Old Games you want remade or rereleased

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Just give me FFVII with modern graphics and voice-acting. Maybe I'll understand and pay attention to the convoluted story if I don't have to read it all from little low-poly figurines that look like happy meal toys that got run over by a car.

And yes, I understand that's the best they could do with PS1 graphics, but still. If they're willing to fucking re-release Final Fantasy X, then with how much begging has gone on for a FFVII remake not doing it at this point is just trolling. I understand Square isn't doing so well at the moment, but surely there's enough nostalgia for it that a HD re-release of FFVII could earn them some serious bank.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
I want another remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day so bad. Just to be able to play it again with out emulation (somehow my N64 copy disappeared and I don't want to buy another copy for $200) would be amazing and I think it would be pretty fun to be able to play some of the multiplayer modes online.

Vladimir Stamenov

Nov 8, 2011
Vampire: Bloodliens remade with all the cut dialog and abilities would be a godsend. I would really like a PC rerelease of Bayonetta (yes I know it's not possible, it's jsut wishful thinking).

Songblade

Jan 28, 2011
FFVII: They must still have the 3D models used to make Advent Children - one wouldn't just throw all that away... a lot of the work is already done.

X-WING/TIE FIGHTER/WING COMMANDER 1-4: YES PLEASE. So much potential for epic times (again.) Full HD glory. Orchestrated adaptive music (ie: if your ship has holes in it, you get the "uh oh" music.)

... on the opposite side of the coin, some things were never meant for bigger and better things. Plaque Attack for the Atari 2600 - that'd just be gross if there was more detail.

YazBar

Jun 23, 2010
I can think of some, but I just know they wouldn't live up to the impossible standards in my mind. In that regard, maybe a game that I liked that had some horrible presentation issues like Fallout: New Vegas (yes I know that's too recent), just give it a newer engine to make it less clunky while not dumbing down the core of the game.

I guess I'd like to maybe see Way of the Samurai 1 & 2, not changing ANYTHING other than graphics (not that they matter), giving us the Japanese voice option (or in the case of WotS1, giving us fully voiced cutscenes), and not having the player lose their swords upon death. In other news, WotS4 was a disappointment.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
amaranth_dru said:
Remake: Quest For Glory series... make this a 3rd person RPG, keep the humor and colorful characters and plotlines, but touch it up with some better writing and add-in good voice actors. I really think this would sell well as a large scale hub-world RPG instead of 5 parts... Spielburg, Shapeir, Fricana, Mordavia and Silmaria are all awesome locales worthy of a larger exploration model. Plus Erasmus and Fenris are two of my all time favorite characters.
Id rather just see quest for glory rereleased with a fresh coat of graphics. I think a 3rd person action style would take away some of its charm.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
maconlon439 said:
Here's what I want

Remade:

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine: I liked some of the plot of this game, and some of the puzzles, but I hated that Indy almost never used his fist and only really used his whip to cross gaps.
And fix the Aiming mechanic. You couldn't aim, but indy had to point at a target on his own when he detected them, before you could shoot it. Also, some of the levels had wild animals that would try to kill you but you couldn't kill them. All you could do was shoot into the air so they run away for a short time.

I'm killing enough humans, so how is saving animals making me a better person here?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010

Wooo! Second use of this image on this site today!

I would love to see an HD remake of this game, with an improvement to the graphics...! I will also dig out an old post I made about it and re post it here to further make the point!

EDIT: Here it is:

This guy... Twinsen from Little Big Adventure...​

First of all check out his cool sword!

Not only that... he got the girl! Not only that but he kept her for an enire 2nd game AND she didn't get kidnapped in the second game! NO CLICHE! :p They have a kid too... that's why she is preggers in that pic!

Why else would I be him? Well...

I'd have a MAGIC BALL!
This ball uses his magic power to bounce and damage the enemies... Not only that... but at it's max level, it's flaming!

He also gets to ride a flying dinosaur... yes, it's Dinofly:
Not only that... he talks!

He has a wizards licence:

and a laser gun, a jet pack and a racing car!!

Finally... not only is he the savior of the world... twice... but he also has a crazy casual relationship with god... (Sendel) Noone else can talk to her... but the kids all do crazy songs and dances for her... but Twinsen just chills out and has a chat from time to time! :p

Yes... life would be fantastic on Twinsun...! Friends with a talking turtle, the queen of the Mosquebees (mosquito/bee, not anything to do with islamic worship! :p) and annihalator of the 3 little pigs!

The final little gem that would make me want to be Twinsen is that I would have the PERFECT mouth for a Kit Kat Chunky... and we all know that they are the best choccy bars in the WORLD!

Flutterknight

Jan 7, 2013
I'd really like to see Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen remade, or just a new Ogre Battle game made. Not another one of those irritating grid-based Tactics Ogre beasts either, I want my open, unit based fantasy war game back. >.>

I'll also +1 a remake of the Quest for Glory games, I loved those when I was a kid. ^_^

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
American McGee's Alice. Loved the game when I first played it, somehow lost it and it's really hard to find right now, despite the release of the sequel. Even worse, apparently the original game is included with Madness returns but only for certain platforms/purchasing a certain way. It's obviously still around, so why can't I buy it?

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I've seen this kind of post at least 3 times within the last couple months, and I always say the same things:

A proper Turok reboot
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Another campy story version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted

AITH

Apr 10, 2013
My work computer won't let these pages load properly so I can't quote Vladimir Stamenov but I pretty much came in here to say I'd love a remake of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. Phenominal game and set world despite the bugs and cuts.

Vladimir Stamenov

Nov 8, 2011
Dalisclock said:
American McGee's Alice. Loved the game when I first played it, somehow lost it and it's really hard to find right now, despite the release of the sequel. Even worse, apparently the original game is included with Madness returns but only for certain platforms/purchasing a certain way. It's obviously still around, so why can't I buy it?
An HD rerelease with updated graphics, but with the visual aesthetic of the first game would be amazing!

AITH said:
My work computer won't let these pages load properly so I can't quote Vladimir Stamenov but I pretty much came in here to say I'd love a remake of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. Phenominal game and set world despite the bugs and cuts.
AMEN! You know, if the rights to the game weren't in CCP's hands for the MMO, Obsidian or inXile could make an awsome Vampire or Werewolf game via Kickstarter... Too bad.

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Hey, I can have fun with this topic.

Girl power and rainbow lands.

Samurai Rabbit

Apr 2, 2011
Gladius

Strategy/RPG where you develop a gladiator school in a fantasy alternate ancient Rome. You could have a variety of gladiator types and also mythical creatures like Cyclops, Minotaurs and Yetis!

HD Remake, no need to alter the game, just spruce up the graphics and pop it on Steam or Gamer's Gate.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Remade? I'd enjoy seeing Steambot Chronicles remade, but it'd have to be a hell of an overhaul. That game was amazing to play, and the story was quite good as well! But the dialogue was horrible. I'm pretty sure that there wasn't a single point where a character was moving and talking at the same time.

As for re-release I'd have to say Steambot Chronicles again! I really fucking love that game and would like to have a way to play it without needing to buy another ps2.