Oldest game you recently played?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
so whats the oldest game you played eather recently or semi recently

well some time ago I visited my cousins who own a SNES with lots of games, me and my cousin started playing donkey kong country 3 co-op and got really far in one night (mostley due to the fact he had the uncanny ability to remeber each level and where the bonus items were where as I kept dying) also because I was getting tired I started coming up with songs about all the random crap in the game such as "Riiiiding the spider!!" and "save cave!!! yeah! thats where you wanna go!.."

anyway more recently I started playing theme hospital again, Its still really fun and I love that off beat british humour, its a shame about bullfrog because Id give anything for a seaquel or even a remake

HapexIndustries

Mar 8, 2011
I played Outcast a couple months ago. It was a PC game that came out in 1999 right when 3D accelerators were taking off... but it didn't use 3D acceleration, so it had this weird Voxel technology. It wasn't too ugly. The game was amazing though.

I try to fire up XCOM once a year or so, just to revel in its awesomeness.

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
I was playing Doom II about a week ago. It was released in 1994.

I feel compelled to point of that my Captcha is "Drendea 1994".

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I just recently beat Majora's Mask a week or so ago for about the hundredth time. Though I played it through the Wii. Is that cheating?

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
System shock 2. I kept telling myself I would play it, having been a great fan of bioshock, and I have to say it has spoiled me rotten. I can't go back to bioshock now. The world of system shock is far too weird, wonderful and disturbing. I love shodan, she's one of the few villains I can truly take seriously. Ryan was eccentric, but she has an all too real god complex.

RadioKnight

Jan 12, 2009
I still have a working original NES, with a bunch of cartridges: Blaster Master, Faxanadu, Legacy of the Wizard and a few others, that I play occasionally when I get nostalgic.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Bubble Bobble for the NES (all the way from 1986) via an emulator on my phone.

Pretty much my current go-to game when I'm bored at a store/doctor's office/sports game/etc. and I don't have my DS or PSP with me.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Does the windows 7 version of minesweeper count? Pretty sure its been around since windows 3.1...

Anyhoo, been playing Dungeon Siege 2 in preparation for the new one coming in a couple of months.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
FF7, downloaded it and played it till the end point in the game where you have to decend into the crater to fight the boss.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I played Knights of the Old Republic II in January. And Chrono Trigger in...well, at the beginning of this month. I've been playing through Oblivion. I didn't realize I hadn't played the game yet on my new gamertag. But I only really want to do the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and some Daedric quests and then quit. I'm going totally rogue archer this time (I don't even have a spell beyond the Restoration one you start the game with).

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
BG1 (1998)

Maken Shao (1999, 2001 or 2003, depending on how you want to look at it).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Quest for Glory III: Wages of War. I've been playing through the Quest for Glory series lately. It's fun, but a little slow. Maybe I'm just spoiled by RPGs with quest logs and whatever. Still I'm determined to get through the whole series. Hard to do without consulting GameFaqs though.