Oldest game you recently played?

MrMoustaffa

Oct 3, 2010
Gameboy Wars 3, the precursor to Advanced Wars, translated (terribly) through a rom on my zune HD (yeah I got a gameboy emulator on my zune, big whoop, wanna fight about it?)

It's like 10 years old and was only released in Japan. The only reason I've been playing it is because I couldnt find any other strategy games for Gameboy or in the homebrew Zune Apps websites.

That being said, it has some surprisingly cool ideas strategy wise, and a way more diverse unit selection than some of the newer Advanced Wars games that have come out recently. If it had sound it would be epic, but as it stands right now, its merely a fun timesink for when I dont have a gameboy on hand...

That and the original Doom, amazingly on my Zune as well. Some madman figured out how to fit it and like 3 expansion packs into one package, and then make an entire control scheme for a touch screen. It works ok, but i would much rather have a controller. It really makes me want to play the game on a real computer though...

Now that i think about it, I really should dust off my Super Nintendo and give that thing a whirl, its been sitting around for ages...

Xenetethrae

Nov 19, 2009
Played Dark Cloud 2 days ago. Still haven't got the best weapons for every character and I'm pushing 100 hours.

For clarification, I played the game Dark Cloud. I played it 2 days ago. I also played Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle) 3 days ago, but I thought the origional was better so I stopped.

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
FEAR, circa 2004. Decided to play back through the series not too long ago, so . . . TBH, don't have too much time to play many older titles - I spend too much time modding STALKER :p

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
Pokemon Gold.

Oh how I wish I still had my old cartridge, too bad I ran out the memory function from relentless playing.

weatherfn

Oct 22, 2008
Found my old Pokemon Red and Game Boy, and now I'm readying myself for the Elite Four. Now I'm debating getting a DS and Pokemon Black or White...

Jan 29, 2009
Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries.
I keep it on my flash drive, with DosBox preconfigured to run it when I open it. If I'm bored anywhere with a decent PC, I pop it in and blow up some Inner Sphere barbarians.

killcheese

May 18, 2009
super mario kart for the snes. Showing my friends how its done and that i AM good at some games! They all like halo and i will play it with them but i suck without a mouse and keyboard so they think i suck at games in general.

killcheese

May 18, 2009
weatherfn said:
Found my old Pokemon Red and Game Boy, and now I'm readying myself for the Elite Four. Now I'm debating getting a DS and Pokemon Black or White...
You and me good sir, are in the same boat!

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Xevious a couple of days ago. Doom too. (and I STILL can't find 100% of the level 2 secrets. RaaaaaaaaaaWWWWRRR!!!!) Just kidding. ID's the best, I was playing Wolfenstein just last night and ran into a "secret" (can I call it that if it's in plain sight?) that took me almost 1/2 hour to get. ID has always given me some of the best challenges in games. You can beat their games, but you can't beat their games yeah?