One-Fifth of PS3 Owners Are Eyeing the Exit

Davy McGee

Apr 28, 2011
yeah this sucks that it happened but i will be sticking with my ps3, after all they tell you it "only does everything" (except play ps2 games) i guess that would have to include identity theft.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
HankMan said:
Master Chief
http://s.lowyat.net/uploads//attach-80/post-77480-1218891739_thumb.jpg
WANTS YOU
To buy an Xbox 360
[HEADING=3]KRATOS[/HEADING]

[HEADING=2]WANTS YOU [/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]TO BUY A PS3
AND EAT MORE CARROTS[/HEADING]​
I like my ps3, and have no intention of getting a 360. Already have a Wii, PS3, and decent PC. I don't need another console, when only one game series (halo) really interests me.
*goes back to play Might And Magic/Fancy Pants Adventure
Oh, and it's my blu(e?)-ray player. I seem to have a lack of HDDVDs though...

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
ssgt splatter said:
Maybe Microsoft did it.
*bum bum buuuuuum*
XD HA! Just kidding.
Oh God now I'm picturing a world where the console wars have gone from being a pathetic imaginary idea nerds talk about to genuine open warfare between the big three.

Also - how many of that 20% are actually going to follow through with it if they don't have any mysterious credit charges and PSN is back up stronger than ever? I'd say about 10-20% and that's being generous. So 20% of 20% is 4% of a fraction of their total market... that's not one fifth guys.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
bombadilillo said:
Ubermetalhed said:
God the journalism here is shit.

1/5th of playstation users in the US? Apparently 41 percent of 2132 people equal the entire number of PS users in the US. And 21 percent of that are considering a switch.

I suck at maths but I reckon that means roughly 183 are considering a switch. 183 = 5th of PS users in the US who are 'eyeing the exit'. Seriously this article is actually retarded.
You sir need to take a statistics class. You'd be suprised at how sample size works.
There is no way this is representative of all users in the United States. The amount of variables in picking the sample are ridiculous. The sample is also ridiculously small.

Anyone who takes these results as some form of fact are idiots.

blind_dead_mcjones

Oct 16, 2010
oh the Drama, and the kneejerk reactions that come with them, mind you some of language used by the group that held the survey do not help

"As a video gamer myself, this data theft is especially worrying and I'm not altogether surprised that Sony are likely to see an exodus to console competitors"

exodus? this guy makes it sound like its a religion

"It's clear that gamers across the country have decided that this failing is enough to switch their allegiances to the console's closest rival."

i thought we were over this petty brand loyally/console war BS...

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Awesome, maybe time to upgrade to a PS3 if they decide to put prices down to get more people.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
randomrob said:
I'm sticking with my Ps3 because I still think its the superior console and that isn't changed because some douchebag hackers compromised PSN.

Disclaimer: The above is my OPINION so if you disagree, please feel free to not tell me all about it.
pretty much this.

Besides, Sony has Persona, and I will not be losing my SMT games. I've also got too much work in mine, and cant go to a microsoft console anyway. Made a solemn promise I would never go back.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Eh, the only thing I know is that I won't be buying another Sony console, not because of this shit, but because they're not worth the cash anymore

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
F-I-D-O said:
I like my ps3, and have no intention of getting a 360. Already have a Wii, PS3, and decent PC. I don't need another console, when only one game series (halo) really interests me.
*goes back to play Might And Magic/Fancy Pants Adventure
Oh, and it's my blu(e?)-ray player. I seem to have a lack of HDDVDs though...
I totally agree. I would like to play the halos, but halo 2 sucked major balls, plus my xbox just dide a slow glitchy death + bluray made me go ps3 and theres nothing making me want to switch.

Ainsley Bartlett

Apr 27, 2011
AstylahAthrys said:
Ainsley Bartlett said:
AstylahAthrys said:
Ainsley Bartlett said:
NeedAUserName said:
Its hardly surprising, the PS3 was never looked upon as the superior console in comparison to the 360 (either equal or weaker),
I'd be very interested in seeing your reasoning for that.

PS3 had a blueray drive, a greater hard drive capacity built in, Recharable controllers and wireless connectivity all as standard. When the 360 was released it didn't have any of that. While I'll accept the programming language is meant to be easier for programmers to use, I think the other aspects more that make up for programming u=issues which don't really affect the end user. I know you can get wireless/recharable now for the xbox, but when it came out you couldn't and the hard drive was an external attachment.
Except it did come with wireless controllers, the hard drive still came with it with little reason to detach and when the 360 first came out 20 gigs was plenty. Only reason we need more now is because the 360 has added so much content since launch. Please don't shoot your mouth off if you don't know the facts. We also don't have crazy install times which is a plus.

I have nothing against the PS3. Honest. I wanted one badly before all of this happened.
Actually, I said rechargable controllers. I know the xbox had wireless controllers on release, but you had to buy batteries (big woop, I know, but when you run out of batteries early in the morning it's frustrating) frequently. 20 gig hard drive wasn't standard, you had to buy a separate external hard drive where as sony built there's in.

Like I said, I'd be interested in the reasons for saying it was inferior...
If the hard drive wasn't standard why did my launch 360 come with one in the box?
I'll be honest, I'm going from memory here, but I thought the 20 gig hard drive was an option available at launch, but not standard with basic console. I may be wrong, and if so I apologise, You may have opted for this, I don't know. I got my xbox second hand from my brother, but I'm sure I remember him paying extra for the hard drive.

Maybe I'm misremembering, I couldn't in all honesty say...

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
Not surprised that they're leaving the PS3. I am surprised that they think xbox is the solution.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
I'm not going to ditch PS3, that's for sure. I don't have cash to buy another console like X360, and I like the prospects of the future exclusives they have to offer (InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, The Last Guardian, whatever will come next from Quantic Dream etc.), so I'm not going to sell it either.

I'm not mad at Sony for the breach, I just changed my e-mail password, and that was the entire danger on my side. I'm just tired of the news piling up about all of this. Please, just fix that damn mess, so I can finally buy and play Mortal Kombat online, mkay? :)

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
Once in 11 years is actually a fucking good run.
I actually would agree with that. Sony pissed off Anon...no one gets up from that and gets to walk strait for a week.

On the other hand, one could say that Sony brought this on themselves. You do NOT fuck with people who put Linux on their PS3s.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
AC10 said:
Jump on to PC instead!
You know you want to ;)
Nah. A lot of PS3 owners are JRPG fans...and PC never gets any JRPG love at all. The last major title it has was...Last Remnant? In all it's mediocrity.

360 gets a fair bit of JRPG love, though.

OT:

I jumped to Sony. I'm not jumping back to MS.

I can't even message people with my "free" account now. Fucking bullshit.
360 gets half love.
PS3 gets full love and extras.

I'll go cry now, being a 360 owner.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
HankMan said:
Master Chief
http://s.lowyat.net/uploads//attach-80/post-77480-1218891739_thumb.jpg
WANTS YOU
To buy an Xbox 360
bummer for him in my case then eh?

keeping my PS3 (trade in value sucks, i checked) sides, if i got rid of it, I'd have to buy a new blu-ray player >.> I'm not good with my moneys, but I'm not THAT stupid ... >.>;; most the time. sides theres still games I'd like to get for the thing, and since i didn't download any updates for it in >.> like 6 months or so (never online with it), i can always just say 'no' to what ever new ToS they got :p future problems solved

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Well, not really something that makes me consider replacing my PS3. At least not based on the current info.

...though I might replace my credit card just in case.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the biggest video-game related fuck-up catastrophe ever?
not quite, there was the game industry crash of 1983, which had the Atari game ET be part of the cause. even back then to have a single game be part of the industry crash must of been a big fuck up.

also they say that the game was so poor at selling that they burried thousands of the unmoved stock in the Nevada desert, would like to go searching for that some day. :D