Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Emil Alexandru

Jul 29, 2018
Hi guys, I remember playing a game but I cannot remember its name, I hope you can help me.

It was like Mario, it was 2d, you could have 1 character or play in duo mode, same keyboard, same screen. The screen wouldnt, move, it was only left right and jumps. It was on windows 98 or windows 2000 or xp. Graphics were ok, better than age of empires, the character was kinda like hunched. I remember some creatures would appear and I had to jump over them I think to avoid them. Id had levels, each level was a different kind of map(screen) with different level of difficulty and creatures.

Creatures I think would emerge from the top corners of the screen and then bounce off once they reace the side of the screen.

I remember there was weather, or some kind of ice, but not always, because sometimes the character would be hard to control due to gliding on the soil.

I tried to make a drawing of the screen.

Those hard lines would be the soil, where I could jump to run, avoid creatures.

https://s22.postimg.cc/j9c57q9kx/Untitled.jpg

Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance.

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Emil Alexandru said:
Hi guys, I remember playing a game but I cannot remember its name, I hope you can help me.

It was like Mario, it was 2d, you could have 1 character or play in duo mode, same keyboard, same screen. The screen wouldnt, move, it was only left right and jumps. It was on windows 98 or windows 2000 or xp. Graphics were ok, better than age of empires, the character was kinda like hunched. I remember some creatures would appear and I had to jump over them I think to avoid them. Id had levels, each level was a different kind of map(screen) with different level of difficulty and creatures.

Creatures I think would emerge from the top corners of the screen and then bounce off once they reace the side of the screen.

I remember there was weather, or some kind of ice, but not always, because sometimes the character would be hard to control due to gliding on the soil.

I tried to make a drawing of the screen.

Those hard lines would be the soil, where I could jump to run, avoid creatures.

https://s22.postimg.cc/j9c57q9kx/Untitled.jpg

Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance.
My guess would be either Bonkheads [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRFx8Pn0aAI], or possibly one of the Sierra Lode Runner [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHZM-jEBH0] games (The Legend Returns, or The Mad Monks' Revenge).

Sizza Pqueeze

Jul 31, 2018
Does anyone remember this game with mini games in it and one of the mini games was a trapeze game the only colors where a background and a foreground color and the person was the foreground color?

Emil Alexandru

Jul 29, 2018
Ogoid said:
My guess would be either Bonkheads [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRFx8Pn0aAI], or possibly one of the Sierra Lode Runner [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHZM-jEBH0] games (The Legend Returns, or The Mad Monks' Revenge).
Yes it is, Bonkheads it is. Thank you so much!

Angela Armold

Aug 1, 2018
I'm looking for an internet game (I think it was a flash game? It was free, and on a website - no download) I played back in college (fifteen-twelve years ago, in the early 2000's)

I thought it was called CASTLE WITTENDORF, made by someone's pictures of outdoors, you explore around, and can interact with little clip-art that was added the real pictures. There were a few people you could interact with, a mirror, a well, a flower, etc. And then you go through a door/portal and come out by a graveyard... and cows? Something about milk, and I didn't get any further than that in the game. Anyway, I'm trying to find it again, or at the very least a place where I can read a walk-through or find out what the end of the game was.

I thought it was brilliant to make a game with real-life pctures, made it seem immersive beyond any other games I'd played at that time.

Joen Thurgren

Aug 1, 2018
Hello!
I have been bothered about an old game I seam to remember just parts of the intro of. I Hope someone here can help me find it.

I think I was around 7 or 8 when I saw it, so about mid 90's, can ofcourse be an older game...
The artstyle was drawn, so not the pixelated trying to look "real" stuff.
The intro screen had a young man and a badge. When you started it you choose what episode to play, Both had different intros, One was a clown robbing a bank, and shooting down a cop with an uzi. I want to remember him escaping with an hostage, but it was more then 20 years ago so the last part might just be my head filling out the blanks. the 2th episode was with some sort of shotgun wielding psychopath in a leather jacket.

Wish I could remember more, one of those games another kid brought to school and showed the intros but no one actually got to play them :/.
Hope this is enough to go on, I am seriusly bothered about not knowing the name.

mousecake

Jul 21, 2014
Alright everyone, I have 1 other game I'd like help in (thanks again for being awesome!):

Key points:
-90s/early 2000s pc game
-top-down
-possible rts
- not specifically a shooter as each character had their strengths and weaknesses

This one is tricky because I only played a small part of the demo, but I remember it being a top-down sort or rts where you have a group of around 5ish survivors in what I think is an alien invasion. Each survor has it's own unique name and character design (I remember one having a lab coat?) You click on where you want them to go and who will be the first to explore a room or if you will lock a door. I remember a lab where you fight a few creatures, but it has some capsules to the left wall of the room where you can be safe in or maybe heal. One of the big standouts is that I could scroll away to see the whole map and what looked like an alien queen was on the far right corner of the map and it would spawn more and more creatures that would overtake the world very quickly. It always made me too scared to make progress...I'd hide in that lab forever and give up!

Closest game I found is Alien Shooters 2(similar atmosphere), but it doesn't look like the game play is the same.

I want redemption!!! XD
I was around 6 when I played this and it was the scariest game I had ever dared to play at the time, so my apologies for the terrible description(I also didn't speak English at the time which didn't help...)
Thanks!!

Aug 1, 2018
Hello guys I can't remember a pc game from the 90s that I used to play when I was a kid. I will describe the game the best I can remember:

You start on earth with a spacecraft and you go on a trip into a sort of tipe Space station hotel in some part near Titan (moon). In the trip to this hotel you are shooting some rocks in the spacecraft. When you arrive to this Space-hotel you can interact with almost everything (it is like point and click). In the hotel there is a restorant where you can eat pizzas, drinks, etc. There is also a video game room where you can play if you have coins. I remember there was also a cinema where you can watch the three stooges. You can also visits several floors if you could get the key. I remember you can click differents rooms and extra terrestial got angry because they were having showers...

Thanks you very much.

ImTr1pp1nFace

Jan 22, 2014
Alright, I'll do my best to explain this game.

It was a PS1 game, RPG similar in style to like Breath of Fire 3 (sprites, random encounters). At some point you get a tower on the world map as like a base of operations, where you can go up each level and talk to your party members and stuff. Pretty sure the tower was either on an island or just near water. There was a guy in the tower with like a bald head and monocle who always called you "Master", and you could get like a motor boat to use on the world map, going up rivers and stuff. I think there was also a castle with a vampire maybe. Hope someone can help. This has been driving me crazy for years.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
ImTr1pp1nFace said:

It was a PS1 game, RPG similar in style to like Breath of Fire 3 (sprites, random encounters). At some point you get a tower on the world map as like a base of operations, where you can go up each level and talk to your party members and stuff. Pretty sure the tower was either on an island or just near water. There was a guy in the tower with like a bald head and monocle who always called you "Master", and you could get like a motor boat to use on the world map, going up rivers and stuff. I think there was also a castle with a vampire maybe. Hope someone can help. This has been driving me crazy for years.
Could be Suikoden, as that game made a big deal of you taking over an island tower as your group's base. It also had fantasy stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a vampire at some point. And the guy with the monocle maaaay have been Chandler [http://suikoden.wikia.com/wiki/Chandler], but with over 100 characters there could've been more monocles that I'm forgetting...

Dan Last

Aug 3, 2018
Hope I can find the name of this game, although it's a long shot... It was a racing sim I got in a cereal box many years ago, maybe 10 or so. You raced down the track could compete against a ghost. The track was basic, and I remember that once you finished the pit straight, it would turn right and uphill. The game was very basic, expected from Italian cereal. Ti give you an idea of the games I had at a similar time: Pet Racer, 101 Dinos (later addition), Marine Park Empire, Zoo Empire, etc.

sammykono

Apr 3, 2017
Hello everyone the game im trying to find is a computer game i played on a pc with my cousins in the mid 2000s i think it was realeased in the early 2000s or so it was single player and it was fantasy based i think since some of the characters were like humanoid animals. It was 3D and took place on an island you could travel around and do whatever you want as well as fight monsters and get wood from trees and you could get other characters in the world to join your party, you could also switch between these characters whenever you wanted and make certain ones do tasks while you used others to explore or fight monsters.I dont remember there being alot of npcs besides the characters that you got to join your party i dont think it was like typical rpgs it also was point and click and had a cartoony art style to it i remember we got the game without access to the internet so i think we may have got it from a cd. It wasn't top down though you had more of a 3rd person view of your character like world of warcraft

falcon72

Jan 23, 2017
Hi guys. I'm trying to find a game that was something like this. I played it on a Windows 98 machine in the early 2000s. It was a 2D side-scrolling battleship game where you were in control of the ship on the top of the screen, you could move it only to the left or right. There were enemies (submarines most of the time) below the sea level to destroy with bombs (very wobbly when dropped) and missiles. These enemies, would eventually go up to your ship and if they hit you, you would lose a life (i think) or there was a health bar somewhere. The game was divided into at least 10 stages (that's the maximum I've reached back in the day) and every 3 or 5 stages, there was a "special" or "bonus" stage where you were be able to call air strike to destroy enemies and get loads of points. I remember if you saw enemies in a straight line and if you hit them they would explode progressively giving you a multiplier in points. And the music?? OMG it was good and catchy. For some reason, I remember "WIN" in the title. I would like to play it again today to see if I can go past the 10th stage. :)

lexiconical

Mar 6, 2017
Alright, I've got two games that I've been looking for forever.

The first was probably an early 90's educational game, though it could have been earlier or later. I'm not sure what system it was on, my best guess would be Windows 95. The main thing I remember is that there was one level where you were at like an alpine ski resort. You could see mountains in the distance, and skiers on a ski lift. I think if you solved math problems that were printed on their chair, then the skier would hop off and ski down the mountain. Also if you clicked on the skiers, one of them would say "Hey, what's your beef?" and then the other skiers would be like "Whoooooa!" And that's the line that stuck with me for fifteen years :D

The other game I'm a little more hazy on. It might even be part of the same game. Again, probably an early 90's educational game. All I remember is that you were in a pizzeria with tables that had that little red and white checkered pattern on the tablecloths. I believe you could slice the pizzas (Maybe put ingredients on as well, but I'm not super sure), maybe to teach you about division or something? I think you had to add up their order on a little typewriter-style cash register as well. You also might have been able to explore a house, because I have a very faint memory involving an attic.

Any help would be much appreciated!

ImTr1pp1nFace

Jan 22, 2014
Midwoka said:
ImTr1pp1nFace said:

Could be Suikoden, as that game made a big deal of you taking over an island tower as your group's base. It also had fantasy stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a vampire at some point. And the guy with the monocle maaaay have been Chandler [http://suikoden.wikia.com/wiki/Chandler], but with over 100 characters there could've been more monocles that I'm forgetting...

That was it! The monocle guy I was thinking of was Kamandol, and the tower was Toran Castle. Thank you so much!

ChubbyPanda91

Aug 8, 2018
There's this old game where i think the boy has to save the world from something? I just mainly remember that although everyone thinks the dragon's white treasure is diamond after hero and co. leaves the dragon wonders why they think it's poop is so valuable.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
ChubbyPanda91 said:
There's this old game where i think the boy has to save the world from something? I just mainly remember that although everyone thinks the dragon's white treasure is diamond after hero and co. leaves the dragon wonders why they think it's poop is so valuable.
That definitely happens in Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izav0KeT_AA] (the meeting with the dragon starts at 28:47 in the video), but that game is a remake of a remake so you might've played one of the earlier versions. It really depends on what console you played it on. =)

ChubbyPanda91

Aug 8, 2018
Midwoka said:
ChubbyPanda91 said:
That definitely happens in Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izav0KeT_AA] (the meeting with the dragon starts at 28:47 in the video), but that game is a remake of a remake so you might've played one of the earlier versions. It really depends on what console you played it on. =)
TY that was the game!! Ty so much :D

gamespot

Oct 7, 2017
Hi guys, I'm still looking for a game.
I'll give you all the facts that I know.
1. ps2 game
2. from 2008 and before
3. pegi 12, 16 or 18+

I will now tell you guys about what I remember from the game.
You played as a male, and you were running towards a house, then loading screen (completely black with a "spinning wheel".
Then you're inside the house, maybe in the basement or something, its all wood and there are at least 2 other guys. One is chained up with dark metal chains, and the other one is at a wheel or a handle. You are having a conversation, I dont remember what they were talking about. I think the name was a little bit like assasins creed, but I can find anything with assassins creed, so dont think about that. If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it so much!

Kaitlin Johnson

Aug 10, 2018
Okay guys, this is my first time posting here. I am in serious need of help.

So I'm looking for the name of an educational kids game that I played in the early to mid 2000s. This game was about animals, but there are only a few parts of it that I distinctly remember. I remember there being a section about white tailed deer, and a section about bats using their echolocation. The clearest memory I have is about a game where you had to help beavers build a dam. You did this by cutting down trees with their teeth, patting down mud, and setting the sticks down in the mud to build it. The graphics were like decent but nothing spectacular. Similar to an animated movie I guess? I played it on the computer.

Thanks in advance!