Operation Crowbar!

Papopapo456

Nov 19, 2008

It is time to raise the crowbars my comrades. The plan is to send Valve as many crowbar related things as possible. We shall not stop until Valve is up to their nipples in crowbars.....or when the cease and desist orders come.

VALVe's been silent about Half-Life for 4+ years and it is time to pry it from them.
(Crowbar pun, we are not trying to force Valve's hand just show unrest)

-.Ways you can help us:
You can send a real crowbar to Valve!

Buy one from Amazon: They're pretty cheap! (around 7 dollars)

Postal address
PO BOX 1688
Bellevue, WA 98009

Dont forget Sending us your order confirmation picture!

Theres only a simple rule
Dont add notes to your crowbar order.
Just send a picture. Dont write anything.
We must be silent. Just like Valve

(Official logo by geckpeppers: http://jayfordgraphics.deviantart.com/ )
Steam Group Link ---> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/operationcrowbar
Now on reddit ---> http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/o45id/oper%CE%BBtion_crowbar/
9gag ---> http://9gag.com/gag/1560755/?add_post=success
Facepunch ---> http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1153028
Steam User's Forums (Original Thread) ---> http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2460658

EDIT: Removed the amazon link. The person who originally posted it on SPUF (Username: Slendy) put a reference in the link, so he would gain (probably) a commision on the sales. Sorry if it caused any trouble to you guys.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I don't care that much but I will be amused if I hear about this later. If Valve gets several thousand, they may get the message... XD

Papopapo456

Nov 19, 2008
Redlin5 said:
I don't care that much but I will be amused if I hear about this later. If Valve gets several thousand, they may get the message... XD
People have sent over 30 crowbars as of now. And they should arrive between today and tomorrow. Valve's reaction will be very funny indeed.

Papopapo456

Nov 19, 2008
Fieldy409 said:
Thats awesome. Valves going to have crowbars with nothing to do with them!
I personally think they'll melt them and build a throne for Gabe. Very "A song of ice and fire-esque"

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
I can't wait for someone to misconstrue the crowbars as a death threat...the laughs I shall have will be many.

Feb 9, 2011
Haha, that is awesome. I would totally do this if I wasn't so strapped for cash right now from moving in the next few weeks. I hope this leads to some funnies. XD

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Have you posted this on all the big internet sites as well? I really hope this comes up in the news later this week/next week...it's such a good idea.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Fuck that, if I buy a crowbar I'm keeping it! It's an awesome weapon AND in it's useful in case of a zombie apocalypse.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
That is really quite funny! I may contribute later!

Oh, and if the international postage is a lot, send it directly to them as a gift... It won't sent them the bill or anything like that, it will just send them the product... And if you get it from the US amazon, you won't have to pay international shippiing!

Elementary - Dear Watson

Nov 9, 2010
Done! Sounds like a great reverse publicity stunt! Have you notified any papers or media devices? Start with places like here, and some of the popular gaming sites... IGN and Gamespot, and see if they will cover it!

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
MasochisticAvenger said:
Sorry, this just seems like bullying to me and, quite honestly, more than a little petty.
How is it bullying? It's cute, and apt. They're just sending pictures of crowbars, remember.

...at least I fucking hope they're just sending pictures ._.'

EDIT: Ooookay! So they're sending real crowbars! Well, I'm sure they can deal with it, and it's still a cute concept, but if they get thousands of crowbars in the mail, well... eek.

It's not petty though. It's just jesting, and fun. Valve has a good relationship with their fans. I'm sure they'll understand where this comes from. But... uh, yeah, it could get pretty bad. If nothing else, US mail is going to be dealing with a ton of very heavy "return to senders" items...

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
Andy of Comix Inc said:
MasochisticAvenger said:
Sorry, this just seems like bullying to me and, quite honestly, more than a little petty.
How is it bullying? It's cute, and apt. They're just sending pictures of crowbars, remember.

EDIT: Ooookay! So they're sending real crowbars! Well, I'm sure they can deal with it, and it's still a cute concept, but if they get thousands of crowbars in the mail, well... eek.

It's not petty though. It's just jesting, and fun. Valve has a good relationship with their fans. I'm sure they'll understand where this comes from. But... uh, yeah, it could get pretty bad. If nothing else, US mail is going to be dealing with a ton of very heavy "return to senders" items...
It's harrassing someone simply because they aren't giving you what you want. Tell me how that is not bullying. Also, I hate to tell you but "we're just doing it in fun" or "it's only a joke" are classic excuses bullies use to justify their actions.

As you said, Valve has a good relationship with their fans, but that has to work both ways. This stunt just shows that the fans who do this don't give two shits about Valve as a company, and only care about them when they're releasing games they want. I mean does anyone really thinkg Valve is intentionally holding back Half-Life just to be dicks about it?

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
This seems like harassment and it's going to cost Valve significantly in hassle and money to dispose of the crowbars.

Bad idea, slightly illegal.

It also seems like a scheme, either by the people who make the crowbars to sell more or in the hope that people won't black out their name/address on the confirmation emails to commit the weirdest data-mining I've ever heard of.

Elementary - Dear Watson

Nov 9, 2010
MasochisticAvenger said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
MasochisticAvenger said:

Nope, read the original post again. It quite clearly says to send a real crowbar to Valve. Still even if it was just pictures, it would still be bullying. It's harrassing someone simply because they aren't giving you what you want. It's not funny, it's not cute, it's just harrassment.
Not if it gets the right publicity, and the intentions are clearly stated... Which the OP did!