OMFG! CA11 0F DUTY!!!!

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Seriously, we go through this same routine. Every. Single. Time.

Treyarch/Activision announces the next installment of Call of Duty and so it begins...

"Oh my God, this is gonna be so awesome! I can't wait! They're going to fix every problem!"

This has been said for World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, and now Modern Warfare 3. And within a month, it is immediately followed by...

"Dude, this sucks! (Random SMG/AR) is SO overpowered, only noobs use it, man, CoD 4 was SO much better than this!"

Why am I the only one noticing this pattern here?

jacobschndr

Aug 15, 2008
Because, apparently, your the only one who notices those complaints.

Also, everyone plays their own way including noobs, get over it and deal with on your own. Developers arent going to change their plans because people complain about other peoples habits.

delet

Nov 2, 2008

Some new game comes out and people have to complain about people enjoying it.

"Wah! They're so annoying! Why do they like what I don't like?"

This had been done for Halo, Gears, Mass Effect, etc.

Also lots of needless spacing.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
CALL OF TEH DUTEY HAZ THE BESST STORIES GAMEPLAEY MULTIPLAYER AND IZ SO AWESOME I WANT TO MARRY IT.

This is what I hear everyday working at a Gamestop.....serious this is one of the only things that upsets me about modern gaming is that everyone becomes consumed by it. Now I can understand personal taste and opinion but seriously the games are good but they are not masterpieces, they are just a fad from 8-14 year olds who think that strong military men fighing in "realistic" war with violence (Gasp) and swearing (Double Gasp) makes them mature.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Buchholz101 said:
Have you seen the sheer number of "Am I the only one? etc etc Call of Duty" threads. Where are you seeing noone else noticing this?

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Oh, you're not the only one who see's the pattern, you're just one of those special few who chose to complain about it on the forums. Everyone else pretty much has an unspoken understanding that many triple A titles get this kind of rave review by people.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Aby_Z said:

And everytime, there's someone who complain's about the people complaining

And someone will eventually complain about that person and the cycle continues until someone makes a lame inception joke.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
rabidmidget said:
Aby_Z said:

And someone will eventually complain about that person and the cycle continues until someone makes a lame inception joke.

Because its a complaint within a complaint

can we just let it die now?

May 5, 2010
Are. You. Fucking. Kidding me.

Dude, the Call of Duty series is responsible for about 50% of the useless bitching that goes on on this site, and take it from me, that's a LOT of fucking bitching.

Frankly, I wish you all would just shut the fuck up about it. You don't like it, don't play it. I don't like Final Fantasy, but you don't see me making a hate thread every time they announce a new one. That would be a retarded waste of time.

HINT. HINT.

TheFrost

Feb 4, 2011
yeah, and you'd think people had learned by now... I personally have decided not buy COD ever again or at least until they add more content for every title that can fit in a DLC. seriously what new can we expect from MW3 in online multiplayer?
- changeable sights
- 2- 3 new weapons?
- a few maps and 3 DLC packs with copy pasted ones from previous games?
- (mostly) renamed perks, perhaps 1- 2 new ones
- renamed killstreaks predator missile is now reaper missile etc.
so the only games I'll get this fall will be Battlefield 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations sadly the AC series are being produced yearly now as well. we'll see how that game plays out. I recommend all of you reading this do this too. Don't buy COD buy BF instead, even if you don't like the series/ don't want to play it. to send a message to Activision that we want some proper games that took more than 2 years to make!

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
Because Call of Duty is a lot of the same, go here shoot this guy, do this quick time event, man that turret, mission complete. It's just shooting in different settings with different graphics. The online? Play any online match play them all, though the social experience is quite enjoyable though. You're noticing a pattern because it is a pattern.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Yes, you're also the only person on this forum caring about anything to do with Call of Duty. Btw you've missed the point. COD can be fun online. For about a week. Then everyone learns the maps and finds the best place to camp and shoot Grenade Launchers up into the air and thus gaming is set back about 5 years...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Krion_Vark said:
rabidmidget said:
Aby_Z said:

Because its a complaint within a complaint

can we just let it die now?
It's like Inception, only with cynics!
OP, you're never the only one.