Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

alautar

Jul 6, 2017
Old Windows Game With Blue Marble That Leaves Trail
When my family got rid of our old PC that still ran Windows XP, there was a game on it that I loved wasting time playing, but could never remember the name of. I want to say the name had something to do with "lock" or "key," but I can't be certain.
You play as a blue marble (controlled with the arrow keys on the keyboard) and the goal was to turn most of the screen from white to black squares. The blue marble leaves a trail of blue squares when it travels on the white portion of the screen. If you get back to the black portion, then the blue squares in the trail turn black and add to your score. When you turn, like, 75% of the screen black, you advance to the next level.
There are other marbles on the screen that act as enemies. There is a gray marble on the black portion that kills you if it touches you. There are also red marbles on the white area that kill you if they touch your blue marble or your trail (when it's still blue). I think you have three lives until game over.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

MsAlanana

Oct 11, 2017
My brother and I used to play a game in 2005ish that we can't remember the name whatsoever. We were very young and only remember some details. It was a splitscreen multiplayer game on the PS2 and on a demo disk where you vs each other in a team death match style. The characters were snowmen and maybe penguins if I remember correctly. Each team had a fort to protect themselves. There was a car like machine that spawned every five minutes that we could control (whatever team got to it first). There were ice guns that we could pick up to kill with and each team member had a small army. I believe that there was also an igloo at the starting point and a snow bridge we had to cross to get to the other teams side that had icy water underneath that could kill you if you fell inside. Pleaseee help guys 😭

dre10g

Jun 28, 2016
Stretch22 said:
Hi, im looking for a game i used to play at school. It was around 2005 or 2006 that i played it and it was around 2 or 3 years old at the time. I played it on either a windows 98 or a 2000 and the graphics were similar to crazy taxis. It involved driving around in a car that you had chosen. You couldn't get out of the car at all. You simply drove around shooting people. You could get missiles, rockets, grenades etc for the car. The map was like a large city. There was an airport and a lot of parking lots that you could drive in and then drive of ramps on the top. There was also a lot of brothels with prostitutes around them. I also remember that there were massive roads in some parts of the map where you could drive so high up you went into space or something like that. There were cops I think as well that chased you around if you shot too much stuff. If anyone has any vague idea i'd really appreciate the help, some titles i have already ruled out are twisted metal, split second, gta, vigilante 8 as well as the interstate 82 and 76 games. Thanks for any help:).
Smashing Drive?

hellothere987

Oct 12, 2017
The game you are looking for is called "Провинциальный игрок" (The Provincial Player). It is Russian made, I don't think it's available in English
Kristaps Zakovics said:
My mind is betraying me on one old PC CD-ROM game ( I believe ), it could be DOS.

As far as i remember, it is an Adventure / Quest / Parody Billiard / Pool game. You start as a parody version of Bruce Willis ( Narrating the intro, and driving in a taxi ), and you are totally broke, so your quest is to win a billiard tournament. You walk into a bar and talk to bartender to arrange game. One of the opponents is Madonna like character. Rest of them i cannot remember. Game is Cartoon style - dark humor game. I have searched google with no result and it could be late 90's or early 2000's. Unfortunately that is all i can remember.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
alautar said:
Old Windows Game With Blue Marble That Leaves Trail
When my family got rid of our old PC that still ran Windows XP, there was a game on it that I loved wasting time playing, but could never remember the name of. I want to say the name had something to do with "lock" or "key," but I can't be certain.
You play as a blue marble (controlled with the arrow keys on the keyboard) and the goal was to turn most of the screen from white to black squares. The blue marble leaves a trail of blue squares when it travels on the white portion of the screen. If you get back to the black portion, then the blue squares in the trail turn black and add to your score. When you turn, like, 75% of the screen black, you advance to the next level.
There are other marbles on the screen that act as enemies. There is a gray marble on the black portion that kills you if it touches you. There are also red marbles on the white area that kill you if they touch your blue marble or your trail (when it's still blue). I think you have three lives until game over.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Probably Lock Out. Otherwise it's some other variant on QIX.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Kevin Freken said:
darrenbeauchamp said:
When I was a kid (somewhere in the mid-90s) I had this platformer game on my SEGA where a little guy paved the way through the dungeons with rainbows. He made kind of rainbow steps and went up and up, collected rubies and staff on the way, and at the end of each level he met a monster boss, whom he fought with the same rainbows (you had to hit the boss with rainbows until their lives were all gone). Mechanics are pretty generic, but it was quite cute. I would love to play it on an emulator, but I do not remember the title (
something with diana i think cant remember
Possibly Rainbow Islands Extra?

IzaMA

Oct 12, 2017
Hello everyone, There is this one game that I played around 2000s, as of now, the game i remember looks almost like Metroid but with greyish colour theme. The main guy can turn into a ball to go to tight places. He also have a swing ability in which his swing looks like stringed grey beads. Another things is that opening door by shooting at it.

Jim Steele

Apr 4, 2010
Hi all!

Ok so this game I don't remember too many details, but it was a top-down space shooter, the key thing I remember was that police spaceships would come after you at certain points. Distinctly remember their sirens and the panic that ensued :p I can't recall if they shot you or just tried to surround you. Believe there were power-ups that gave you extra ships/guns. Maybe asteroids that you had to avoid.

I think it would have been late 90s, possibly early 2000's. I don't remember the graphics being terrible. I don't think it was anything like Galaga, much more polished.

I played it on our old Mac but it was possibly on an emulator.

Yeah details are slim but I hope someone knows! Been searching around for the past 30 mins on the net / this thread and haven't found anything.

jbakers

Oct 12, 2017
Hey guys, thanks for creating this thread because its driving me mad.

It was a game, kind of action/survival 3d-person iirc.
The game started where you (as a female) responded to an emergency call.
You where not police, but some kind of other devision. I think she also had mind-powers.

Arriving at the scene everyone was dead, also they swat team the send in before you. It was a really horrible bloody scene.
Later on in the game monsters became invisible and more.

Looked realistic (not cartoonisch I mmean), it also had a kinda jap/kor feeling to it.

The cover was whitey, with the female protagonist also on there iirc.
I dont recall what console it was, but it has to be xbox, psone or ps2

Also the title, I think it had something with 2 in it, or part, as if this game was a part two? Never played part one, though. But I could also be mistaken..

ady_arcade

Jun 3, 2013
lvciferic said:
I used to play a game in the early 2000s,maybe 2005,when you play as a wizard in a sort of a mine and there are a lot of coin,potions and ladders,sadly that's all i can remember i'm looking for this game for 1 year,sorry for the bad english
Could be Diablo 1?

Luchtverfrisser

Oct 12, 2017
Hey guys,

I got one for you. This is a game I played I think about 12-15 years ago. As I remember it was a sidescroller and you played a boy who was having a nightmare which toke place in some kind of fruit world (not a very dark style or anything, just the enemies where fruit). There were lots of different fruit enemies (like a banana throwing small bananas and I believe there where also grapes but I don't remember what they did) and I can't remember the objective other then "complete the level till the end". I really want to know the title of this one :)

Thanks!

Hakkspets

Oct 12, 2017
Me and my brother have been searching for this game for at least a decade now.
I remember that we played it on pc back in around 1996-1998.
I don't remember much about the actual game. I think it was a sci fi game.
I do remember the game cover, a guy wearing black sunglasses (FBI looking sunglasses).
One cutscene (I think it was the intro) was the main character (the guy wearing sunglasses) driving a motorboat. I can't remember where he drives it, he might be going to a hangar.
The next thing I remember is a cutscene where the guy is talking to a girl. He gets in to some sort of simulator where you shoot down aircrafts or spaceships.

I know this isn't much to go on but it's all I got!

It would be so good to finally find out what game I've been having in the back of my head for over ten years now.

faesreality

Oct 13, 2017
Hey!!

There was this game on my elementary school computers (no not Oregon Trail) and it had these little furry, furby-like colorful ball-shaped creatures that you took on an adventure with. You had to do all sorts of puzzles and mini-games with them.. I remember a catapult and a suspension bridge.. You lost some and you picked up some along the way... Please help!! xD

faesreality

Oct 13, 2017
Hey!!

There was this game on my elementary school computers (no not Oregon Trail) and it had these little furry, furby-like colorful ball-shaped creatures that you took on an adventure with. You had to do all sorts of puzzles and mini-games with them.. I remember a catapult and a suspension bridge.. You lost some and you picked up some along the way... Please help!! xD

faesreality

Oct 13, 2017
Hey!!

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Hakkspets said:
Me and my brother have been searching for this game for at least a decade now.
I remember that we played it on pc back in around 1996-1998.
I don't remember much about the actual game. I think it was a sci fi game.
I do remember the game cover, a guy wearing black sunglasses (FBI looking sunglasses).
One cutscene (I think it was the intro) was the main character (the guy wearing sunglasses) driving a motorboat. I can't remember where he drives it, he might be going to a hangar.
The next thing I remember is a cutscene where the guy is talking to a girl. He gets in to some sort of simulator where you shoot down aircrafts or spaceships.

I know this isn't much to go on but it's all I got!

It would be so good to finally find out what game I've been having in the back of my head for over ten years now.
Maybe Cyberia [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-3kGq6RKYo]?

IzaMA

Oct 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

Looking for a CD that have a pack of games, the one i remember is that it have doom 1, duke nukem, star wars dark force, wolfentein classic one...is there anyone who knows this CD pack? Looking for games that i played but didnt remember the name.

Thank you.

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
faesreality said:
Hey!!

Perhaps Logical Journey of the Zoombinis?

Ubbidubbi

Oct 13, 2017
I think this game was on the PlayStation. Its opening showed a girl she was wearing a white dress and had blonde hair and she was falling and the main character was running to try an save her and there was a countdown faded into the background. The girl was one of your companions that you get after you save her from a cyclops machine thing (sorry I can't remember it better). She's a healer and I also remember other companions but not very well. The main character can transform into a demon thing but only for a limited time. Once you transform a timer will start and if your still a demon when the timer runs out you die. I tried looking everywhere for this game but I can't find it. Hopefully I'll have better luck on here.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Ubbidubbi said:
I think this game was on the PlayStation. Its opening showed a girl she was wearing a white dress and had blonde hair and she was falling and the main character was running to try an save her and there was a countdown faded into the background. The girl was one of your companions that you get after you save her from a cyclops machine thing (sorry I can't remember it better). She's a healer and I also remember other companions but not very well. The main character can transform into a demon thing but only for a limited time. Once you transform a timer will start and if your still a demon when the timer runs out you die. I tried looking everywhere for this game but I can't find it. Hopefully I'll have better luck on here.
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzib0DGUsLw&list=PLpDuQU0G4NLm12OjEZrQsD9iesQbgpPlb] is on the Playstation 2, more accurately. =)