Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

arsoy

Dec 4, 2017
jimmyjobob said:
arsoy said:
hi everyone.
it was an old console game . we were driving car from top view bu it wasnt race game. it was arcade game. the car has guns and we were collecting items from floor and the car was gettin bigger and changing . one of the stage it was green i remember. in one stage i remember we are driving in desert and there was traps which taking us under sand. thats all i remember im sorry . could you help me to find this game ???
Spy Hunter for NES?
jimmyjobob said:
arsoy said:
hi everyone.
it was an old console game . we were driving car from top view bu it wasnt race game. it was arcade game. the car has guns and we were collecting items from floor and the car was gettin bigger and changing . one of the stage it was green i remember. in one stage i remember we are driving in desert and there was traps which taking us under sand. thats all i remember im sorry . could you help me to find this game ???
Spy Hunter for NES?
Yesss my friend thats ittt . Thank you so much

shadowbobber

Oct 25, 2017
WotTheFak said:
Can?t remember what this game is for the life of me, for some reason I think sonic is in it but I?ve done tons of YouTube and google searching with no luck. I remember there is a character selection screen, I don?t think this game had levels, just one map with a big city in the middle on one side there was a volcano and on the other a ocean or a lake. There are rails you can ride on to gain speed for getting around the map, the point was to collect upgrades or power ups, for the mini game/ boss that is on a timer. So you runaround as quick as you can using rails and getting to the cubes that contain power ups before other players. Once the boss/mini game is about to happen, it starts raining and it gets dark like a storm is coming. When the power ups/ drops appear you can see them float down from the sky and they?ll land randomly around the map and there is a light beam to show where it?s landing. I can?t remember any other details except maybe it was an early 2000?s title. S.O.S. Save my childhood.
I don't think that's a Sonic game, but maybe one he made a cameo in? http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_cameos_and_references
do you recall the system it was on?

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
jimmyjobob said:
This game was most likely for the PS2 it was a JRPG like FF and Blue Dragon but Im pretty sure you didnt enter a battle screen you fought them right as you saw them in real time. The main character was a human boy but another playable character was a Purplish Lizard who wielded a spear(among a few more). I remember you could get new weapons/items and also upgrade current ones. I really wish I remembered something about the storyline or any other characters. Im not expecting anyone to know from the terrible information I have given but hoping this sets of someones memory. Thank you ahead of time.
I'd guess it's Suikoden 3 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDzqBjtJWI&list=PLWCpPDsEHE-wa5GKb11yxbj3qRP_vedr-], with the "Purplish Lizard" being Dupa [https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/5128/321578-s3_dupa.jpg]. The game was on PS2 and had blacksmiths who could upgrade weapons. =)

Daydreamdirty

Nov 29, 2017
Daydreamdirty said:
So this game I played back around about 25 years ago on the sega genesis as that is what we had back then. You controlled a character from a top down rather than an over your shoulder perspective but whenever you ran into an enemy you would zoom in and go fight whatever enemy you ran into. By zoom in I mean the battle would turn into some sort of side scrolling fight.

I only remember this one guy wielding a big axe that would swing an axe vertically up and down and the only way past him was to roll under him and to swing a sword at his back or stab him. I really cant remember anything else but I've been searching on and off now for about 2-3 years with no success.

Any help would be appreciated. Also when playing the game outside of the fighting parts, it reminds for some odd reason of marble madness in how it looks (I think anyway- it?s been so long/ I did find the other old game I was looking for I played once called General chaos which was pretty sweet.)

Also I want to thank whoever started up this thread as its a great idea for finding old sweet games one has forgotten about. Also it looks like crusader of centi but it?s not. It?s similar to shining force 2 as the grids and the health bar looks familiar but the fighting is not turn based.
I forgot I think there was multiplayer but I don?t Remember for sure. Any help is appreciated as I still haven?t been able to find this game yet.

jimmyjobob

Dec 5, 2017
Midwoka said:
jimmyjobob said:
This game was most likely for the PS2 it was a JRPG like FF and Blue Dragon but Im pretty sure you didnt enter a battle screen you fought them right as you saw them in real time. The main character was a human boy but another playable character was a Purplish Lizard who wielded a spear(among a few more). I remember you could get new weapons/items and also upgrade current ones. I really wish I remembered something about the storyline or any other characters. Im not expecting anyone to know from the terrible information I have given but hoping this sets of someones memory. Thank you ahead of time.
I'd guess it's Suikoden 3 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDzqBjtJWI&list=PLWCpPDsEHE-wa5GKb11yxbj3qRP_vedr-], with the "Purplish Lizard" being Dupa [https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/5128/321578-s3_dupa.jpg]. The game was on PS2 and had blacksmiths who could upgrade weapons. =)
No its not that I have never played any Suikoden but I thank you for your time

WotTheFak

Dec 5, 2017
Hard to remember but my best guess would be the Playstation 1 or Nintendo 64. Looking through the list of cameos I can?t find it.

uR2die4

Dec 5, 2017
Hi

I'm looking for a game (maybe it was 2 games) but any help will be appreciated.

It was on PC, Win XP or earlier (most probably earlier)

This is what i recall:

- 3rd person spaceship shooter where asteroids and enemy ships are coming from the front and have to shoot them. I think shooting an asteroid bursts it to smaller pieces, and sometimes the enemy ships form a fence-type chain.

- 1st person shooter, was inside a spaceship. Pretty sure you used the mouse to point and click and go forward or turn the camera around and go through different rooms. I think there was a monster in a white pod which came out when you approached it and you could use the mouse to look for the weak spot(s) and shoot it.I recall the boss was a bird-like alien creature with a thin shield-type something on its head that had lights on it and that was the weak point, but once you shot that it would chase you and you sort of ran backwards while it came charging.. never could beat it.
I recall the mouse controls were: left click to shoot, and press and hold right click to shield.

Im not sure if these were the same game, or 2 games i am merging into one from memory.

mik3123

Jun 5, 2014
Hey

So this was probably a shareware disk from either 98/99/00
fairly sure it was called 100 special games or something like that
contained dink smallwood, earthworm jim (maybe) some dwarven miners, and a bunch of other stuff.

Has anyone heard/had this disc? I'm specifically looking for a shoot em up game on it - yellow spaceship that you pick up power ups that change the stuff you shoot.
mouse controls.
i think the disk had a black logo with a couple red lines.
any assistance is welcome. thanks :)

redkuri

Dec 6, 2017
Please, I need some help to find this NINTENDO (NES) game... This game is my game when I was a kid... I dont remember this game title is in english or japanese, because it's the same, I cant understand that both language when I was a kid... So, I just play and enjoy it...

- There are 2 character playable in this game, blue knight (male) and pink/red knight (female) (maybe)
- You can swap character instantly between blue or pink
- Blue knight have a great attack, he more powerful than pink knight. Pink knight need more attack to kill the enemy, But blue knight cant handle in water area, he's HP drain so fast when go inside the water, pink knight can handle this water area. She's HP drain very slowly in water area.
- In late/mid game, you can find some item useful. You can break the wall with ur basic attack! Blue knight can instantly break single wall with 1 attack. The pink need more (arround 3-5 attack) to break the wall.
- This is like side scrolling adventure in the dungeon/ castle, some area/ stage/ place with different theme (iced, jungle, etc)
- You can back to previous area/ stage/ place (like NES game The Goonies, you can back again to previous area/ stage/ place right)

That is the point that I can remember. Please tell me if you know that game...

Thank you

BlacktusJack

Dec 6, 2017
Every now and then I remember this game I used to play as a kid and it's driving me crazy that I can't find it

It was a platformer where you played as a purple penguin (I seem to remember it being about siblings, not sure if it was a multiplayer thing or what, and I remember red and white tile floors)

It couldn't be any newer than 2007, and for an exact timeframe I would say it couldn't be older than like 2002ish; it had these pretty basic 3D polygonal graphics that looked like a one-man dev team around that time made it.

It must have been on Miniclip back in the day but I guess it's not anymore. I remember playing it online, and it only being a trial, where you would be stuck behind a paywall after a certain point.

Any help would be appreciated, this is a semi-frequent thing I go through now and I really want to be sure I didn't just dream it.

Katecma

Dec 6, 2017
I remember this! The game you are looking for is The ClueFinders 4th Grade Adventures: Puzzle of the Pyramid!

Katecma

Dec 6, 2017
Niko Stepz said:
I remember this one game for the PC fondly, you were some kids in Egypt and had to solve puzzles to find special treasures. Or something like that. I just remember being in Egypt, Ancient Egypt I think, and solving puzzles. If anyone remembers the name of the game, or one they think it might be you should totally tell me :p
The ClueFinders 4th Grade Adventures:
Puzzle of the Pyramid! Awesome game!

zbam

Dec 6, 2017
Hello everyone,

I remember a PC game from my childhood(14-19 years ago), you were controlling a character from third person view and trying to find cars with guns on them, some cars had pretty cool guns on them some of them were able to drop oil from bottom so that the chasing cars would slip, you were just fighting with other people in cars with guns. I do not remember more but I remember how cool it felt :D Could anyone help me about the name of it ?

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
redkuri said:
Please, I need some help to find this NINTENDO (NES) game... This game is my game when I was a kid... I dont remember this game title is in english or japanese, because it's the same, I cant understand that both language when I was a kid... So, I just play and enjoy it...

- There are 2 character playable in this game, blue knight (male) and pink/red knight (female) (maybe)
- You can swap character instantly between blue or pink
- Blue knight have a great attack, he more powerful than pink knight. Pink knight need more attack to kill the enemy, But blue knight cant handle in water area, he's HP drain so fast when go inside the water, pink knight can handle this water area. She's HP drain very slowly in water area.
- In late/mid game, you can find some item useful. You can break the wall with ur basic attack! Blue knight can instantly break single wall with 1 attack. The pink need more (arround 3-5 attack) to break the wall.
- This is like side scrolling adventure in the dungeon/ castle, some area/ stage/ place with different theme (iced, jungle, etc)
- You can back to previous area/ stage/ place (like NES game The Goonies, you can back again to previous area/ stage/ place right)

That is the point that I can remember. Please tell me if you know that game...

Thank you
That would be Knightmare II: The Maze of Galious, which according to TV Tropes is "the most influential game you've never heard of." Here's a link to the TV Tropes page for more info but less screenshots.

Akkordich

Dec 6, 2017
Please help me to find old third person rpg released between 1998-2004 (i guess) I don?t remember much but i?m sure that you start in a village (or in temple in a village) and there is a road nearby (as far as i remember with hostiles). Also i draw starting zone if it helps https://imgur.com/a/Qq54F . Thanks in advance!
P.s sorry for my english

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Akkordich said:
Please help me to find old third person rpg released between 1998-2004 (i guess) I don?t remember much but i?m sure that you start in a village (or in temple in a village) and there is a road nearby (as far as i remember with hostiles). Also i draw starting zone if it helps https://imgur.com/a/Qq54F . Thanks in advance!
P.s sorry for my english
"Drakan: Order of the Flame" (1999) is what I'd say. But just because I love that game. :-D

Dec 3, 2017
Vendor-Lazarus said:
You only said that you were 7 when you played it, not how long ago it was or when it was possibly released, but my guess would be Psychonauts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychonauts
That's it! Thanks a lot

ohmygodhelpme

Dec 6, 2017
Theres 2 games id LOOOOOOOOVE to find since i was a child and dont remember but i rly feel so nostalgic about it , both nintendo games
one is a fighting game that starts either in a cave or forest with a really special music dont remember if its a violin or..
and the other game is about a super hero dressed-like being (im not sure) but inside a giant fridge , this game could be played also on coop mode with another different hero. no guns or whatever. id be soooooooooo grateful if someone could help me find either one... its been "haunting" me for years

Nexus Darkshade

Dec 6, 2017
Got an account just for this question.

The game is maybe old. My dad played it around 2006 - 2008. It is a top-down RPG. It involves a player fighting creatures/doing quests. It had a really catchy tune when the character was doing chores, such as sweeping. There was this cool cave in a forest, with a large monster inside. It also had an alleyway in a town, where you (maybe?) got attacked by bandits. It's probably pixelated. It may involve typing as a main game mechanic. I can't remember. It had a video on youtube that was an upload of its advertisement, which featured a (fat?) guy wearing a cloak.

silverfox

Apr 3, 2017
zetorun said:
Does anyone know which game this is?

zetorun said:
I am looking for a PC game from early 2000's that was set in medieval times. I remember walking around in a castle, going into soldiers rooms searching their chests and reading their letters or stealing their clothes.And when i wanted to see what my character is wearing it would show it on Leonardo Da Vinci's Vitruvian man. This is all i can remember about the game i hope someone can help, been searching for years. Thanks...