Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Paul Bastin

Apr 27, 2013
Taliseth said:
I've been searching for this game for a while now. It doesn't help that I was fairly young at the time. All I remember is that to start the game I had to select robo on my cousins computer in Italy... the game is a 2D scrolling world (you can go back and forth within one level so not forced to continue on) about (i think) a robot. that when you pressed space-bar would stretch and grab on to something or just keep stretching. You could jump into a funny looking car that could move on its own at the end of level 1 which was a world that went up and down alot (like Hills I assume) but quite simple level. Other levels had items you could pick up that would heal or make you immune for a while and I believe one would kill you on the spot. the game had a scrolling world level selector. there are more than 40 levels at least.

I remember playing this and Commander Keen IV (recently found the game) and a tetris game that I think was called block out. probably 1993-1996, the computer wasn't quite running windows 3.1 yet I think
The stretchy move is exactly what James Pond does.

The "Robo" you're talking about launching could be short for Robocod, which was the name of the sequel (early 90's).

It was a 2D sidescroller, but I only played it on Gameboy and the level design you describe doesn't sound right. But it did have the car you described, so I'm fairly sure that's what you're looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzmg05UKvJQ

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Magnus996 said:
ok, i played this game when i was a kid, it's like godzilla, you shoot fire out of your mouth and destroy the army that are attacking you. I remember the crosshair being an atom symbol, and on the loading screen there was an eyeball. also i remember the executable file being monster.exe. Can anyone remember what the game was called? :D

I Was An Atomic Mutant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLqSm8hb1A

is not Godzilla is Reptomicus, and there are various monsters to choose.

Elberik

Apr 26, 2011
The only memory I have is watching my dad play it on his computer in the late 90s. It was a side-scrolling game in which you controlled a yellow submarine (NOT The Yellow Submarine). Sometime a dolphin swam by with an oxygen tank strapped to it's back to refill your meter.

XtrimePT

Jul 8, 2014
XtrimePT said:
Hello to everyone

Well i guess this is going to be tough...

First of all i thank you for reviving me so much memories (Drakkar, Hogs of War, Pandemonium, Intelligent Cube...)

Now i remember some games in my head but just can't remember their names!

I guess i played some of them on Windows 98 and later XP.

GAME 1:

Space combat game, camera view from above. It's your army against another but you only control one ship, the rest is all AI. Mix of many dark colors, i remember purple... You could move to anywhere in the x and y axis. I remember the maps were way too big for the armies so you had much to fly around and ocasionaly you could find some enemies and asteroids...

GAME 2:

third-person shooter, side-scrolling game. Colored black and white, no color at all. I guess the landscape was like a set of caves and you could move up and down thought the layers... You culd pick up some weapons on the floor or crates and it had some kind of aliens or monsters to kill... Very grotesc, dark game...

GAME 3:

Action game, viewed from above. I guess you had to infiltrate a military base and fullfill the iobjetives like destroy something... you could hijack enemy tanks and planes. Very constrastic colors... this one is difficult...

GAME 4:

Civilization management game, i don't think it's any Civ or Populous. The workers i guess were dressed with pre-historic clothes (wich means a piece of leather and done...). They would gather wheat and wood and it was fast-paced. I guess you had a limited number of workers, around 15 and such... Very cartoony graphics.

I hope someone can imagine these games. Just to note, i now found some games i know i played along with these, such as eGames developed titles... I had their game packs (Speedy Eggbert, Spooky Castle...) but searching about these packs i realize the games i'm looking for arent from them... but i guess the games i'm looking for are from that time...

Well that's all i can say hope you guys could help me.

Best regards
Does anyone found anything for these questions? I can try to draw something if you get too confused with it.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Elberik said:
The only memory I have is watching my dad play it on his computer in the late 90s. It was a side-scrolling game in which you controlled a yellow submarine (NOT The Yellow Submarine). Sometime a dolphin swam by with an oxygen tank strapped to it's back to refill your meter.

Operation Neptune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8wf4oa8nQk

Sierra Jayy

Sep 9, 2014
What's the game that you downloaded from the internet and you fought snails and went to your destinations by flying boats.

Sierra Jayy

Sep 9, 2014
What's the game that you downloaded from the internet and you fought snails and went to your destinations by flying boats.

ReneeMichele

Sep 9, 2014
Looking for a game I used to play online in the late 90's early 2000's. It was a game that had 12 blocks with words and phrases. You had to match them in groups of 3, ie, these 3 are types of trees, or 3 computer companies or 3 actors named John. The bonus round was a couple of phrase mixed up in the blocks and you had to click them in order. It was a standard online game where you had to wait in a lobby and had intermissions. Any help would be appreciated!!

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Colress said:
HELP, PLEASE! I cannot for the life of me remember or find the name of a certain DOS game I played as a kid, I only remember that it was a puzzle-based game taking place in some creepy location, featured a cloaked villain, and the levels repeated themselves and that one point toward the end was always some weird thing blocking a door that you needed to go through; the one that stands out in memory is a giant stuffy nose. Anyone remember this?
You give a very few clues, but maybe it is (not sure)

Escape From Monster Manor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR_-E-UCsf0

the nose that you say are actually pieces of a Talisman that must be collected.

Arenegeth

Aug 22, 2014
Here?s two games I hope people can help me with.

One: First person view, point and click adventure game from the 90?s (PC of course) with FMV photorealistic graphics. Think of Gabriel Knight 2 not Myst.

All I remember about it is that you are at some kind of courtyard at the beginning with a big gate and a white horse. It might have being from Sierra but I?m not sure.

Two: Arcade game from probably the early 90?s looked closer to 16-bit than 8-bit.

What I remember is that the main character is either an alien or fights aliens, and either has an eyeball for a head or his special attack is a huge eyeball. He was also riding a hoverboard, either at some point at the start or at all times. The game might have been from Taito, but I?m not 100% certain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brandon Turbyfill

Sep 9, 2014
trying to find the name of a rpg from ps1 . where the first levelish is on a pirate ship and this sword is talking to you and when you find it it holds the element of fire. then as you go through the series you find other magical swords with the different elements for different characters in your party. thats all i remember of the game but any help finding it would be awesome :)

Arenegeth

Aug 22, 2014
Brandon Turbyfill said:
trying to find the name of a rpg from ps1 . where the first levelish is on a pirate ship and this sword is talking to you and when you find it it holds the element of fire. then as you go through the series you find other magical swords with the different elements for different characters in your party. thats all i remember of the game but any help finding it would be awesome :)
I think you're talking about Tales of Destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHkUdq-jZAU

Magnus996

Sep 8, 2014
diablo rules said:
Magnus996 said:
ok, i played this game when i was a kid, it's like godzilla, you shoot fire out of your mouth and destroy the army that are attacking you. I remember the crosshair being an atom symbol, and on the loading screen there was an eyeball. also i remember the executable file being monster.exe. Can anyone remember what the game was called? :D

I Was An Atomic Mutant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLqSm8hb1A

is not Godzilla is Reptomicus, and there are various monsters to choose.
Thanks dude, you are awesome :D

ggrzadka

Sep 9, 2014
I played a long time ago on the Amiga A500 in the game Formula 1 but I do not remember the exact name and I would like her to know. Can anyone help?

aymendj

Sep 9, 2014
Alright, there's this game I remember playing On PS1.

You play as a young man waking up in some kind of laboratory/facility (I think he had blonde hair, but not sure) , eventually armed guards would try to stop you and you would use some kind of powers to kill them, the power I remember the most is setting them on fire by using a mental power, and there are these pills you had to consume....later on, I remember some big robots in a hangar I think.

Also, there was this girl in the story, I think it was the protagonist's sister and he was trying to find her.

PjontaZ

Sep 3, 2014
Hey
So, i played it around 2005, game was like 3mb in size, you just had to progress as far as possible to get a highest score. Here is the hand-drawn picture of it https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10421626_524336007713010_4435313648061337226_n.jpg?oh=f044293f71286b0b0e2b7df08c92d3cd&oe=54A79FE2

Just shoot some rope to the platform and it throws you in air, the lower you are, the higher you will be thrown, both you and rope are bouncing off the walls. It's game over if you fall. With time there will be less cubes in platform, till 1 is left. Background was sky-blue with patches of clouds

P.S. I played on Mac
It's Wire hang redux

I helped. Anyone could help me? :

Hello, guys!
Can anybody help me?

I used to play a 2D game or mini game (freeware/ shareware), where you was little-colored in blue, or red STICKMAN (not any xiao-xiao or SOLDAT- but similar or little fighter) fighting with computer or other player (deathmatch mode and maybe even capture the flag). I belive that there were destrucive (like in liero or worms) map where you was running (I think that those stickmans were dropping behind them pixels colored like them), jumping and fighting player with for eg. sythe (if it drops on map and you get it. I don't remember if in game were included other weapons like guns. If it helps i used to play this like about eight years ago or something like that.

it looked like this: http://zapodaj.net/8725116889479.png.html

I spent about 20 hours to find it on the internet, but nothing found, even clue.
Please, help. It was really fun game!
Sorry for eventual language errors.

zombiees4life

Sep 9, 2014
Ok I dont know if this has ever been answered but its been racking my brain for years now and I cant seem to find it. Its a PS1 game which 1-2 players start out on a character selection screen but I can only remember 1 character, he was some sort of cowboy that half of him was a skeleton. once in the game you had to navigate through narrow corridors which you had to bust down secret spots in the walls to find enemies (zombies or just humans idk for sure) then once you found the one path to the boss you killed him and it sent you to the next level. You also had special abilities that helped your character defeat the enemies. does anybody know what game this is?

Colress

Sep 8, 2014
diablo rules said:
You give a very few clues, but maybe it is (not sure)

Escape From Monster Manor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR_-E-UCsf0

the nose that you say are actually pieces of a Talisman that must be collected.
No, that's not it at all. It's a 2D DOS computer game. The nose was literally a giant, detached human nose blocking a doorway, with a pop-up message saying something like "a stuffy nose is blocking the way". This same room always has to be bypassed each time you play, and it's not always a nose that's blocking the door, sometimes it's some other random thing.