Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

tercenya999

Feb 11, 2010
Okay here is mine: I played at bars, so it's probably Mame, NeoGeo or similar. I can estimate it was between 1992 and 2000. 3rd person game, seen from above. You pick a character and move upwards through stages killing stuff. Each character got buffed in a different way:

- There was a mage with some sort of laser shooting diamond floating in front of him. Getting upgrades would get you miltiple lasers, then homing lasers.

- There was a guy who got some shadowy copies of himself following him, which aimed and shot just like him.

- There was a robot, who readied a line of rockets on each of his sides, then launched all of them towards the top of the screen.

If it helps, I also remember you get to a desert at some point, and you have to fight a gigantic snake in a small labyrinth. I remember this because a fully upgraded mage would shoot lasers at any point, and the lasers would travel through the labyrinth on their own to search for targets.

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
darak said:
Ty for the suggestion, I checked them out a couple years ago, but none of them seemed quite right. One key to deciphering the game I'm looking for is that I'm 85% sure you were trying to capture something each level. It was either: trying to capture mice, capture a cat to free the mice, or lead the mice to cheese. Maybe I'm just remembering one level in particular, but the mice/cheese/cat theme was very strong in my mind. There was an older game called Rodents Revenge that's been suggested to me before, but that is not it. It definitely had a more Incredible machine-type feel to it.
Have you checked Sid & Al's Incredible Toons?

oborowatabinost

Aug 16, 2013
Ok I'm looking for a game in the mid 2000's for PC that was a turn based strategy. From what i can remember theres 4 marines (maybe mercenary) type guys that you play as you arrive by boat to an old factory type place. I think its invested with aliens(or some type of monsters) but your characters dont really know what they are fighting. I remember going into buildings like any other game and finding weapons. I would really appreciate help finding it.

darak

Aug 15, 2013
Coldie said:
darak said:
Ty for the suggestion, I checked them out a couple years ago, but none of them seemed quite right. One key to deciphering the game I'm looking for is that I'm 85% sure you were trying to capture something each level. It was either: trying to capture mice, capture a cat to free the mice, or lead the mice to cheese. Maybe I'm just remembering one level in particular, but the mice/cheese/cat theme was very strong in my mind. There was an older game called Rodents Revenge that's been suggested to me before, but that is not it. It definitely had a more Incredible machine-type feel to it.
Have you checked Sid & Al's Incredible Toons?
I actually remember that game and liked it, but nah, not quite, perhaps comparing what i'm talking about to Incredible machines is the wrong approach... I'm trying to remember more details :( thanks for the help so far everyone!

Lucas96

Aug 8, 2013
Krustygruff said:
Krustygruff said:
Lucas96 said:
Hey guys.I'm looking for 2 old RPG games,in the first one the main character that you play with is a girl.I don't remember much of what happens,I just know that your village is invaded by some orcs/monsters and right at the beginning of the game you kill 2 of them in front of your house,and then you run away and do different quests.

In the second game,you play with a guy who has long hair and lives in some kind of castle.At the beginning of the game you wake up and then go train your skills with one of your friends.After that I don't remember anything except that you are infected with some kind of virus or that you're cursed,and you have a limited time to get somewhere before you turn into a monster.I never managed to get to where i needed to,I always turned into a monster and then the mission failed and reloaded from a previous checkpoint or something like that.
I would really appreciate if someone would tell me the names of these games.Have a nice day!
Likewise, I've been trying to puzzle out what this game (2nd in the list)was for years! I'm pretty sure it had Dark or Fear in the title.

Help Please!
Anyone have any ideas about this one?
I found the name of the second game.It's called Dark Earth

Krustygruff

Aug 9, 2013
Lucas96 said:
Krustygruff said:
Krustygruff said:
Lucas96 said:
Hey guys.I'm looking for 2 old RPG games,in the first one the main character that you play with is a girl.I don't remember much of what happens,I just know that your village is invaded by some orcs/monsters and right at the beginning of the game you kill 2 of them in front of your house,and then you run away and do different quests.

In the second game,you play with a guy who has long hair and lives in some kind of castle.At the beginning of the game you wake up and then go train your skills with one of your friends.After that I don't remember anything except that you are infected with some kind of virus or that you're cursed,and you have a limited time to get somewhere before you turn into a monster.I never managed to get to where i needed to,I always turned into a monster and then the mission failed and reloaded from a previous checkpoint or something like that.
I would really appreciate if someone would tell me the names of these games.Have a nice day!
Likewise, I've been trying to puzzle out what this game (2nd in the list)was for years! I'm pretty sure it had Dark or Fear in the title.

Help Please!
Anyone have any ideas about this one?
I found the name of the second game.It's called Dark Earth
Yes!! Thank you so much! Man, this was really bugging me.

Gertilish

Aug 16, 2013
I don't know if anyone will remember this because I only remember little bits of it but it was a game I had on Windows 98 but it could have been older, all I remember from it was you could change the colour of the background or change it to a funky design and one of the sound effects was "bubble bubble *pop*" and I think there was a bit where you could zoom through landscapes like an old fairground, someone's house, the ocean, city at night etc. There might have been an eye in the corner that follows your mouse round but I cant remember if it was that game or not.

tonyh900

May 16, 2010
Ambr said:
cloroxbb said:
Ambr said:
I have been trying to think of this game for literally years and I'm hoping someone can help me!!

I used to play this game on Windows 95. It was a 2D strategy game where you're a little man in a room full of blocks and you have to pick up the blocks one at a time to build your way to the door. When you got to the door, you beat the level.

I don't remember much else about the game except that I recall it being a little Asian man that's building his way out. The blocks were the same height as him so he could only climb on one block at a time. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Sounds like Solomon's Key
I had a mini heart attack when I Googled "Solomns Key" because at first glace it looked like the game I have been searching for! lol Though it seems to be the same or similar concept, the one I used to play was more simple. There aren't any dragons or fire or anything trying to kill you. It's simply a strategy game where you have to put all the blocks in just the right spot and if you put one in a bad spot you could get stuck and have to start over! Hmmm :(
Is it sokobon?

Thomas Blakeley

Aug 10, 2013
Psycho11Edge said:
Well, here goes nothing. First time posting on something like this.

Anyways, my real issue here is I can't remember if the game I'm thinking of even exists, or if it's just something I imagined years ago. I don't remember really anything about it, but I'll detail what I do know.

I don't remember the story or plat that much, but there was a female character and she was sick as a child or something, and when her brother or some other young male around here age took her to the doctor, she was too sick to save, but was instead made into like a cyborg or something. Fast forward time wise, and the game has a few different guys you can choose to play as, and at some point, you start getting your ass handed to you, and the same girl from before comes in, goes crazy on the bad guys, beating them all up after having the robotic parts of her slightly show through some openings around her jaw line, but then she like... passes out and gets taken away... and that's all I remember. If anyone either 1. Knows what the heck I am talking about and would kindly tell me, it would be much appreciated, or 2. Knows I'm not talking about any real game and am simply losing my mind and would kindly tell me, it would be much appreciated.

Nearly 2-3 times a month, I randomly remember these small details, and pretty much spend those days going crazy and trying to remember something else. If someone could enlighten me to either the name of the game, or the fact that it doesn't exist and I imagined it all, that would be a big help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
That would be The Bouncer for PS2. Great Game!

zsill7

Aug 13, 2013
Looking for one game still, a game where you play as some guy who has no family that he knows about, he is called by the Govt. to participate in a program at Area 51. When he arrives they tell him he has a chance to start his life over by going back in time but he will not be able to return, this is via some kind of portal (crystal?) that was built with alien or otherwise lost technology. He gets transported back in time before humans existed/owned the planet (dinosaur age? i dont remember) only to find out that some military/paramilitary group has already arrived there. The game was a top/isometric view and it was a strategy or RPG game of some sorts. This was some time in the late 90's and I played a demo or a test copy I got from my dads work.

I wish I had more info, I remember this being in a demo pack (probably from a magazine) when I was a kid in the late 90's early 2000's

Thanks for any info

XavierObidiah

Aug 16, 2013
I have two games that have been annoying me for a while now that I'd love to know!

Firstly there's this 3rd person game. I believe it had 'monster' in the title but I may well be mistaken, it's very vague. You travelled through different areas and you could summon these monster things to help you fight every now and again. I remember that the graphic effect prior to summoning was some yellow dots or dust being thrown to the ground, and then the monster appeared. I THINK you could use vehicles. I remeber one level was set inside a grey dungeon thing but another was set on a wooden platform, perhaps in the treetops. It's many years since I played this game, sorry for being so vague.

Another one was a racing game, where you could pick a variety of riders each with different effects. One I remember was a beige monster of some kind that could use his tongue to eat other players.

Matyu

Aug 16, 2013
It's been bugging me for years. I played a old playstation 1 game it was awesome, but unfortunate I forgot the name and all I remember is that the boy or girl chacter you play as is half pink and half purple if I remember she shoots the color on the side is on (left purple and right pink) or vise versa I been trying to find it so I can play it again. Another thing I remember is there was a boss who was a cook and you had to shoot the people or the bubbles the right color to change the color to the opposite color of the boss to damage him I hope this info helps and hoping you guys can help me :)

Matyu

Aug 16, 2013
It's been bugging me for years. I played a old playstation 1 game it was awesome, but unfortunate I forgot the name and all I remember is that the boy or girl chacter you play as is half pink and half purple if I remember she shoots the color on the side is on (left purple and right pink) or vise versa I been trying to find it so I can play it again. Another thing I remember is there was a boss who was a cook and you had to shoot the people or the bubbles the right color to change the color to the opposite color of the boss to damage him I hope this info helps and hoping you guys can help me :)

kel.Cjules

Aug 16, 2013
AH I'm going crazy trying to find this game: its like--> temple quest, you go through doors to get to the next level while avoiding these little red hooded .... vampires?( I'm not sure what they are) and you have to sometimes build things to get to the door. it can be multi-player and I remember it being a computer disk game.

kel.Cjules

Aug 16, 2013
AH I'm going crazy trying to find this game: its like--> temple quest, you go through doors to get to the next level while avoiding these little red hooded .... vampires?( I'm not sure what they are) and you have to sometimes build things to get to the door. it can be multi-player and I remember it being a computer disk game.

leroyjenkins3000

Aug 16, 2013
Also going crazy trying to find this game, please help! lol

This was an old PC game from the 90's that my parents rented from a local public library. It was set in medieval times, and you were some sort of knight that was also a spy, trying to solve some mystery. I also remember you could pick different parts of castle to investigate from an above view. The most memorable part was where I could snoop around for clues, went into some persons room, opened a drawer or dresser or something, and clicked on a piece of bread. Suddenly, some princess walked in and started questioning me, and then blew my cover. I had a second chance or something, and being the stupid kid I was, did the exact same thing. Game over. I was pissed lol, but I'm fascinated by the game and can't remember the name of it.

Help if you can, thank you!!!

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
kel.Cjules said:
Lode Runner? ( http://www.stephen.com/other/b-intro.jpg )

Cad357

Aug 17, 2013
I've been trying to think of any game like this one, but I havent found anything. It was a 2d game where i think you had to activate some button and make the room turn. You could play with 2 people and have two bots I think. I can't remember much but I think it was on a demo disk with the first Tekken :/ Not much to go on but it's something

aflare4

Aug 17, 2013
Awesome thread. I've been thinking of 2 games for the PC, the ones where you find on popular game sites. Sorry if they're vague. It's been a few years.

1. A strategy escape game. This isn't a room escape game. There are little stick people involved, and there are 3 games. I think your goal of the game was to get your stick person to hit a button, to free someone from a cave prison. You click on objects/people on the screen (which is nonmoving, and consists of houses, planks, trees, caves, etc) to make things happen, like catapulting little rocks, or even mines to knock things down, for instance. I distinctly remember that in the first game, you knock down a long plank with rocks to form a bridge, and you also must click in-time to avoid getting run over by a car. In the second game, you are able to click arrows on the screen to move to different parts, and was more green than the first game.

2. More of a cutesy game for nostalgia's sake. It's a side-scrolling cartoon platform game, and the setting is medieval times. You play as a peasant boy I think, that continuously runs and must get past obstacles, like knights. Depending on your timing, and how you beat your obstacles, you get little silver coins or larger gold coins that fly out and you must collect. At the end of the level, you must have enough coins to pass. I think you are able to upgrade your armour or use your coins to buy power-ups.

Anyway, it'd be great to try to find these games. Thanks for reading in advance.

brooch184

Oct 29, 2011
Posted about this game over a year and a half ago. Time to try again since i haven't found it. Here goes.

It was an old pc game, i think DOS, that had a (red headed?) lady trying to solve some sort of mystery. It was a point and click style. I remember one part near the beginning that if you sat in a swing there was a hole in it and you got a game over for some reason.

Really can't think of anything else. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Another one i thought of was a pc game that had robots and you had to solve minigame puzzles in various areas to pass them. i remember having to do some sort of robot cooking in one level with oil. Not much else to go on sorry.