Oldest game that you played recently.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Actually, I recently went down memory lane and re-played the first game I ever played, Alien Trilogy on PS1. Released in 1995, which is actually also the year I was born.
I didn't realise at the time though that it's actually mildly scary.

Edit: Holy shit. Also turns out Probe (the developer that made it) was based in Cheltenham, which is the town I was born in and is only about 10 minutes away from where I live. WHAT THE HELL MAN?

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
I just reached the end of Donkey Kong 64, the other day. I've also been replaying bits of Conker's Bad Fur Day recently. Been playing Doom a lot, too. It's just so addicting, and totally holds up today!

Zenoss

Mar 22, 2009
just recently ran through Vampire: The Masquerade ? Bloodlines again. 2004, so not super old, but still an incredible game.

Moriim

Jul 12, 2010
Baldur's Gate. I was a toddler when that game released, so I hadn't played it up until this point. I've been hearing amazing things about it since I discovered internet gaming, so when my mom and I found a box of my dad's old games in the garage while we were cleaning, I had to pull out this gem. There's a bunch of good'uns in there, like System Shock 1/2, the original Deus Ex, Tomb Raider 1/2, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, Dungeon Keeper (I actually played this one before), Myst, Rune, and a whole boxload of others.

Back to BG1, I'm getting my ass handed to me and I'm loving it. Switching out discs is a novel experience for me, "Oh you want to enter this zone? Pull out your disc sleeve for the 18th time today."

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"Raptor: Call Of The Shadows" came out in 1994, and still looks excellent and plays better.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
X-COM: UFO Defense. I can do it with six man teams from start to finish. :D

Hit hard, hit fast, duck.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Sarpedon said:
The title speaks for itself. What is the oldest game that you played sometime in the recent past?

For me, I would say a J-RPG for the playstation called Legend of Legaia (1998) that I've been playing.
I'm actually going to start this one up soon. I was big into JRPGs in the PS1 days, but I never got this one. I recently bought it from a retro game store and soon to start playing it.

Chknboy

Sep 10, 2008
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands 1993
When I first played this game I was too young to understand how it works (probably because I was just learning to read). So I made it my summer goal to beat it and so far it's going pretty well.

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
Sarpedon said:
The title speaks for itself. What is the oldest game that you played sometime in the recent past?

For me, I would say a J-RPG for the playstation called Legend of Legaia (1998) that I've been playing.
Oh man, I remember that game. Cool combat system, but I got stuck at the gambling tower place. Also I recall the translation to english being iffy at times.

As to the oldest game I played recently, I got fallout 2 (1998) off of Good Old Games because I'd never played it and everyone tells me it's a classic and must play etc... And now I can't get out of the village without getting murderfaced by lizards. Yeah... Not quite getting the appeal of the game so far.

VoidWanderer said:
Pokemon Snap, but this thread reminds me to get Legend of Dragoon which apparently has hit the PSN
LoD on my PS3?! Thanks for that bit of info! I know what I'm doing when I get home.

Sarpedon

Feb 9, 2011
SaetonChapelle said:
Legend of Dragoon. I still play that game all the time~
Good choice, I have very fond memories of that game. I still have it around here somewhere; my only problem would be tracking down all the disks.