Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

jshplfry

Jul 24, 2013
hello,
i remember an old pc game i tried in the early 2000s, it had this group of spacemarines, but they were actually yellow creatures under their green armor. they also had funny dialogue with a british accent, possibly australian. they crash land on this alien planet and have to collect stuff. posibly to repair their ship? they also had jet packs. there were small creatures on the planet and there were also large carnivorous ones, i believe you could somehow control the large ones and eat the smaller ones, through a pov from inside its mouth, similar to Natrual Selection, but its definately not that.

DanTheJudge

Jul 24, 2013
cloroxbb said:
DanTheJudge said:
Hi there,
I remember one old adventure game, the plot is about boy who is transformed into pig by aliens (at least i think it was a pig but after endless unsuccessful search on google i'm not really sure about it) and player's goal was to find a way to transform him back. I don't recall much of the game just some kind of Map screen of small village where you moved your character between various screens/locations and then the place where i ended up stuck - some kind of room with alien in big tank ... i hope someone knows what i'm talking about ...
How about A Boy and his Blob?
Thanks for trying and especially for such fast answer but it's not the one i'm looking for ..

ActionJesus

Jul 24, 2013
Felstaff said:
ActionJesus said:
I can remember it being a 2D isometric problem/puzzle and you played as a human on planet filled with aliens/bugs. I remember wasps or something similar.
About 50% of the post sounds like:

Flashback/Another World

ActionJesus said:
I can't remember much else though I'm sure a first person 3D version of the game was made. I remember it being garbage compared to the 2D version.
Fade to Black

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if 2D isometric was the right way to described the game. I'm not even sure it was 2D. Though I remember the camera angle similar to that of Baldur's Gate and the other Infinity Engine games.

Edit: I also forgot to mention is was a PC game? Whoops.

Werekettle

Apr 17, 2010
jshplfry said:
hello,
i remember an old pc game i tried in the early 2000s, it had this group of spacemarines, but they were actually yellow creatures under their green armor. they also had funny dialogue with a british accent, possibly australian. they crash land on this alien planet and have to collect stuff. posibly to repair their ship? they also had jet packs. there were small creatures on the planet and there were also large carnivorous ones, i believe you could somehow control the large ones and eat the smaller ones, through a pov from inside its mouth, similar to Natrual Selection, but its definately not that.
That sounds like Giants: Citizen Kabuto ?

sfrazier

Jul 24, 2013
I remember playing a ninja game were the character goes house to house fighting people. Any thoughts? NES

HolyOther

Jul 25, 2013
Okay, so I remember a game but I think it is either PS1, or PS2. PS1 seems to ring a bell, and I do not remember a lot about it, all I can definitely remember is that there were pink bears in it and you used bear traps. It was a 3D-ish game, similar graphics to Fable.

nickbutera

Jul 25, 2013
Great thread! Alright, so I believe it was around 95-2000ish there was an arcade game I used to play quite often. It was a 4-player top down style party based RPG. I only found it in arcade places, don't think it was a PC or console game. It was more of a medieval time game, I remember playing as a knight, axe-guy, possibly wizard... conquering castles, finding chests of gold and upgrading your character as you went along with things you found and possibly purchase after each level. I've had zero luck finding the name of this game. And I'm curious if it's been ported to a current console.

Werekettle

Apr 17, 2010
nickbutera said:
Great thread! Alright, so I believe it was around 95-2000ish there was an arcade game I used to play quite often. It was a 4-player top down style party based RPG. I only found it in arcade places, don't think it was a PC or console game. It was more of a medieval time game, I remember playing as a knight, axe-guy, possibly wizard... conquering castles, finding chests of gold and upgrading your character as you went along with things you found and possibly purchase after each level. I've had zero luck finding the name of this game. And I'm curious if it's been ported to a current console.
Being top-down, check out Gauntlet or one of its variations

nickbutera

Jul 25, 2013
Werekettle said:
nickbutera said:
Being top-down, check out Gauntlet or one of its variations
Thanks for the idea. I checked them out, the game I'm thinking of wasn't computer graphic run like Gauntlet. The look and feel was more like Golden Axe, but in 3D and top down.

akgops

Jul 25, 2013
Ok guys help me out here. this game would be in the 90s - early 2000 era . I just played a demo . There were two levels . one involved shooting down alien spacecrafts in sunset ( you fired green lazer shots from a stationary tank in the ground ) and the other level had me playing an aerial vehicle doing some reconaissance sort of mission. It was similar to recoil I think , same era as Shogo and heavy gear 2 . PLease help ! It had good graphics for that era .

Maxwell Turner

Jul 25, 2013
Awesome thread... but it's godawfully long at this point, no idea whether what I'm looking for has already been requested and found. Anyways, I remember playing a computer game on my old Acer sometime between 1995-1998, and I feel like this game had different gamemodes to it, but the one I remember was some sort of arena-based flying-moterbike type of vehicular combat, in which you had to kick your opponents off of their bikes. The best part of this game was that there was a button you could press that would literally make your character just bail off of his bike and automatically lose.

You can email me at [email protected] if it rings any bells.

lawrencein

Nov 20, 2009
HolyOther said:
Okay, so I remember a game but I think it is either PS1, or PS2. PS1 seems to ring a bell, and I do not remember a lot about it, all I can definitely remember is that there were pink bears in it and you used bear traps. It was a 3D-ish game, similar graphics to Fable.
Sounds like Herdy Gerdy [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herdy_Gerdy].Skip to about 7:00 to see the pink bears.

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
Okay, I've got one I've struggled with for a LONG time. It was either in the early days of the PS1 or the later life of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. It was a robot fighting game, one on one, with awesome robot designs and a cool dark blue kind of colour aesthetic. I wish I could remember more but that's about all I have.

If anyone's played One Must Fall 2097, it's not that. It reminds me a lot of it, but it's not that.

Sergio

Jul 25, 2013
Hi everyone guys! I was surfing on Internet when suddenly I stepped into this topic. I thought I would give it a try, because it's been some year I have been trying to find a game without much success.

Ok, question:

When I was a kid I played a horizontal scroll game. The game had a greenish tint. The gun was light blue?? CAn't remember it exactly. In the levels you would be able to find trapped girls by vegetation (like in duke nukem). Do you need more info ?

The game was included inside a collection of games that included black stone, warcraft 2. So I guess that's the period.

Thanks for help

Edit: horizontal scroll doesn't mean the screen moved alone and you had to kill everything in a matter of time. It just had this "point of view". I mean, even if it was an horizontal scroll game, you could roam around the levels.

HolyOther

Jul 25, 2013
lawrencein said:
HolyOther said:
Sounds like Herdy Gerdy [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herdy_Gerdy].Skip to about 7:00 to see the pink bears.
I love you so God damn much. I offer you an Internet hug.

funkabomb

Jul 14, 2013
Sergio said:
Hi everyone guys! I was surfing on Internet when suddenly I stepped into this topic. I thought I would give it a try, because it's been some year I have been trying to find a game without much success.

Ok, question:

When I was a kid I played a horizontal scroll game. The game had a greenish tint. The gun was light blue?? CAn't remember it exactly. In the levels you would be able to find trapped girls by vegetation (like in duke nukem). Do you need more info ?

The game was included inside a collection of games that included black stone, warcraft 2. So I guess that's the period.

Thanks for help

Edit: horizontal scroll doesn't mean the screen moved alone and you had to kill everything in a matter of time. It just had this "point of view". I mean, even if it was an horizontal scroll game, you could roam around the levels.
Halloween Harry / Alien Carnage?