One-Fifth of PS3 Owners Are Eyeing the Exit

William Thompson

Mar 26, 2010
If anything I'll switch to PC gaming, but never the 360, but I won't do neither cause games I play are only on PS3, and PC gaming is expensive. And I'm not rich

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I have both consoles and after favouring the 360 for a while I have started to like playing my PS3 more and this fuck up won't change my mind, being able to play Portal 2 with my friends who have bought it on the PC is helping :p

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I can understand and I feel sorry for ps3 owners, especially for people who lost a lot of data. The PS3 has just been a mountain of problems for Sony and it will be interesting if they intend to create another console or if this will be their last

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
I think I'd be a lot more pissed if netflix stopped working, but it still does so as someone who rarely mutliplayers, I am really not affected. New card in the mail, change a password or 3. Whatever.

If you own a computer you should be careful of identity theft. This is just a reminder.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
BDNeon said:
This PSN downtime has mostly been a great excuse to jump into my backlog of PS2 games anyway. No internet required for anything, no trophies, no multiplayer, just good wholesome fun.
This! I miss the days of no console networks to sign in on, its fire up the old PS2 and enjoy excellent single player action or get on the EA network and have fun with Burnout or get on Battlefront 2 and just have fun with CTF there.
*sighs* Good times...
Sometimes I think the internet both helped and destroyed our experience.

I haven't considered trading in for a 360, I do however have plans to get a 360 when I get the excess funds aside from current living (and the seas of time be rough, yar). So, I'm sticking with the PSN, gonna change my formation. Won't do anything with my card because its a debit card, when I want to make a purchase I just transfer the funds from savings into checking and hit buy.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Sinclose said:
Yopaz said:
Sinclose said:
Easton Dark said:
I'm betting they were already going to switch. Heck, PSN has been down for over a week and I'm still enjoying my PS3 just as much thanks to a thing called Single-Player that apparently many gamers are not familiar with.
I don't get how so many gamers seem to be completely handicapped from gaming once their connection or a server gets down. C'mon people, there are so many awesome single player centric games and modes out there, especially in the PS3 exclusives, have fun!
Well, if you look in the box where it says Most commented you will find an article about what happened to private info in the process. All of it stolen? Yeah, losing multiplayer might not be a big deal to all of them, losing your money to a hacker is more serious.
I agree completely. However my comment was directed at the many, many users who are basically complaining that 'they can't play anything as long as PSN is down bring it back sony plz :('

I understand the concerns about personal info being compromised, I'm not blaming the people worrying about that, I'm talking about the account holders who care more about having something to play than anything else concerning the situation at the moment.
In that case I have to agree with you 100%, I play mostly singleplayer, and mostly local multiplayer. Quitting because the multiplayer has had problems for a short period of time does seem stupid.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the biggest video-game related fuck-up catastrophe ever?

I kind of pity Sony. I feel like this might severely damages their chances at doing any good in future console races.
well as i said earlier, RROD was maybe equal, but that's up to the individual

ishist

Jul 6, 2010
I own a PS3, my Wife owns an Xbox 360, out children have a Wii, and I spent ~$4500 building this PC. If I had to choose a console (which I usually would not) it would be the PS3. It's more powerful, the media storage is better, it has better exclusives, and they don't try to extort money from me to use it online. I also don't store sensitive information on my consoles or PC so all that happened was I lost access to the online features of a console.

Also the Xbox 360 controller feels like a partially deflated beach ball, while the PS3 controller fits snugly in my hands.

Xbox has not gained a convert in me, but only until the next gen consoles come out, then we'll see. ( Not Really, I'm still a PC Gamer)

Edit: Also the Xbox Live interface feels like one of those annoyingly bloated flash websites whereas the PS3 interface is slim and efficient. I turn on my consoles to play games not to flip through 37 of their most annoying Ads before being forced to download a trailer for a romantic comedy before it'll allow me to play my game.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
I only just got myself a PS3 a few months ago. Im not tossing that money out the window for another console over this.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Sgt. Sykes said:
And when Microsoft also gets a security breach like that, will everyone consider switching to PC gaming? Yay.
Why would they do that? If anything they will switch to another console. PC gaming is not going to get a boost from this. Well maybe farmville will.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
*Waves to deserters*

Bye-bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

*Looks back at Sony*

It's mine! MINE! ALL MIIIINE!!! MWA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!!

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
bombadilillo said:
Sgt. Sykes said:
And when Microsoft also gets a security breach like that, will everyone consider switching to PC gaming? Yay.
Why would they do that? If anything they will switch to another console. PC gaming is not going to get a boost from this. Well maybe farmville will.
Farmville won't, lol, the people who play Farmville aren't really the ones on the PSN.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Sinclose said:
Yopaz said:
In that case I have to agree with you 100%, I play mostly singleplayer, and mostly local multiplayer. Quitting because the multiplayer has had problems for a short period of time does seem stupid.
Well seems we're in agreement over the whole thing then! :)

I love single player and hate how so many gamers seem to believe that-based purely on gaming merit-they might as well discard their console if the online service goes down for some time, ignoring the game catalog of the system and the single player merits of those games.
Well the trend, THAT I HATE, is for a 5 hour token single player and foucs on multiplayer. If they had proper single player campaigns who would complain? I guess its just a difference of opinion. I just like singleplayer.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
zehydra said:
bombadilillo said:
Sgt. Sykes said:
Farmville won't, lol, the people who play Farmville aren't really the ones on the PSN.
Lol, yeah, I just meant COD fanatics will go play some browser games for a bit and then go back to COD. There not going to switch to hardcore PC gaming.