Operation: Goliath (N7 Challenge weekend)

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
Tuesday Night Fever said:
eventhorizon525 said:
Despite having completed multiple extractions (on silver, as per requirements), didn't get a single commendation pack, though it was gleeful to hand me my (rather crappy) victory pack.

Anyone else have that experience?

And before anyone says it, yes my online feedback thing was online.
Yeah, had the same thing. When I first logged in I just had the Victory Pack. I got my Commendation Pack about an hour after the 5pm PST start time. I think they said it could take up to four hours, and that you'd have to re-open the game for it to be in the store.

Hopefully you get yours soon!
Thanks, not that I expect anything to replace my trusty phalanx at this point (thing has gotten me through my fair share of golds).

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
I got the Hurricane from the Commendation pack, and a Carnifex Upgrade for the Victory pack. The SMG I now carry on my Drell Vanguard/Adept modded with the Increased Thermal Clip and the Heat Sink, so I have 72 rapid fire shots, and a 25% chance per shot to ignore losing that shot, I must be killing the servers with how much it has to determine for that SMG... But that Carnifex will continue to be ignored...Stupid pack >.>

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
tendaji said:
But that Carnifex will continue to be ignored...Stupid pack >.>
The Carnifex actually isn't that bad. A few days ago I experimented a bit with one of my Infiltrators. I spec'd the Tactical Cloak for melee damage rather than Sniper Rifle damage, took an SMG and a Carnifex (modded with Scope V/Extended Barrel V), and used the Carnifex as a makeshift semi-auto sniper rifle. It actually performed reasonably well on Silver, though I doubt I'd use it like that on Gold.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
tendaji said:
I got the Hurricane from the Commendation pack, and a Carnifex Upgrade for the Victory pack. The SMG I now carry on my Drell Vanguard/Adept modded with the Increased Thermal Clip and the Heat Sink, so I have 72 rapid fire shots, and a 25% chance per shot to ignore losing that shot, I must be killing the servers with how much it has to determine for that SMG... But that Carnifex will continue to be ignored...Stupid pack >.>
I was hoping for the Hurricane, I got the Crusader though. Not a bad little shotgun. Fires SUPER accurate.

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
Just had the thought, has anyone tried out the hurricane with a turian solider? I imagine that +stability could make that something quite (reliably) lethal. Even if it does turn about to be nice, still would have preferred the pistol over getting it.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
eventhorizon525 said:
Just had the thought, has anyone tried out the hurricane with a turian solider? I imagine that +stability could make that something quite (reliably) lethal. Even if it does turn about to be nice, still would have preferred the pistol over getting it.
That's precisely why I wanted the Hurricane. But I'm not hating the Crusader right now.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Got the shitastic shotgun, at least it wasnt the shitty gun or the shitty SMG

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
boag said:
Got the shitastic shotgun, at least it wasnt the shitty gun or the shitty SMG
I kinda like the Crusader, was hoping for the Hurricane to be honest. It's amazing if you put it on the Turian Soldier.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
tendaji said:
The Carnifex actually isn't that bad. A few days ago I experimented a bit with one of my Infiltrators. I spec'd the Tactical Cloak for melee damage rather than Sniper Rifle damage, took an SMG and a Carnifex (modded with Scope V/Extended Barrel V), and used the Carnifex as a makeshift semi-auto sniper rifle. It actually performed reasonably well on Silver, though I doubt I'd use it like that on Gold.
Well I use the Talon, I've learned to love that Pistol Shotgun. It's so awesome to use.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
tendaji said:
tendaji said:
Well I use the Talon, I've learned to love that Pistol Shotgun. It's so awesome to use.
The Talon was my first N7 weapon. I wish I could find more instances to use it...

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
Jitters Caffeine said:
tendaji said:
The Talon was my first N7 weapon. I wish I could find more instances to use it...
Well I use it on my Asari Adapt and occasionally the Quarian Engineer for the most part, but I found that it is quite the satisfying weapon. The clip size is small but when you have your Stasis bubble, you put that up charge towards it, fire one shot at the head and insta death seeing as it's basically taking a katana shotgun and putting it against someone's head.