An old third person shooter. The person/alien type thing you were being had black clothes/skin and a machine gun strapped to one arm. For some reason, I think the title of the game was just a three letters abbreviation like HDK or KDH, I'm not sure.

Sorry for the lack of information.
Thanks.

hellhound432

Jul 31, 2012
Burnsy34 said:
I also have a couple of forgotten games...

1. A side-scrolling egyptian style puzzle game. You were in a maze type thing where you had to push blocks to fill in holes, i think you could dig (not too sure) and the goal was to get to the end of each maze.

2. An old third person shooter. The person/alien type thing you were being had black clothes/skin and a machine gun strapped to one arm. For some reason, I think the title of the game was just a three letters abbreviation like HDK or KDH, I'm not sure.

Sorry for the lack of information.
Thanks.
#2 is MDK, in fact the HD remake of MDK 2 was just released the other week... http://store.steampowered.com/app/213350/

Ric Nilson

Aug 10, 2012
Hi guys, I'm thinking of a mac game set in medieval times with castles, wizards, knights and archers that all level up from experience. You use them to defend the castle from random monsters that attack, but you need to fund your city by building markets. Tax collectors walk around merrilly calling out silly stuff and delivering money back to the castle.

Please help, it's probably been about 5 years since I played it. Thanks.

hellhound432

Jul 31, 2012
Ric Nilson said:
Hi guys, I'm thinking of a mac game set in medieval times with castles, wizards, knights and archers that all level up from experience. You use them to defend the castle from random monsters that attack, but you need to fund your city by building markets. Tax collectors walk around merrilly calling out silly stuff and delivering money back to the castle.

Please help, it's probably been about 5 years since I played it. Thanks.
First thing that comes to my mind is the Majesty series, don't know if it was ever released for Mac though...

frustrated123

Aug 10, 2012
I've had a strange game stuck in my head that i could never complete when i was very young. I will try to describe it the best i possibly can.

Intro: It starts off in a spaceship i think. Something to do with the main character waiting on a lover but being chased by a big guy. I remember something to do with a chemical dropping from the sky into a river and the whole world changing and going extremely weird. I remember a house being on top of a hill and sheep floating into the sky.

Enemies: All i remember is a vegetable type enemy with a fork.

The game is an adventure game and i think the first level takes place in a snowy area where you slide down a slope most of the time. I think you get to each level through a portal or something like that.

I remember getting stuck because i couldnt figure out how to swim and a sign told me i needed a glass bottle over my head to breath underwater. I think the 2nd level had large furnaces and time puzzles in it.

My memory of the game is vague but i would love to look it up again to see what it was all about.

Also the game is in 3rd person and the character has a strange shaped head. For some reason he reminds me a little of rayman. But i could be wrong about his appearance.

Razaim

Aug 5, 2010
frustrated123 said:
I've had a strange game stuck in my head that i could never complete when i was very young. I will try to describe it the best i possibly can.

Intro: It starts off in a spaceship i think. Something to do with the main character waiting on a lover but being chased by a big guy. I remember something to do with a chemical dropping from the sky into a river and the whole world changing and going extremely weird. I remember a house being on top of a hill and sheep floating into the sky.

Enemies: All i remember is a vegetable type enemy with a fork.

The game is an adventure game and i think the first level takes place in a snowy area where you slide down a slope most of the time. I think you get to each level through a portal or something like that.

I remember getting stuck because i couldnt figure out how to swim and a sign told me i needed a glass bottle over my head to breath underwater. I think the 2nd level had large furnaces and time puzzles in it.

My memory of the game is vague but i would love to look it up again to see what it was all about.

Also the game is in 3rd person and the character has a strange shaped head. For some reason he reminds me a little of rayman. But i could be wrong about his appearance.
Tonic trouble?

zerohour1974

Mar 28, 2008
Rune L. Johansen said:
I remember an old kind of creepy point n click PC game, from possibly, and only possibly the late 90s.
You were on a ship with an undead crew, where you had to, well, point and click. At one point there was a pipe puzzle, where you had to align all the pipes by turning them around 90 degrees for every click, to get some water flowing, i don't remember why.
At another point, I only remember, that you needed to find a crowbar or something similar. Once again I don't remember why.
In the last "level" you were on the deck of the ship.
If you recall any game similar to this, and you know the title of it, please let me know.
Thank you.
Was this one Mr Crowshaws games (Yahtzee of ZP fame)... 7 Days a Skeptic

G1nX

Aug 10, 2012
Hi fellow gamers ;O I have a problem finding an old garden game. It is a turnbased card game with four players and it was window mode. Each player had a garden in their own corner. we would get our own set of cards and pick new ones as the geame progressed. the point was to collect flowers of the same kind, and steal the other players flowers with snails etc. we could protect ourselves from these snails with salt f.eks. build greenhouses and garden fences to protect us from other animals.

hope there are any other garden enthusiast out there. please help me find the name of the game or how to get it.

thanks.

G1nX

Aug 10, 2012
Onur Baz said:
Hi every one i wonder can u help me to identify that one.SO that was a ps1 game and it was a fighting game characters were using big swords and if u fall from arena u dia arena wa a circle shape hope one of u remember this
Soul Blade ?