Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Denoschk said:
OneMoreNameless said:
Denoschk said:
.It was a war game
.Its gameplay when you start a war look kinda like a chess at the beginning
.there were mythological creatures, soldiers
.Sometimes you could cast a spell to your opponent
.Its graphics kinda looked like between age of empires 1 and 2
Archon Ultra

It wasn't Archon Ultra or any of the Heroes of Might And Magic. It was also like a strategy game.
If it resembled Age of Empires, it might have been Age of Mythology.

Jayl13

Aug 25, 2013
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I used to play a pc game when I was a kid, I believe it was mid to late 90's. I can't remember a lot about it. I think it was point and click. I can remember on one level your character wants to get to a movie star at one point and needs to find a way to her dressing room. You can speak to the bell boy to try and find out although you can get cornered by her bodyguards and locked in a room full of movie props. You make a rope from sheets to escape I think. Sorry it's not much to go on but hopefully someone will know. Thanks!

Dannymon

Aug 25, 2013
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me remember the game on ps1. I can hardly remember a thing from it, it was something like Diablo or Blood Omen. So it gotta be some 2D top-down RPG game, where you play a single character at a time. I think it was Japanese (i mean language), but i'm not quite sure. That's it for now, looking forward to your help.

British93

Aug 25, 2013
I have this game in my head for a while now but I can't quite figure it out. It's a 1994-5 era 2-d platform game on pc. The main character was a futuristic looking guy with a gun in his hands. The whole surrounding was(as far as I can remember) a factory kinda, kinda like in prince of persia but with metal everywhere and robots that would kill you. I also remember some black balls but I don't know what they were for. So it's kinda hard to tell how it looked like exactly but I hope someone still figures this out. Because I can't.

Thank you in advance.

maxumummax

Jul 3, 2013
A game where ur on a island city and the city is over run with zombies and oyu have to build turrets to defend and put survivors in the turrets you have to clear the city then blow up the bridge and if the zombies get to ur HQ it has a ending story about you charge in with you knife blah blah blah (not rebuild or dead island)

Captain_Inkwell

Aug 25, 2013
I went to a small Christian school, and there was a 90's 2D platform game... I don't remember much of it. I saw the other kids playing it, but I never did. You played as a guy going around different landscapes in search of objects and such... Particular parts I remember we're climbing a vine, and being in a wooden house... There was a candle involved or something. I remembered that if you did something wrong in the game and lost, a Bible verse would pop up with creepy yet sad music.

Sorry for the vague description, but I've been wondering about this for years.

KevinJBV

Aug 26, 2013
Ok here is my first one:

The game has a resident evil 1/2/3 survival horror atmosphere.
The first level is in a train, i remember a snowy cutscene as an intro
The protagonist is a soldier or special agent of some sorts with a green suit and a kevlar
The game was 3D with fixed camera angles.
The first enemies where some guys with gas masks.
Also that Resident evil feel of "examine" something where everything froozes.

Basically... it was really like resident evil but with people and guns...like, Dino crisis kind of game.

YepImHere

Aug 26, 2013
Okay so this has been driving me crazy. There was this game I played on the PS1 and the details I have on it are pretty scarce but god I wan't to remember it. The few things I remember are.
There was a boy and a girl(Vague, I know)
I think it was an rpg
There was this level where you were in this minecart with both characters and you controlled the minecart
At one point their is a cutscene where the girl performs a song in like this bar on the stage
There was this level where you were running down the tower spiral and there was something chasing you it was like a ball or maybe a bull
I think the boy had a crush on the girl
Man I realy want to find this game so if someone could help that would be great!
Thanks!

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
There's this game that I haven't played but I remember watching someone Livestream it. I just remember that it started off with about three characters fighting... someone or something, they were all in a sort of medieval style setting and they had really elaborate and rather intimidating armor. I think they might have run into two other characters before their scene ended, I think they were attacked by the villain and... something happened... and the game then went to some time in the future where you follow a male character in a town (And, gasp, it gets attacked) but it gets attacked and the person heading the attack is one of those three characters I talked about, specifically the only female one. Eventually you beat the curse out of her because she, and the other characters I believe, had been brainwashed by the bad guy.

I'm not sure but I think the game might not have been officially translated into english (In that, the person playing it was either playing a Japanese game with Japanese text but I think it was actually that it was unofficially translated.. or something. My memories are a bit vague but I remember that I was upset that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of it.) It had a rather... I think the proper way to describe it is, gothic, style to it. Ugh, I wish I knew what it was called.

Dustin Shupak

Aug 24, 2013
this is an old game, i think from 98. went along the lines called rage but with 2 syllables and had a green logo first level you were a turret, and shot down several jets and saucers while trying to defend your base, had a red area around it and no trees that i remember

KefklouD

Aug 25, 2013
Sorry to post this agin but I really need help
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright guys, I've been searching for this game since 2008 I believe...

-Category: Fighting Game (About robots)
-Platform: Arcade and PC (Maybe by the means of an emulator but it doesn't seem likely)

It's a game about robot 1-on-1 fights, I remember that it was in polygonal 3D graphics and one of the stages was a very reduced space in the middle of the ocean but I don't remeber if you could fall off the platform.

I played it a lot back in the 90s in my uncle's PC and I remeber that after about6 years of having seen nothing about it I went to an arcade and there it was! The exact same game! I remember the name written in the machine was Robo-something but I really need help to remember.

Some additional details: -The robots you could choose from were very varied, some were big, others were standard humanoid models and others could float (I think the one that didn't have legs and floated instead was a pink and white robot).

-After some fighting, the robots got damaged and consecuently lost their heads(I don't remember if they could lose any other part of their body).

-The character selection screen showed you blueprints of the robots in some kind of digitalized format in green with green letters lying around and a black (or maybe reddish) background.

-You could move freely, this was not a game like Street Fighter or Cyberbots, it was more like a Dreamcat game called "Heavy Metal Geomatrix" where you saw the character in a third person perspective.

-The robots were similar to Gundams but I'm at least an 80% sure it wasn't a Gundam game

-You didn't build the robots as in Custom Robo for the GC, you just chose them for the fight.

That's what I can remember guys. I REALLY need you to be able to find this so if anyone knows a game that fits my description please answer.

YepImHere

Aug 26, 2013
Okay so this has been driving me crazy. There was this game I played on the PS1 and the details I have on it are pretty scarce but god I wan't to remember it. The few things I remember are.
There was a boy and a girl(Vague, I know)
I think it was an rpg
There was this level where you were in this minecart with both characters and you controlled the minecart
At one point their is a cutscene where the girl performs a song in like this bar on the stage
There was this level where you were running down the tower spiral and there was something chasing you it was like a ball or maybe a bull
I think the boy had a crush on the girl
Man I realy want to find this game so if someone could help that would be great!
Thanks!

KamenZero

Aug 8, 2013
OneMoreNameless said:
* PC ... I think (the family friend I recall it from also used a SNES emulator). Kids game with cartoony graphics, set undersea. Gameplay was a mix of point/click adventure - there was dialog with various critters - and simple minigames. I'm remembering a sunken ship and a mean shark. You might have played as a dolphin but I'm not 100% sure.
Freddy Fish?

Gibdon

Aug 26, 2013
like everyone else in this thread i need help. im looking for a game from around windows 95 or 98. it had a demo. you manned a space craft on the ground and had to find upgrades and i believe you had to mine ores to upgrade weapons

Jayl13

Aug 25, 2013
Dustin Shupak said:
this is an old game, i think from 98. went along the lines called rage but with 2 syllables and had a green logo first level you were a turret, and shot down several jets and saucers while trying to defend your base, had a red area around it and no trees that i remember
It's called 'Incoming' I think!

emptw1

Aug 26, 2013
I remember playing a game years ago, early 2000s late 90s and I think it was on the N64. I distinctly remember a mission where you (playing as I guy) had to go from this old saloon or other western themed wooden building, and go up to a cave, pick up some explosives/dynamite/TNT and then use it to destroy some rocks that were blocking the way. While the building looked western, I don't think the game was, but it did have some old looking vehicle for the player to drive (by the saloon on that mission).
The enemies in the game were green spiders, I believe with purple legs, they came in different sizes, when you killed a large spider, it would break down into in to a couple of medium sized spiders, which would then each die in to some small sized spiders. On the mission I talked about, I remember 2 or 3 of the large spiders starting down the road and moving towards you.
If it helps, I remember the way the guy got into the car, he would jump onto the car and fall through the roof, which turned transparent when he was sitting in it and driving it.

easteredge

Aug 19, 2013
It has been a small week since my last reply, I'm bumping this one more time.

-The game was probably between 2005-2009, the graphics were pretty decent.
-There was one race that contained some sort of mix between lizards and dragons race.
-The campaign did not contain that much base building as I believe. It was more of exploring and stuff, for example you could get down into the underground mines i've mentioned earlier and fight the npc's but that could seriously harm your (small) army. If you've gotten back up in the mines you could continue your objectives.
-The traps in the mines must ring a bell to someone? (I beg you). You pretty much always had to make sure you had a unit with you that was able to detect the traps so you could disarm them. Otherwise they could lead to serious injury.
-I believe in the campaign you had one sort of hero unit. Thus if you played skirmish matches every faction had its own gigantic monster for example the phoenix.
-If im right there was a population cap during the campaign, or it was not possible to get resources by hand, if you wanted more units you had to find ways to get some sort of resource, for example the treasure's in the mines. It could also be that you only had one headquarters that was able to produce almost all units.
-I remember units were able to get experience so often you had to be carefull not to let your higher level units get killed.

P.S. It's not one of the dungeons and dragons or kings bounty games

Hopefully things are a bit more clear and I look forward to your reply's.

Regards, Easter

Xzavion

Jun 22, 2013
gidi33 said:
hello im looking for a game i played 8+ years ago (PC)
it was a strategy turn based robot game
you are the blue robots and u try to conquer the red ones(not command and conquer)
and also the minerals in the map and making them yours so u can build new robot factories.
and i think there was "space" in the game's name but not sure.
This sounds like "Z", or the successor Z Steel Soldiers.

Now I can't remember the name of a racing game on PC. I think to remember to have started it in DOS. The game was with weapons, MG and rockets. Ammunition for those were to be found on the track as red collectibles with the weapon type symbol on it. If you were damaged you could go and repair but that was usually a detour. The tracks often had shortcuts, but the entrances to those opened and closed from time to time.
All of the vehicles were hovering as fas as I can remember. I can remember 2 of the vehicles which also appeared in the intro video a bit better. One looked a bit like the delorean from back to the future, just with hovering jets. The other was more like a tank, but the main body was a circle with a hole (a donut) with a cockpit in front and thrusters at the back. The intro movie was about the tank one chasing and shooting the delorean one. Just remembered a third one, that was mainly like a hovering truck.
Vehicles also had different stats like more armor/hp, speed, weapon damage...

If anyone can remember, help would be appreciated :).