Old posts you've made

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Does anyone else (besides me) reread old posts they've made throughout the years? Is it wrong for me to think that I can be really funny sometimes. Sure, I've said some embarrassing things before, but mostly I can stand behind what I've said. And I can actually still laugh pretty hard at myself. Is that narcissistic?

---
"Please watch the entire video before posting." is the "first!" of the anal-retentive...
---
Oh wait... he compared the game to an asbestos and bacon sandwich. I guess that's supposed to sum everything up. Ever.
---
Instead of an interesting plot hook, the Clone War was just... a war in which clones were used as soldiers. I mean, shouldn't we be calling the 4th English Crusade: "The Child War"... or any of our recent wars "The Ongoing Coed War"?
---
If I wanted to work for money I'd get a job. If I wanted to kill annoying yap dogs by shooting lightning from a wooden staff I'd buy Yappy Dog Barbecue 4 for the Xbox.
---
It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I farmed beats...
...and apologized to no one.
---
Dear our fan-base,

We know you like localized games so much that they sell better here than in Japan in a lot of cases, but you can all go get f***ed. What are you going to do: STOP buying the next Mario Kart?

Keep being our bitches,
Nintendo
---
Maybe I'll see you off posting at www.gamingnewsthatignoresgamingevents.com/goingoutofbusiness.php
---

I know some of those were out of context and one might be described as being an inside joke... but I am funny.

Now, I didn't just write this to draw attention to myself. That's only half the reason. I'm also curious as to what everyone else thinks of as their personal best post.

I would love for people to post a list of their own quotes.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I do like to go back and look at my old posts every now and again, but I'm not really a witty person and I tend to lack sense of humour, so normally I go back to see funny responses I have gotten or just conversations I thought were interesting, I don't really think I have anything worth quoting, I mean I have told some stories that I think are funny of stuff that I've done or has happened to me but they aren't really worth quoting, and besides I have already brought up most of them several times, in fact if someone remembers one it's most likely that it was because he read it a couple of times.

Anyway I'm not clever enough to have quotes.

EDIT: Looking through my old posts, how cute when asked the question Pessimist or Optimist I answered pessimist, I must have really not known myself back then, because I'm easily the most optimistic person I know, but I have a very deadpan dry way speaking, so I always sound bored, angry or sarcastic,
OH NO! The car was caught on fire and now all of you're belongings including you're PS3 and you're gaming PC have been destroyed!
Me: Well who cares everybody is all right so nothing important was lost.
You're grandmother's dead why aren't you sad you idiot!
Me: Why would I be sad? I was just remembering all we did together and I'm so happy that I got to know her before she died.
AAAAAHH You're eye it's all burned.
Me: Oh no, my beautiful face it's ruined! Oh well but at least eye-patches are sexy, not to mention I'll look like a pirate.[footnote]This one healed completely, I do still have a scar on that eye but it's from falling to the floor flat on my face, which BTW is a pretty sexy scar, I have no idea why but it kinda looks like a knife wound.[/footnote]

I mean I'm not cheery because I never smile or laugh, but I'm most definitely not a pessimist.

[sub]Will you look at that, quotes have magically appeared, they aren't from forums, but they are quotes, though they may be a little mistranslated, also I forgot to put my favourite real life quote.[/sub]
BTW that would easily be a story that I've actually told here a lot of times, which is that time that I got mugged and just pushed the mugger aside and told him "I have no time for this" and then walked away while mumbling the equivalent of "What a fucking asshole", makes me sound like a total badass, but I really just was in a foul mood.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Maybe not on THIS site, but there's others I've been part of for nearly 10 years (though I've been banned, created a new price, and thus had to find said profile(s)) that I do.

I used to be a HUGE douche bag.

The less posts I find in myspace the better.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Being able to enjoy self-deprecating humour isn't narcissistic at all. It's probably closer to the opposite.

But to answer the question, no I don't read old posts. I don't really have any embarrassing old posts on here anyway. The first post I ever made here was a moderately long one examining the ending of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I can't find the post right now since it's so old, but I don't think my writing style has changed significantly. My vocabulary may have become slightly wider since then and I have learned how to use forum code for this site too. Apart from that I don't think there's any real difference.

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
Can't see why not?
That phrase has gotten me into some hellish situations...
Such as a bin dangerously close to a second storey balcony, but i'll stop there.
My first post. In a thread called "Things you regret saying". According to my memory, I was full of shit.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I only look back on continuing threads (so I can joke around with or talk to other people)
If the thread has died, I usually won't look back at it, unless it's for a topic like this, which asks me to.

I don't think I'm a very funny person, so you won't get any quotes from me.
I'm kind of dark and sarcastic.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I go back and check them every now and then- even when I really should be doing something else. Every now and then I'll see a topic I posted in that sounded so ridiculous I just have to go back there to see what the hell I wrote.

I'll come back and post some quotes, I promise...

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
When I look back over old posts it dawns on me I am a complete and utter moron, so much so I find it quite impressive I've been taught how to use a keyboard.

Reading through my old posts I sound like i'm full of hope and joy and it sickens me, I hate old me and hope he dies.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
I don't have too many posts, so I have gone back and re-read them all a couple of times. Some were embarrassing or caused me to wonder why I bothered posting such a banal thought. Although, I don't post at least half of the posts I type out, so it could have been even more uncomfortable :).

I don't think it's particularly narcissistic. It's akin to reading one of your old journals. It's neat to see how you've changed over time. To my memory, I don't think I make funny posts on this site. So, it's more a matter of seeing where I've been, and comparing that to where I'm going. It's an enjoyable activity to indulge in every year or so.

Post quotes? Umm, right, maybe when I'm off of work. Stay tuned, folks!

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Demon ID said:
Reading through my old posts I sound like i'm full of hope and joy and it sickens me, I hate old me and hope he dies.
Not a fan of happiness are you?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I look back sometimes. Couple of moronic ones, some memorable. There was a thread I made directed towards bronies, asking them why they watched the show in the first place. It's deleted now, but it's what got me into the fandom in the first place.

There was this one post I made in a news thread about Nintendo hosting a slumber party for pre-teen girls.

Ldude893 said:
You fools! Do you know what you've done?!? THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE SEA!

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
It doesn't have to be from the Escapist, this hasn't been my only forum throughout the years....

Oh! Here's one I like:
---
It's a good thing the internet didn't really exist then, because the same people would've been constantly on about how CDs will kill harddrives.
---

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Scrustle said:
Being able to enjoy self-deprecating humour isn't narcissistic at all. It's probably closer to the opposite.

But to answer the question, no I don't read old posts. I don't really have any embarrassing old posts on here anyway. The first post I ever made here was a moderately long one examining the ending of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I can't find the post right now since it's so old, but I don't think my writing style has changed significantly. My vocabulary may have become slightly wider since then and I have learned how to use forum code for this site too. Apart from that I don't think there's any real difference.
I am a huge fan of self-parody both here and in real life. There's something really... warm about it. I don't know how to put it in words really.

I haven't really looked at any of my older posts. I have too many to sort through methinks >.>

EDIT: I guess if it doesn't go over a person's head it could be considered "sincere" humor.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Some of them. Specifically the pun ones, no matter how bad they are. I especially liked everyone's puns from the news story that someone posted about a Bulgarian man going crazy with a blade. And the time I posted a news story about someone named Obi Wan Kenobi involved in a car accident I believe it was. Full of Star Wars puns that one.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I look back and remember how naive I was when answering a question about Capitalism... Posting replies without researching things...

I had a bit of an internet crush on [user]Neonbob[/user] too whereas now we're just cool friends. Used to make a lot more posts with polls... I posted almost exclusively in Off Topic as well. Now I post in Forum Games.

Yeah, I've changed a bit.

Jun 7, 2010
Good god! My grammar was appalling!

Secret world leader (shhh) said:
I hate people who discriminate against gays and i do treat them as equals, i mean, i have a family member who is gay. Really don't care if someone likes the same gender but I get ever so slightly weirded out when i actually see 2 guys kissing, I don't know why, I just do.
Hey 2010 me! You don't know it yet, but you're bisexual! *party blower*

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I only like going back to check Youtube comments where you got the top rated spot, because nothing makes you feel more narcissistic. I had a lot of good comments on my old Youtube account of the same name as this one, but that one got removed by Youtube due to copyright infringements. (They were just Pony videos, all the cool kids were doing it!) Therefore all my comments were taken away as well.

Recently I did get the top spot on this video:

The comment was: "NICE MOVIE! I saw it legitimately at a movie theater!"

See it's funny because you don't see anything but spam for leaked movie sites on trailers anymore so I was making fun of the spam comments...it's uh...yeah...funny...

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I hate people who discriminate against gays and i do treat them as equals, i mean, i have a family member who is gay. Really don't care if someone likes the same gender but I get ever so slightly weirded out when i actually see 2 guys kissing, I don't know why, I just do.
I'm glad to see that, even though you hate them, you can still treat people who discriminate against gays as equals.

Good god! My grammar was appalling!

Hey 2010 me! You don't know it yet, but you're bisexual! *party blower*
Wow... now that's a quote. You sure like to share, don't you? It's fun to think that that's how you introduce yourself at parties: "Hi, I'm 2010 me but now with bisexuality and better grammar *fweeeeee*".

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Scrustle said:
Repeated use of self-deprecating humour borders on the attention whoreism imo since end of the day you're still making the conversation topic revolve around you, but then again my sense of humor doesn't match up to the escapist norm (by the same token, i find repeated use of popular gifs and memes to be very uncreative).

Looking back at older posts, have learnt to be less confrontational and aggressive when presenting opinions, making me a slightly more pleasant poster then when i started out and was new to the whole forum posting business. Still aint as comfy as other users, but least i can emit an opinion on a controversial topic without being needlessly agressive about it, a habit to be fair that was learnt from the posters i was interacting with at the time xD

Also make myself look less of a complete twat when i say something really silly (as recent homeopathy thread proved: tldr version i confused homeopathy with alternative medicine and got swiftly called out on it). So yeh improved posting quality is the main difference between earlier and later posts, aswell as learning to be more tolerant though i still sometimes come off nastier then how i intended.