Operation Crowbar!

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
Actual said:
This seems like harassment and it's going to cost Valve significantly in hassle and money to dispose of the crowbars.

Bad idea, slightly illegal.
And, ironically, it's going to cause them to spend time dealing with this crap they could be using to work on the next Half-Life... or whatever great game Valve is going to release next. It's just a poorly thought out stunt concocted by a sense of entitlement, in my opinion.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Hamish Durie said:
what colour crowbar should i send.......
If you can find cheap red one you are a better man than I! I couldn't find one on amazon at all, and its not easy for me to buy from across the pond!

bahumat42 said:
Actual said:
This seems like harassment and it's going to cost Valve significantly in hassle and money to dispose of the crowbars.

Bad idea, slightly illegal.
its a prank
and to dispose of them?
give them to employess
voila solution.
I hope they do something entertaining with them! Like someone suggested, build a throne... Or they could fassion them into a monument resembling a valve... A valve made of crowbars...!

But they are a lot more creative than me, it would be awesome if they did something funny with them in return!

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Um, hello? ValvE hasn't been silent about Half Life. In fact, they just kind of publicly said "No, no Half Life 3. Team Fortress 2 content and CS:GO. So shut up about it."

So yeah. Shush. Consider HL3 DOA.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
While you are looking for crowbars, can you find my respect for this idea, it seems to have vanished?

JC Denton might know.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
How about just mailing the price of what you'd pay for a crowbar instead. You know, to fund the development of the game?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Vicarious Reality said:
Tat's ilarious
And sligtly illegal
But wat isn't tese days

I i only adn't used all my money
You're terrible English hurts my head.

I think people should give up on HL3. Why? Because Gabe Newell ate it a long time ago and he isn't giving it back till the Portal and L4D games along with the goddamn TF2 hat store stop making money.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
This is awesome

Hm. I'm pretty poor right now but I might be able to stretch about 8 dollars for a used crowbar (Y)

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
As much as I'm generally for a fan base showing their love for a franchise through collective efforts of some kind, especially jokey petitions to the devs, I have to say I find this one a bit heavy-handed. It just comes off as an act of obnoxious cruelty by a bunch of self-entitled bullies.

Pandaman1911 said:
Um, hello? ValvE hasn't been silent about Half Life. In fact, they just kind of publicly said "No, no Half Life 3. Team Fortress 2 content and CS:GO. So shut up about it."

So yeah. Shush. Consider HL3 DOA.
Um...no, that's not at all what they said. They said there's no Half-Life 3 ARG in the works. There's quite a difference between saying "No HL3" and "No current HL3 ARG". My guess is you saw that recent article here on the escapist and only read the title. Sensationalist news coverage at it's finest.

CS:GO isn't the only thing they have slated for release this year either. DOTA 2 hits before long and they've already said they're going to be making a big appearance at E3. Whether their "we'll be showing off something with a 3 in it" is true remains to be seen.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Papopapo456 said:
Fieldy409 said:
Thats awesome. Valves going to have crowbars with nothing to do with them!
I personally think they'll melt them and build a throne for Gabe. Very "A song of ice and fire-esque"
Nah, the Seven Hour War will probably happen because our unseen alien overlords are angry at the lack of Episode Three, so they'll have to use them to defend themselves from the intergalactic army that descends upon us.

A guy can dream, anyway...

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
What if they need a crowbar to open their crowbars! Then what will they do!

Also I don't see what any of this will accomplish, it will probably be just a a few pictures of gabe with crowbars or something.

Papopapo456

Nov 19, 2008
ToastiestZombie said:
What if they need a crowbar to open their crowbars! Then what will they do!

Also I don't see what any of this will accomplish, it will probably be just a a few pictures of gabe with crowbars or something.
Something I would be very happy with! Really, this is nothing more that doing something silly and fun. I'm pretty sure VALVe will find this funny, and that's all we want. Some reactions. If we DO get info it would be incredible. We want to show commitment as a fanbase and make a tangible demonstration of our long wait.

To the people that find this a bit heavy-handed: I reckon it would be... if we were dead serious. Which we are not! So relax, it's true that is a silly way of spending money, but we as gamer spend a lot more in entertainment. We have no intentions to bully either VALVe or the post service workers (although fitting over 40 crowbars in PO box is quite an impossible challenge)

Papopapo456

Nov 19, 2008
TLS14 said:
Papopapo456 said:
Fieldy409 said:
Thats awesome. Valves going to have crowbars with nothing to do with them!
I personally think they'll melt them and build a throne for Gabe. Very "A song of ice and fire-esque"
Nah, the Seven Hour War will probably happen because our unseen alien overlords are angry at the lack of Episode Three, so they'll have to use them to defend themselves from the intergalactic army that descends upon us.

A guy can dream, anyway...
We are also arming them for an apocalypse! See, it's a fun idea. When they survive the hordes of transhuman soldiers and synths, they'll remember their patient and dedicated fans.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
MasochisticAvenger said:
Sorry, this just seems like bullying to me and, quite honestly, more than a little petty.
Bullying... how? Its banter.

OT: Actually a funny idea. Hopefully it'll distract people from whining about Episode 3 whilst they're tracking their crowbar delivery.

Papopapo456

Nov 19, 2008
Carboncrown said:
This has my offical support.

[sub]You know, in spirit.[/sub]
[sub]If you want, you could tweet using #operationcrowbar[/sub]
Hope you have fun then!

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
I fail to see how this is petty or creepy. It's just a dedicated community coming together and having some fun. Nothing wrong with that.

I doubt that a billion-a-year company like Valve is seriously going to be negatively affected by a little crowbar spam, especially since it's all in support of one of their products.