One War to kill them all

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
First of all sorry if this thread has been done I did use the search button under "best war" and "best game war" and only found stuff about WoW and CoD:WaW.

What do you think is the best war that has ever been used in a game? I'm not talking about real wars or anything (but if you feel that one of the many,many,many iterations of WWII is particulary good then feel free) but things like say, The 3rd Azerothian War in Warcraft 3 or whatever the name is of the war that takes place in the Halo trilogy, things like that.

Also I know this thread would work well with a poll but I'm a fantasy fanboy and one would probably lead to me being called biased.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Oh yeah I forgot to add my one! probably if the lore behind ever develops properly then the 4th Azerothian War(started in a WOTLK quest) would be epic.

Reqium

Jan 9, 2009
i liked the Universe at War: Earth Assault war, i myself never got to play, but from what i heard, it was epic

Healey

Apr 14, 2008
Possibly the 2 Hour War noted in the Fallout series. It's scarily realistic (well, not including the whole alternate-universe thing) and has a large degree of mystery to it - you never know you fired first. In short, it was a perfect war in that it illustrated the foolishness and aggression of humanity causing it's own end.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Michael_McCloud said:
The great war of the 41st Millennium.

/thread
Sarcasm, I'll play along what game is this from? (if it is actually from a game I am willing to /facepalm myself with a brick in shame)

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
I was playing Half Life 2: episode 2 the other day and heard Alyx mention the 7 Hour War. Was this something from the original Half Life? Because I never played it.

swift tongued

Nov 13, 2007
The Crusades from assasin's creed. I love sneak stabbing those honkies with crosses on their chests. Odd considering that I'm white and Russian Orthodox myself...

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
stormcaller said:
Michael_McCloud said:

/thread
Sarcasm, I'll play along what game is this from? (if it is actually from a game I am willing to /facepalm myself with a brick in shame)
Sarcasm, haven't you heard about the word? It's Warhammer! End sarcasm.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
4thegreatergood said:
stormcaller said:
Michael_McCloud said:

/thread
Ahh, so that's why it is WH40K. Ok what kind of brick?

(note my ignorance is due partially due to the fact I'm with Blizzard on the whole Warcraft=Warhammer, Startcraft=WH40k thing)

Healey

Apr 14, 2008
mydogisblue said:
I was playing Half Life 2: episode 2 the other day and heard Alyx mention the 7 Hour War. Was this something from the original Half Life? Because I never played it.
It apparently happened soon after Gordon entered his suspended animation, so it was between Half-Life 1 and 2.

fluffylandmine

Jul 23, 2008
swift tongued said:
The Crusades from assasin's creed. I love sneak stabbing those honkies with crosses on their chests. Odd considering that I'm white and Russian Orthodox myself...
As troubling as that may be, your avatar calmed me down.

For me? Oh I'd say the one in operation flashpoint.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
stormcaller said:
4thegreatergood said:
stormcaller said:
Michael_McCloud said:

/thread

(note my ignorance is due partially due to the fact I'm with Blizzard on the whole Warcraft=Warhammer, Startcraft=WH40k thing)
Rofl, what? Dude, it's long been established that Warhammer came first o.0 I mean, I'm no rabid fan boy of either, but that's a fact.

How's about the 7 hour war in which the Combine subjugated humanity?

Or the 7 Day war in which Israel kicked EVERY neighbouring countries' asses in self defence before forcing them to sue for peace? Oh wait, that one actually happened, my bad...

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Ok I've got the brick (proceeds to mutitlate face)

"tehydd uh htuh mmmmmsef urd nof?"

(Stormcaller's Translator)
"Did I hit myself hard enough?"

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Wicky_42 said:
stormcaller said:
4thegreatergood said:
stormcaller said:
Michael_McCloud said:

/thread

Rofl, what? Dude, it's long been established that Warhammer came first o.0 I mean, I'm no rabid fan boy of either, but that's a fact.

How's about the 7 hour war in which the Combine subjugated humanity?

Or the 7 Day war in which Israel kicked EVERY neighbouring countries' asses in self defence
before forcing them to sue for peace? Oh wait, that one actually happened, my bad...

I know but it's the whole "They just ripped it off!" Okay so the first one or two games may have been similar but especially with the Warcraft franchise I think they've differed themselves enough to have everyone shut up already.