Oldest game that you played recently.

Devin Curry

Nov 22, 2011
Donkey Kong on the Gameboy, well, technically the Virtual console version for 3DS, but everyone knows it is just a rom with an emulator. The gameplay still holds up well and they need more games like this.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
-Sim City 2000 (1993)
-Rise of the Triad (1994)
-Tetris (the original Game Boy version from 1989)

Been having plenty of fun with all three, especially RotT which I'm having a blast with after buying it off of GoG a few weeks ago.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I bought dungeon Keeper 2 on GoG recently, it was only about 1 or 2 pounds. And I think it came out in 1999.

Oh wait, I forgot about the 1989 Tetris on Gameboy classic, damn I love that game.

Skylare

Dec 29, 2011
Sneezeguard said:
Skylare said:
played age of the empires the conquerors best of them in my opinion of the aoe series

briton owns all!!
Never played AoE 2. I've only played; the first one (gold edition so with expansions) which was awesome, age of mythology which i think is one of the best stategy games I have ever played (if you haven't played it find it and buy right it now!), and the 3rd which was kinda disappointing and the interface thingy at the bottom was ugly and took up way too much of the screen.

I've gotta try it some time.

Right now I'm on morrowind with the overhaul mod and it's amazing, though not very well optimized. My computer is decent but the overhaul mod takes it's toll on it, I'm only getting 20-30 fps on it even though it's a 10 year old game that mod takes a lot.
ya i played age of mythology rly one of the best rts in existence but i lost my copy. :( my younger sis rly wants me to get a new one :p prob will!

Gaia ftw :p

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
BehattedWanderer said:
Mother 1, about two months ago. I figure that counts as an old game, since it's older than I am.
You sir/ma'am, rock. I, too, like Earthbound...but I haven't played that in awhile now.

However, I have played Journey to Silius. Unfortunately, it takes me roughly an hour to get past the title screen.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I was playing Baldur's Gate II (2000) again last week. Despite it's age it's still one of the best games I have ever played.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
Chester Rabbit said:
Nightmare Creatures for PS1. All this talk about Diablo got me wanting to play a horror hack and slasher again.
Oh my God, someone else who has played it. I remember whenever I first installed that on the Windows XP after years of not playing it since the Windows 95... my God, it goes at lightning speed!

Eh, what I've played recently aren't all that old. Last night, though it was on an emulator on the PC as I can't find the ruddy scart for the SNES, I was playing 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past', which came out in '91, I think.

Ah, I've fond memories of that game.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, about 10 minutes ago. Still looks quite pretty, although Sam looks like he's being drenched in lube when you step outside in the rain. (I guess it makes sense, given the big black body-condom he wears.)

BenefitEvil

Apr 18, 2012
Buck Roger: Countdown to Doomsday an old SSI gold box rpg. Got to love some old school Advanced D&D rules in the 1994 computer era :)

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Secret of Mana
Booted up my friends snes last week and we play for 6 hours.

Ranylyn

Nov 5, 2010
On an smulator: Super Mario Bros 3 (As I no longer have my old NES)
- Today

On A proper console: Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 2) on a GBA
- 5 days ago

On the actual proper console: Final Fantasy 2 (4) SNES
- 2 weeks ago