Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Dragonheart57

Jun 13, 2011
My dad's been trying to remember this game he used to play, and it's killing him. It was an RPG with 3 brothers and it had a skill tree, came out late 80's to early 90's, and it was a PC game. Any help is appreciated.

Pnb263

May 8, 2016
Pnb263 said:
Not sure if anyone will remember this one or not...
It is a PC game, and used only the arrow keys for movement
It had 100 levels, and then repeated those same levels once you completed them. Tou were a little blue (i think) "car" that you moved around a large playing field. You had a little grey line sticking out from your front if you had a "gun" ready to use. It is a puzzle -type game that had a radioactive tube looking icon.

Any help? Been racking my brain for a while now. Im pretty sure this came out either late 80s or mid 90s
Some other information i remember about this - it is a timed game, there were obstacles, it was 2D, and the "car" looked as a top down geralized outline. The playing field was made up of different blocks, with different properties, but all the same size

RoyalFlush1987

May 13, 2016
I'm looking for a game that had to do with aliens there were a couple of aliens if I'm correct there was a yellow alien (a young kid) there was a purple alien (mother) a green alien ( weird uncle) or something like that...it was an alien family who came to earth to clean up trash...the game was a cartoonish adventure game (pegi +6) it came in a 3cd or 4 cd box it was compatible with Windows 95/98 (xp?) Had a lot of fun with it when I was 20 years younger..

Apex123

May 6, 2016
diablo rules said:
Apex123 said:
Apex123 said:
Heres the plot:(from what I remember)
So you and your sister(you're both young) are walking and your sister gets abducted by aliens. You have to go through many different levels to try and find her. At the end of each level, you go through a portal which begins the next level. On this one particular level, you jump on the shells or turtles in water or something like that. This was a pc game that you could download I believe.

Anyone have any idea of what this game is called?
Anyone have any idea?
Bud Redhead - The Time Chase (2003)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSJhvsJsmEM
diablo rules said:
Apex123 said:
Apex123 said:
So you and your sister(you're both young) are walking and your sister gets abducted by aliens. You have to go through many different levels to try and find her. At the end of each level, you go through a portal which begins the next level. On this one particular level, you jump on the shells or turtles in water or something like that. This was a pc game that you could download I believe.

Anyone have any idea?

Oh my goodness. THANK YOU!!!

Jason Orme

Feb 5, 2014
Here is one, not sure anyone will get it as I've searched for years.

A PC CD-ROM game, from mid to late 90's. Cover art mostly likely has some fantasy art on, a dragon, goblin, demon or something.

It's a first person game, I believe the art style is like Doom in the sense of it's a 3D environment, but the sprites are 2D models.
I have the feeling you start in a cave, and you can see the characters face (like Doom) on the screen somewhere.
The character you play as is either some warrior or wizard.. think he's bearded. but I think the key feature of the game was that you could turn into other creatures.. I have a vague memory of turning into a small creature like a spider.
Later on in the game you reach some sort of stone city where humanoid dragons possibly gargoyles inhabit but are friendly towards you.
I never got far on the game.. and don't even remember killing anything, I'm just a total loss to what the game was.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Jason Orme said:
Here is one, not sure anyone will get it as I've searched for years.

A PC CD-ROM game, from mid to late 90's. Cover art mostly likely has some fantasy art on, a dragon, goblin, demon or something.

It's a first person game, I believe the art style is like Doom in the sense of it's a 3D environment, but the sprites are 2D models.
I have the feeling you start in a cave, and you can see the characters face (like Doom) on the screen somewhere.
The character you play as is either some warrior or wizard.. think he's bearded. but I think the key feature of the game was that you could turn into other creatures.. I have a vague memory of turning into a small creature like a spider.
Later on in the game you reach some sort of stone city where humanoid dragons possibly gargoyles inhabit but are friendly towards you.
I never got far on the game.. and don't even remember killing anything, I'm just a total loss to what the game was.
should be

Lands Of Lore - Guardians Of Destiny (1997) (aka Lands Of Lore II)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lssPorZzQ0

but if wasn't, check out then

Lands Of Lore III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAvcaRFLdqc

funkypenguin

May 7, 2016
funkypenguin said:
I am posting to this 5 year old thread as a last attempt. Sadly I cannot remember this game that I played so much of.

As I recall (It was over a decade ago) it is a almost D&D like MMO. You start off in a dark forest or something and through the forest is a castle where there are skeletons and treasure and such. It's very dimly lit and it was a sword and shield game. Or whatever other classes there were as well that I didn't pick.

I've spent a lot of money and time buying old games and systems for a giant nostalgia trip, but this would just top it off perfectly.
If someone knows what I am talking about from the minimal info given, please help.
Anyone have any idea? I know it is not much to go off of. It was 3D, can't remember if first person or third person view.

Sasha Rutski

May 13, 2016
diablo rules said:
Apex123 said:
Apex123 said:

Anyone have any idea?

its not it :( i am locking for a puzzle game

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Dragonheart57 said:
My dad's been trying to remember this game he used to play, and it's killing him. It was an RPG with 3 brothers and it had a skill tree, came out late 80's to early 90's, and it was a PC game. Any help is appreciated.
Perhaps "The Faery Tale Adventure" (1987)? Don't know about skill trees, as I unfortunately never played it, but it does have three brothers as playable characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiI3NdW3SUg

Arby3kk

May 15, 2016
This one has been on my mind for some time now. This is what i remember of it.
Flying, most likly helicopters, but maybe futuristic battle planes?
4 missions. 3 of which were free to play, 4th one you had to pay for by mail order to get it.
4 playable characters. (Heavy, assault, stealth, fast, something like those)
You're shot out from a mountain base into your missions.
Lasers, Missles, machine guns standard fare weaponry... Cant think of anything really setting it apart from the rest.
1st mission was in an industrial looking area. You could shoot silos and blow them up.
3rd mission was at night in a city.

Game is probably from the 90s. Maybe early 2000s.

The game isn't Extreme assuault.

Thanks.... My head hurts from trying to remember.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
Hi, it has been a while but I think this is the place that can help.
It might be an obvious one but I am not really familiar with Nintendo properties that's names don't end in "ok?mon"

The game was one I used to play when visiting a childhood friend nearly 16 years ago, I recall it being a RPG type game on the NES or SNES
I think time was a feature of it and there was some very Zelda'y elements, including a male lead with some sort of royal female lady as the primary companion.

I don't remember much about the story but one part that was particularly affecting and got me thinking about it recently saw your main character and the princess lady survive some sort of cataclysm and get launched into the sea to survive on a raft while waiting for rescue or to reach land.
To survive you had to try and catch fish and talk to the companion regularly as the days dragged on.

I don't remember much else but that part was burned into my memories and I want to play it again to see it all in context.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tl;Dr: SNES RPG where you end up catching fish on a raft to survive.

lacedcase

May 15, 2016
Hey everyone. I played a few games in elementary school and I can't remember their names. They would've been Dos/95/98 games.

1) A game where you were in a jungle / rainforest searching for brightly colored easter eggs that were hidden everywhere. There were animals to click on. It was mostly point-and-click if i remember correctly.

2) A game / toy thing where it was a series of animations that you could click through. Lots of bouncing shapes or abstract art made of shapes that flashed or bounced around the screen. Most or all of it was made with simple shapes. It was a strange thing but hopefully someone else has seen it.

Thanks!

Maciek Muras

May 15, 2016
Hi. I'm looking for a game that I played inabout 2005 (and thats not for certain, but I guess that was +- 2 years from that year). I played it on a win 98 (yeah, I know, win98 in 2005:) ). It wasn't some spectacular game, becouse I saw it some day in a mall, where all those games was in some basket with SALE label on 'em. So it ought to be dated on that year, nontheless it could be a bit older. I spend a lot of time playin' that as a kid and I'd love to try it again.

Things that I remember:

1. It was a simple 2d game (vision follows your move)

2. As I remeber there were two main characters - Wizard or sth., he was blue. I guess his basic weapon was some kind of a floating fireball, but it wasn't made of fire, more sth. blue, maybe ice (I can't remember). 2nd character was a non-magic soldier, I doubt he was a viking, because every time I say that I get Lost Vikings and that's not it. However his basic weapon was axe. And he was bigger than wizard, maybe muscular.

3. Somewhere on maps were available 'shops', where I could get some additional weapon (don't know how many). One of them was a ball, that thrown flied for a moment and exploded in some distance in front of character. That I remember and it had best visual effect.

4. For certain there are 2 maps that I can characterize: a cave, cold I guess and snowy maybe, that we're exploring on the bottom of the screen while going right and then we hop up and we go left. We can go back any time. Second map was a castle and I remember that I couldn't go upstairs, they were not like this |-|, more like this _| and pressing up arrow didn't help, I had to press up and right for example arrow to get on 'em. There were many of maps, but those I remember most. Aw, there was also (I guess basic) map with green background, maybe some trees or sth.

Thanks for your effort.

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
LGC Pominator said:
Hi, it has been a while but I think this is the place that can help.
It might be an obvious one but I am not really familiar with Nintendo properties that's names don't end in "ok?mon"

The game was one I used to play when visiting a childhood friend nearly 16 years ago, I recall it being a RPG type game on the NES or SNES
I think time was a feature of it and there was some very Zelda'y elements, including a male lead with some sort of royal female lady as the primary companion.

I don't remember much about the story but one part that was particularly affecting and got me thinking about it recently saw your main character and the princess lady survive some sort of cataclysm and get launched into the sea to survive on a raft while waiting for rescue or to reach land.
To survive you had to try and catch fish and talk to the companion regularly as the days dragged on.

I don't remember much else but that part was burned into my memories and I want to play it again to see it all in context.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tl;Dr: SNES RPG where you end up catching fish on a raft to survive.
I think that would be Illusion of Gaia [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW2hlnG3A6Q] (the raft part begins at 1:22:10).

Plutonon14

May 15, 2016
Hey I have a game in my mind but i can not remember the name of it, the game is 2D platform, also i remembered collecting lots of diamonds/rubies etc. game was in magical forest, the game graphically was similar to Trine, I play this game around 2005, but I am not sure if it was a PC application or a web browser game, I think that the character was like a wizard or a female thief but not 100% sure. I hope that this description is correct, I will be thankful for any suggestions.

pithaCZ

Apr 21, 2016
pithaCZ said:
Hey guys,

got a tough one for ya. My girlfriend told me, that in the late ninetees (or early 2000's, she's not sure :)) she used to play the Mario-style game with exploding boxes which had the plus (or cross) symbol on them. On PC. That's all she remembers :D Any thoughts? Thanks!
bump :) anyone, please?

tupakka1

May 15, 2016
Does anyone know that online browser game where you play as kid cowboys, where you can play blackjack and there was some minigame where you had to defeat a old man and you had weapons like: rocks, slingshot, shotgun. Oh and i remember that this game was in that same site ---> http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/maganic_wars

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Maciek Muras said:
Hi. I'm looking for a game that I played inabout 2005 (and thats not for certain, but I guess that was +- 2 years from that year). I played it on a win 98 (yeah, I know, win98 in 2005:) ). It wasn't some spectacular game, becouse I saw it some day in a mall, where all those games was in some basket with SALE label on 'em. So it ought to be dated on that year, nontheless it could be a bit older. I spend a lot of time playin' that as a kid and I'd love to try it again.

Things that I remember:

1. It was a simple 2d game (vision follows your move)

2. As I remeber there were two main characters - Wizard or sth., he was blue. I guess his basic weapon was some kind of a floating fireball, but it wasn't made of fire, more sth. blue, maybe ice (I can't remember). 2nd character was a non-magic soldier, I doubt he was a viking, because every time I say that I get Lost Vikings and that's not it. However his basic weapon was axe. And he was bigger than wizard, maybe muscular.

3. Somewhere on maps were available 'shops', where I could get some additional weapon (don't know how many). One of them was a ball, that thrown flied for a moment and exploded in some distance in front of character. That I remember and it had best visual effect.

4. For certain there are 2 maps that I can characterize: a cave, cold I guess and snowy maybe, that we're exploring on the bottom of the screen while going right and then we hop up and we go left. We can go back any time. Second map was a castle and I remember that I couldn't go upstairs, they were not like this |-|, more like this _| and pressing up arrow didn't help, I had to press up and right for example arrow to get on 'em. There were many of maps, but those I remember most. Aw, there was also (I guess basic) map with green background, maybe some trees or sth.

Thanks for your effort.
any of the brave dwarves series perhaps?

for example

Brave Dwarves 2 (2002)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPusa5MbQgE