Old Games You've Had an Urge to Play Again Recently.

The Sabatouer

Jun 12, 2012
Daget Sparrow said:
Majora's Mask. My opinion says Best. Zelda. EVER.
Mines gotta be Ocarina, I've got MM but I just couldn't seem to get on with it all that well, that was a few years back so it probably decerves another go till I can decided truly which I think is better, from what I played it was enjoyable but I just couldn't seem to progress much.

Thanks for the Welcome Blunderboy

Nyaliva

euclideanInsomniac
Sep 9, 2010
Recently I started remembering a game called 40 Winks for the PlayStation and I've really wanted to replay it since. But what was crazy was that after having this epiphany, seemingly from out of nowhere, a girl I like at work randomly said to me "Hey, did you every play that game on the PS where (commence dialogue describing 40 Winks)?"

I would've said it was fate that we were meant to be together but she'd announced before then that her boyfriend proposed.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Been smashing the Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition on PS2 actually. I fucking loved that game on Original Xbox, I actually bought it on Xbox but the 360 doesn't support it so I had to buy it on PS2 as well.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I just checked GOG and they now have Silent Storm...I know what I am doing for the next few days. Now where is that no panzerklien patch?

johnnybravo

Jun 9, 2012
I always seem to find myself playing through FFX once a year. The story has always really stuck with me so I play through it often to relive it :)

Unfortunately, my PS2 and PS3 and both broken atm so looks like I'm gonna have to find something else to fill my time. Dark Souls it is.

MrGseff

Jun 10, 2009
Been playing Banjo Kazooie as when I got into the Banjo Kazooie franchise, I started at Banjo Tooie so I never got a chance to properly play the first one. Now I am, and am loving it.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Heroes of might and magic 3 for hours and hours and hours, thank you gog for releasing heroes chronicles and destroying my motivation to play any other game for like 6 months.

The Sabatouer

Jun 12, 2012
The first Banjo it brilliant, it has great music throughout and the horror of a level that is... 'Rusty Bucket Bay'. One of the first and definitly most memerable games I played as a kid.

johnnybravo said:
I always seem to find myself playing through FFX once a year. The story has always really stuck with me so I play through it often to relive it :)

Unfortunately, my PS2 and PS3 and both broken atm so looks like I'm gonna have to find something else to fill my time. Dark Souls it is.
Yea I can agree with that, I love reaching the point where you have acess to the Airship and the whole world opens up, best part of that for me was obtaining Anima for the first time. Did you ever play FFX-2?

johnnybravo

Jun 9, 2012
The Sabatouer said:
The first Banjo it brilliant, it has great music throughout and the horror of a level that is... 'Rusty Bucket Bay'. One of the first and definitly most memerable games I played as a kid.

johnnybravo said:

Yea I can agree with that, I love reaching the point where you have acess to the Airship and the whole world opens up, best part of that for me was obtaining Anima for the first time. Did you ever play FFX-2?
Yeah I played FFX-2 and while it was okay I did not care for the characters or story nearly as much as i did with FFX. I agree with you though man i loved finding all the secret summons and getting the ultimate weapons. Take away my man card but the ending still chokes me up to this day.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I pick up and finish Secret of Mana once a year or so.
I also love me some final fantasy 9.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Age of Empires 3. People say the second one is the best, but I haven't played it, so I'll have to make due with the still amazing third one.

The Sabatouer

Jun 12, 2012
johnnybravo said:
The Sabatouer said:

johnnybravo said:

Yea I can agree with that, I love reaching the point where you have access to the Airship and the whole world opens up, best part of that for me was obtaining Anima for the first time. Did you ever play FFX-2?
Yeah I played FFX-2 and while it was okay I did not care for the characters or story nearly as much as i did with FFX. I agree with you though man i loved finding all the secret summons and getting the ultimate weapons. Take away my man card but the ending still chokes me up to this day.
Yea the only one I struggled to get was Wakka's ultimate Blitzball but it was great going off and finding out all these extra things about the game, like Anima and Seymour's Mother.

I tried to complete X-2 100% because I wanted to see the perfect ending without just looking it up on the internet, I'm at around 98% I think, The Sphere Break mini game challenge was tough but that epic monster in the desert just proved too tough for me, that and the bass and the end of the Cacti mini-quest. I like X-2's open feel but yea I think I agree with you that I enjoyed X more. (Hey now it happens to the best of us *Cough* Gears 3 *Cough* just a sign that the story did it's job of getting you truly involved)

Magicite Spring

Apr 15, 2012
I'm currently using my flatmates ps3 for gaming at the moment, and I noticed that he had the original Crash Bandicoot. Since that series was one of my favourites going up I decided to start playing through it again. Its very relaxing to just play a game were you are a bandicoot with a vendetta against all the boxes in the world, especially since I'm playing through Dark Souls at the moment. It gives a nice contrast.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
I reinstalled Need For Speed: Most Wanted over the weekend and I've been having a great time with it - the "acting" and "story" are even worse than I remember them (and I remember them being terrible) but the actual driving and cop chases are just as good as ever :)

Makes me seriously wonder how they managed to screw NFS: Hot Pursuit up so bad :(

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
It's not an old game per say, but I still play Counter-Strike: Source more than I'd like to admit. 1674 hours on Steam clock alone, and (only) 12 hours of it during the past two weeks.

When I get the ache for something nostalgic, it's usually an Amiga game, like Rainbow Islands (or California Games, Rick Dangerous, North & South, etc.), but I very rarely actually get up to the point of playing them. Oh, and Elasto Mania is one of those old awesome classics on PC with a ridiculous amount of time wasted and skills gained in.