Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

zwi7ter

Aug 19, 2013
Hello brothers! Like everyone here, im trying to find the name of a game...
In this game you control a space-ship, and you have to land on planets to own them, to colonize...
The gaphic of the game is all linear, all is created with lines, the planets are simple circles, and the ship is a triangle and the background is black!
You can shot with your ship, and build somethings on the planets that shoots too. It was a game that comes with a old cd magazine, around 1992~1996...
Someone knows some game like this?
Thx yaa!

zordorlf

Aug 19, 2013
Played a demo of an rts game, it was on a demo cd with a bunch of other games.

The game was asian based fantasy, you could have wizards, ronins, ninjas, really awesome game, cant remember the name for the life of me.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
zordorlf said:

The game was asian based fantasy, you could have wizards, ronins, ninjas, really awesome game, cant remember the name for the life of me.
One of the Battle Realms games?

zordorlf

Aug 19, 2013
Doesn't seem to be the droids I'm looking for. Hmmmmmm I know the demo had 8 colors of people. God I can't remember any of it... hmmmmmm

Fenrir_Of_Ragnarok

Aug 18, 2013
cloroxbb said:
Fenrir_Of_Ragnarok said:
Fenrir_Of_Ragnarok said:
Im Looking For A Game= It's A Game Were You Control A Team Of Four Aliens And You Have To Run Around A Weird Map (Sorry Its Kinda Hard To Explain) And You Can Mutate Your Aliens Like At The Start You Kill A Spider And You Get A Spider Arm To Add To One Of Your Aliens. The Spider Arm Adds A Strength Bonus (If I Remember Correctly) And Then I Think You Head To A Different Planet And Explore It As Well I Don't Remember The Story Of Why Or Anything Like That But I Have Tried Searching The Web And Ended Up With Nothing. I Played It In About 2003 Or 2004
So If Someone Knows The Game Or A Link That Might Help Please Post It
Thanks

Fenrir Out

It Was A Pc Game BTW
I Have No Idea What Your Game Is But I Was Just Wondering Why You Decided To Capitalize Every Word In Your Post?

Dunno Its Just How I Type

zwi7ter

Aug 19, 2013
zwi7ter said:
Hello brothers! Like everyone here, im trying to find the name of a game...
In this game you control a space-ship, and you have to land on planets to own them, to colonize...
The gaphic of the game is all linear, all is created with lines, the planets are simple circles, and the ship is a triangle and the background is black!
You can shot with your ship, and build somethings on the planets that shoots too. It was a game that comes with a old cd magazine, around 1992~1996...
Someone knows some game like this?
Thx yaa!
Ill explain better... Lets see: The background of the game seems like this:
http://images.mob.org/file_exchange/java_game_images/games/6/5472/real/7.jpg

The graphics of the game is poor like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/d/da/Asteroids.png

In this game you control a spaceship like this last image, and there is some others spaceships. You and the others ships can land down in the planets to have them and maybe build some turrets to fire...

Hmmm, i remember that was a gravity effect!!! Yeah, all planets and corpses atract your spaceship!

Well... ...sorry about my bad english! ^^ I guess that is all i have...

Dennis Hyde

Aug 19, 2013
I remember playing a game for PSOne it was a lot like Galaga but it had better graphics and you weren't always in space. It also had the option for two players, and you could get power ups and lives. The ships were Red for p1 and Blue for p2. There was also bosses that you had to fight. Anyone know the game?

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Dennis Hyde said:
I remember playing a game for PSOne it was a lot like Galaga but it had better graphics and you weren't always in space. It also had the option for two players, and you could get power ups and lives. The ships were Red for p1 and Blue for p2. There was also bosses that you had to fight. Anyone know the game?
G Darius? ( http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/10/106662/1657515-g_darius__64_.jpg )

GG Crono

Dec 19, 2008
Here's one that's been bugging me for awhile. And by awhile I mean years.

It was a Sega Genesis game. A top-down action game, kind of like Smash TV, though I don't think it controlled like Smash TV. You could select a variety of different weapons by choosing one of nine squares in a 3x3 grid with (I think?) a different letter on each one. And, when you start the game, in the first level some Mission Control type chastises you for "going out without a bodyguard", or something like that. And after you beat the first level, you could choose one of two bodyguards to take with you.

Ring any bells for anyone?

Black Cell

Aug 19, 2013
Hi there everyone!

When I was younger, I used to go to this indoor playground together with my friend where I played a game that was a lot of fun. Now thanks to the curse of time and fading memories (XD) , I am unable to remember the name of the game and so I have stumbled upon this forum, in the hopes that one of you fine gentlemen can help me out.

Here is what I remember of the game :

- It's an arcade game (I played it on an arcade machine).

- You can play with up to 2 players on it.

- There are 2 player characters to choose from. One is a guy and the other one is a girl.

- It was a side-scrolling game

- Every level was "divided" into an upper part and lower part. Players could freely jump from the upper part of the stage to the lower part of it and vice versa.

- I believe it was a (possibly Japanese, it looked Japanese-ish) beat'em up.

- The final boss was some kind of evil doctor/scientist who fought you in a giant robot. It only had one form as far as I can remember.

- There were also minibosses. These were usely some kind of (pirate) captain that, just like the player, could switch between the upper and lower part of the level. There were 2 variations on this miniboss. One had a beard and the other didn't.

- One of the levels had you going through an underground mine or cave with boulders and possibly lava as a hazard.

- The player characters wore something that looked like armor.

- I'm pretty sure one of the earliest levels in the game took place in the jungle.

- Finally, one of the power-ups you could get was a mech-suit (kind of like in the first Mega Man X) that would allow you to punch the **** out of your enemies. However after taking a certain amount of damage, you would become unable to use it (don't know if it exploded or the player character just jumped out of it)

I know it's not much (or maybe a lot) but this is all my memories can tell me. I really hope someone out there can help me out. It would be greatly appreciated!

easteredge

Aug 19, 2013
Hey guys,

I've bin looking for this game for a year or two. I'll list what I remember from back in the days:

I believe it was mainly a single player game, if I reckon it was a base building game but you had freedom to enter dungeons with your units/heroes. You had one race that was some sort of lizard race, there were a couple of races each had their super unit, for one of the races this was a phoenix.

The levels/maps (sometimes) contained some sort of mine/cave where you could enter with your units. In this cave was some sort of underground map where you could battle decently strong npc's I remember a huge npc in there that was some sort of flying eyeball boss. There were traps laying around in the underground cave, these traps were detectable with certain units, otherwise could do some serious damage. You could find a treasure chests if you managed to get down the npc's. If you were done you could go back up to the normal map.

Considering the freedom of going in a cave with a bunch of units Im not sure if it was purely a base building game, so I would just sort it under the category strategy.

If anyone could come up with a name of this game, that would be sick. I think it was made between 2004-2009. Kind regards, Easter

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
zordorlf said:

http://www.gog.com/game/battle_realms_winter_of_the_wolf

?

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
easteredge said:
Hey guys,

I've bin looking for this game for a year or two. I'll list what I remember from back in the days:

I believe it was mainly a single player game, if I reckon it was a base building game but you had freedom to enter dungeons with your units/heroes. You had one race that was some sort of lizard race, there were a couple of races each had their super unit, for one of the races this was a phoenix.

The levels/maps (sometimes) contained some sort of mine/cave where you could enter with your units. In this cave was some sort of underground map where you could battle decently strong npc's I remember a huge npc in there that was some sort of flying eyeball boss. There were traps laying around in the underground cave, these traps were detectable with certain units, otherwise could do some serious damage. You could find a treasure chests if you managed to get down the npc's. If you were done you could go back up to the normal map.

Considering the freedom of going in a cave with a bunch of units Im not sure if it was purely a base building game, so I would just sort it under the category strategy.

If anyone could come up with a name of this game, that would be sick. I think it was made between 2004-2009. Kind regards, Easter
One of the Heroes Of Might And Magic, or, Kings Bounty games?

dragov4

Aug 19, 2013
Hi guys.
Im looking for the name of an old game.

Ok so the game genre is RTS/RPG.I dont think the game had a skirmish,only a campaign.You choose 3 campaigns that had their own unique races(fractions) and those races had their own champion,or hero.About the races there was this nighmarish fraction where there were women who had a lower part of their body as spiders, i remember them as the gatherers and biulders of that fraction.i remember that when you start that campaign you can choose a hero.The hero were this gnome girl(probably my favorite hero,saying this quote"Go to the impulse...I said impulse).The other fraction had elves with frogmen and fairies.And the 3rd fraction were these barbarians much like the norse who also had catpeople i remember this unit riding a horse when the horse dies the knight then gets up who was riding the horse and continues to fight.The game also had artifacts that probably only heros could pick(I could probably be wrong)

Okay so this wasnt just an ordinary rts/rpg it was really like warcraft 3,also the units that you had or trained from the biuldings you could transfer to the next mission,But you had a limited amount of points so you couldn`t transfer all of the remaining ones.Also those units gained experience and leveled up.I remember them getting a specific trainable skill at level 6 or 7 or maybe 10 cant remember the details.

I would really appreciate if you could tell me the name of the game.I think the game was released in 2000-2008
So far i browsed the internet and havent found a thing.

MCSteve

Aug 2, 2013
Hey guys. I'm once again posting to find a pc game I played back in 2003 or 2004, but I think the game itself is older than that, maybe late 90's or early 2000's. You start the first level in a tank on a grassy field, surrounded by a few other tanks that are slightly larger than your own tank. The other tanks also have napalm throwers and machine guns, where as your tank only has a machine gun. You can get out of your tank and run around the map with a small rifle or take one of the other tanks you spawn around that the computer controls. The point of the game is to basically kill all the bad guys and advance to the next level. I remember the bad guys had turrets around the map, especially around a lake area. You could also find and control a giant mech robot in this first level in the top right corner of the map. Also, there was a small pickup truck in the middle of the map that you can drive around but it had no use. This game is viewed from a birdseye view where the camera follows you around the map and it was a very colorful game. This is all I can remember about this game, please help me find it! Once again, I played it for windows 98.

Khalil Ibrahim

Aug 19, 2013
hi guys
Old game with 2 orges,green and blue.The game had many levels.anyone knows the name?
its is an old game maybe 2000 or so, 2 monsters or orges..completing many levels with skeleton dinosaur monster boss

thank you

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
easteredge said:
Hey guys,

Or maybe Warlords Battlecry 3? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1zyKFzqBiM )

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
dragov4 said:
Hi guys.
Im looking for the name of an old game.

Ok so the game genre is RTS/RPG.I dont think the game had a skirmish,only a campaign.You choose 3 campaigns that had their own unique races(fractions) and those races had their own champion,or hero.About the races there was this nighmarish fraction where there were women who had a lower part of their body as spiders, i remember them as the gatherers and biulders of that fraction.i remember that when you start that campaign you can choose a hero.The hero were this gnome girl(probably my favorite hero,saying this quote"Go to the impulse...I said impulse).The other fraction had elves with frogmen and fairies.And the 3rd fraction were these barbarians much like the norse who also had catpeople i remember this unit riding a horse when the horse dies the knight then gets up who was riding the horse and continues to fight.The game also had artifacts that probably only heros could pick(I could probably be wrong)

Okay so this wasnt just an ordinary rts/rpg it was really like warcraft 3,also the units that you had or trained from the biuldings you could transfer to the next mission,But you had a limited amount of points so you couldn`t transfer all of the remaining ones.Also those units gained experience and leveled up.I remember them getting a specific trainable skill at level 6 or 7 or maybe 10 cant remember the details.

I would really appreciate if you could tell me the name of the game.I think the game was released in 2000-2008
So far i browsed the internet and havent found a thing.
Spellforce?
Rising Kingdoms?
Armies Of Exigo?

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Khalil Ibrahim said:
hi guys
Old game with 2 orges,green and blue.The game had many levels.anyone knows the name?
its is an old game maybe 2000 or so, 2 monsters or orges..completing many levels with skeleton dinosaur monster boss

thank you
Joe & Mac? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnF-5NY_KYE&t=9m54s )