Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
bassinastorb said:
I'm looking for a few games which I can not remember the names of. Played them in late 90's, early 00's, but they could be older than that.

One I believe was a point-n-click/adventure game. I don't think you ever saw your character, but you clicked on certain places to change you location, and it was all simple backgrounds. It took place on an island, but it had a bunch of pirate structures. There was a giant rock-skull-thing, and and abandoned ship, maybe shipwrecked. There was a cannon somewhere, and I remember there being eerie wind/wave noises. Probably a parrot, too. This one struck me as being older. I never beat the game, so I don't have a lot of info on this one. Sorry.

Another was part of what I think was a series. It took place in some town, and the townsfolk wanted to throw a birthday party for someone. I think they might have been animals. YOu would go around and get different things that they needed for the party. One building you were making party bags, another was cookies. Each one had a different game you played to get the item. One game was with venn diagrams, another was a color-matching game. This one was definitely newer at the time.

The last I don't remember much of, but it was pretty unique. It was a claymation point-n-click. Your character had cylinder arms, legs, and head. It was pretty nonsensical. Pretty difficult as I remember.

3. The Neverhood?

adeelahmed10

Aug 20, 2013
i cant remember the name to a PS1 turn based robot war game? i remember there being an orange mech and you fought with other robot in a strategy turn based fight

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
adeelahmed10 said:
i cant remember the name to a PS1 turn based robot war game? i remember there being an orange mech and you fought with other robot in a strategy turn based fight
Front Mission 1-3?

gidi33

Aug 20, 2013
hello im looking for a game i played 8+ years ago (PC)
it was a strategy turn based robot game
you are the blue robots and u try to conquer the red ones(not command and conquer)
and also the minerals in the map and making them yours so u can build new robot factories.
and i think there was "space" in the game's name but not sure.

Dark Atom

Aug 20, 2013
Hello,
I'm looking for a old PS2 Action/Slasher, I can't remember the name at all but I know you had to collect through out the game demons that pieced together to a powerful demon (Which you had at the beginning of the game) and each piece you find can be used differently. You could throw out a targeting bolt to use on enemies for your demons and some of the enemies were semi-transparent which meant they could only be killed by the pieces. I think the release was 2002-5? I'm not sure.
I do remember some of your demons, one was a bomb you could kick at enemies and another was like these knight-ish kind of things that float. The Main character was a man who wielded a gun and a sword (I think I'm sure it's not Devil May Cry). If you can find it, I'd really thank you for it.
Thanks!

Victoria Doty

Aug 21, 2013
I have been thinkin of this game it was on super nintendo a young boy had blonde hair I think he had a head band and he was in a school that's really all I remember but it was a good game

Victoria Doty

Aug 21, 2013
I have been thinkin of this game it was on super nintendo a young boy had blonde hair I think he had a head band and he was in a school that's really all I remember but it was a good game can you please help me please help

DonToto

Aug 21, 2013
Hi,i remember playing a game around ´00, where u were like a skeleton kid with water guns and u had to kill people walking on the street, inside a shooping ,etc. There were like shops where u could buy better guns and so on. The game was on PC. If someone remember anything more i would be grateful.

Shasta Pruett

Aug 21, 2013
Ok, just like the rest of you, I'm looking for an old game. It was a PC game, for sure.I remember the title was three words: _____ and ______, but I've completely forgotten what the two missing words are. It wasn't Dungeons and Dragons, but had a similar name, I think. The start off of the game was to create a manor, so that you could create farmers and thus be able to feed the warriors you make to defend you little village. It's a very simple yet not simple game. Make the manor, make the farmers, then your warriors and such. You could also make little dragons and gargoyles I think, and some scorpion looking thing. The whole area around you was black on the corner map, but you could travel around to make it visible and claim farmland, and defeat the enemy. I think it was made between 95-99...any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shasta.

taskun56

Aug 14, 2013
I think I either got buried in posts or no one knew what the game was but I waited a few days to try again.

This was a Playstation 1 game. I think it was an RPG (pretty darn sure). It was difficult. Similar battle styles are Final Fantasy (where your team is pit against the enemy). I use that as a loose comparison because I didn't want confusion with Action RPG style games.

This was one of those RPGs where you COULD die and not get game over because some parts of the storyline you were supposed to die.

The storyline had something to do with a Queen and her army or her guards chasing you. At some point you go through a chapel and the priests help you out the back door. Of course as a kid I thought, "what would happen if I tried to go back?" Well, in most RPGs you simply can't. In this one I did, and the Queen was waiting in the church and questioning the old man as I walked back in the room. A fight initiated and she and her guards wiped us out.

I reloaded my save file and replayed through a while because I didn't save. At some point after I was supposed to find ... and there is where my positive memory cuts out. I thought it was like... a beanstalk? Or something.. But I was Eight, or Nine.

If anyone has any clues please help.

(It wasn't Final Fantasy IX. I know there are similarities between the Queen's guard and purposely losing fights [or fights you can't/aren't supposed to win] but it definitely wasn't IX. I'm not even sure IX was out yet...)

papermonkey01

Aug 21, 2013
I am trying to remember the name of an old dos game. The first part was shareware, and the second you had to buy. it started out with you driving around a desert surrounded by a ring of mountains, in a hummer, with no gps, compass, or map initially and your greatest enemies were giant spiders. I think the second part had to do with finding a red key.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Dark Atom said:
Hello,
I'm looking for a old PS2 Action/Slasher, I can't remember the name at all but I know you had to collect through out the game demons that pieced together to a powerful demon (Which you had at the beginning of the game) and each piece you find can be used differently. You could throw out a targeting bolt to use on enemies for your demons and some of the enemies were semi-transparent which meant they could only be killed by the pieces. I think the release was 2002-5? I'm not sure.
I do remember some of your demons, one was a bomb you could kick at enemies and another was like these knight-ish kind of things that float. The Main character was a man who wielded a gun and a sword (I think I'm sure it's not Devil May Cry). If you can find it, I'd really thank you for it.
Thanks!
Chaos Legion? ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z4L0N8xZUg&t=4m49s )

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Shasta Pruett said:
Ok, just like the rest of you, I'm looking for an old game. It was a PC game, for sure.I remember the title was three words: _____ and ______, but I've completely forgotten what the two missing words are. It wasn't Dungeons and Dragons, but had a similar name, I think. The start off of the game was to create a manor, so that you could create farmers and thus be able to feed the warriors you make to defend you little village. It's a very simple yet not simple game. Make the manor, make the farmers, then your warriors and such. You could also make little dragons and gargoyles I think, and some scorpion looking thing. The whole area around you was black on the corner map, but you could travel around to make it visible and claim farmland, and defeat the enemy. I think it was made between 95-99...any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shasta.
Age Of Mythology?
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms?
Warlords: Battle Cry 3?

Flarix

Aug 21, 2013
I need help with this one

It was a game I used to play a long time ago on the Sega Genesis it was a 2D side scrolling fighting game (Not Streets of Rage) Your character would either just punch or kick and you would walk through the level and when you beat that level it would open up to a map where you can take different paths and fight different guys. I fought a green guy and as I hit him more and more he go weird green bumps that would appear until he exploded. As you fought more guys your experience bar would go up and when it hit a certain point your guy would tear off his shirt and instead of just one punch he would punch quickly 3 times. Another level I remember is going underground and as your walking there is spike traps and rocks that fall that you can punch away if your fast enough. Thats all I remember of the game always made it to one boss and could never beat him its been like 15 years I want revenge now if anyone can help me remember the name of it.

Yokazebushi

Aug 18, 2013
Hi,

I'm looking for old PC game.

Game consisted of small platforms on which were standing warriors. You were playing as spiked iron ball. Goal was to jump from platform to platform and crushing everyone. Whole game was 2D. If I remember correctly it was controlled by mouse. It was pretty brutal but fun.

Thanks for any hint for this one.

Abraham Chua

Aug 21, 2013
Hi I'm looking for a game I played on PS1. I don't really know which year it originated but these are the details.

At the start, there will be a male character and he will start on a platform and there's a train beside him. This game is like an adventure fighting game. I remember that the character have to defeat enemies that are BLUE in colour and some of them have like some weapon to shoot you down. For the male character, weapons like a sledgehammer, a stick and an electrical fist can be obtained. Then at the end of the stage, the character must fight this big boss with a hammer in his hand and the area appears to be surrounded with lava.

Thanks to anyone who can name me this game.

antani87

Aug 21, 2013
Hi! I'm looking a lot for this one but can't really remember the name.
It's a 2d freeware fighting game for windows, with different classes who moves within a limited squared area (so you can move on x y axis but always looking from front). I remember only that the best character to use was an alien which was really fast and overpowered. (or maybe you could become one ingame with a bonus...).

Hope someone has played it.
Thanks!

ub3rchief

Jan 31, 2013
Laris said:
Hi, I am looking a name of one old game for playstation 1.I can just try here if you don't know ok than...So, all I know about this game is: The picture of game (on CD) is something like Counter Terrorrist in Counter Strike and I remember I think it is first mision of the game, me and my people are entering through roof in house.It is game with shooting and so...I don't know anything other but I look for this game for years and never find it by the way I give someone my CD and never find it...
you could be talking about the very first rainbow six game, the cover of the disk has a guy who is dressed like someone from counter-strike, and the first level gives you the option of entering through the roof of a house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Rainbow_Six_(video_game)

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
ub3rchief said:
Laris said:
Hi, I am looking a name of one old game for playstation 1.I can just try here if you don't know ok than...So, all I know about this game is: The picture of game (on CD) is something like Counter Terrorrist in Counter Strike and I remember I think it is first mision of the game, me and my people are entering through roof in house.It is game with shooting and so...I don't know anything other but I look for this game for years and never find it by the way I give someone my CD and never find it...
you could be talking about the very first rainbow six game, the cover of the disk has a guy who is dressed like someone from counter-strike, and the first level gives you the option of entering through the roof of a house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Rainbow_Six_(video_game)
Answered that literally 1 post after his. And he confirmed it. (Can be worth checking what has been answered before, there are alot of others that go unsanswered)