Operation: Goliath (N7 Challenge weekend)

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Looks like Bioware is really wanting to support the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer:

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/n7-challenge-weekend-kicks-off-this-weekend-in-mass-effect-3/

I'm really hoping that things like this become kind of common with the Multiplayer. Given how the multiplayer progression is set up, seems entirely plausible that they could do challenges like this and give people special "packs" to unlock normally unobtainable weapons and items.

EDIT: If anyone would like to play some multiplayer, but is tired of TERRIBLE randoms in their squads, look me up on XboxLive. Gamertag is Lagrad Gribble.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I look forward to fighting Reaper forces this weekend. Killing 1'000'000 brutes seems improbable.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
ChromaticWolfen said:
I look forward to fighting Reaper forces this weekend. Killing 1'000'000 brutes seems improbable.
I honestly hate fighting Reapers... But I DO love free swag. Just might have to face my fate and take out some Brutes coming Monday.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Jitters Caffeine said:
ChromaticWolfen said:
I honestly hate fighting Reapers... But I DO love free swag. Just might have to face my fate and take out some Brutes coming Monday.
For the first 6 waves there not to bad but when the Banshees start showing up then it all goes to bollocks. I see many a failed silver mission in my future.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I do hope they do these occasional weekend things. Should be fun.
Also guys, remember that your own rockets do nothing to you. If you're getting swarmed by banshees just aim at your feet and everything hostile DIES.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I'm playing some Silver matches tonight, mostly as an engineer. If anyone wants to join (on 360), my gamertag is DustyDrB. Though be warned that I'm kind of bad at organizing multiplayer stuff on the 360 since this is actually the first multiplayer I've played on it (even sold my mic as soon as I bought the console because I thought I'd never play multiplayer on it).

I hope they add more maps later. I think Firebase Dagger is the only one I like.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
DustyDrB said:
I'm playing some Silver matches tonight, mostly as an engineer. If anyone wants to join (on 360), my gamertag is DustyDrB. Though be warned that I'm kind of bad at organizing multiplayer stuff on the 360 since this is actually the first multiplayer I've played on it (even sold my mic as soon as I bought the console because I thought I'd never play multiplayer on it).

I hope they add more maps later. I think Firebase Dagger is the only one I like.
If you believe the rumors, the upcoming "The Truth" DLC is going to add at least two new maps, two new enemy types, and a slew of new multiplayer characters to use.

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
DustyDrB said:

I'll add you after this game. Would be nice to play with people from the Escapist.

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
I really like where they're going with this.

I play as an Asari Vanguard for now until I unlock another race, but I maxed out stasis and its pretty OP. Anything that doesn't have armor, (shields and barriers don't matter) can be stasis'd by me every 4 seconds, dealing damage to them when it runs out and pausing them.
Meaning phantoms, geth rocket troopers, geth hunters, nemesis, centurion all get paused and shot in the face. Plus its fun.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Zenron said:
DustyDrB said:

I'll add you after this game. Would be nice to play with people from the Escapist.
Sounds good. I just got done with a game (failed in Wave 10). My team apparently thought it was a good idea to stand in the middle of several enemy spawn points and allowed themselves to be flanked.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Good thing i got it on x-box then. I HATE fighting reapers though. I only like fighting them in single player because i can charge shoot roll charge shoot roll, repeat. I hope i can win though and hopefully we kill a million brutes.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
ChromaticWolfen said:
They released some stats of people on the multiplayer yesterday and as of then, they already had over 1800 years of gameplay in multiplayer apparently. I feel like with the amount of people it took to make that happen, 1,000,000 collective brutes won't be too hard, especially since silver sends them by the boatload.

Also, I would like to note that I love these weekend challenge ideas and I wouldn't mind working with anybody on xbox to try and beat it again (I've already done it but it is kind of fun).
My gamertag is my name here.

ELD3RGoD

Apr 23, 2010
I find Cerberus so much harder than the Reapers. Literally the only Reaper type that annoys me is the Ravagers because of those damn rockets. Husks/Cannibals/Brutes are all easy IMO. Cerberus however have God damn Phantoms. I don't know if it's my reflexes but I find it very hard for one or two people to take one out, especially with the flips, health regen, instakill and speed.

OT - I look forward to beating the Reapers in Silver again. :)

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
Maybe I'm just obstinate, but I'm with Retake Mass Effect. I'm done with the multiplayer.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Balls.I promoted my Lvl 20 Engineer to get the achievement just before I found out about this.None of my other characters are levelled up enough for silver

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
MetalDooley said:
Balls.I promoted my Lvl 20 Engineer to get the achievement just before I found out about this.None of my other characters are levelled up enough for silver
I'm glad I didn't promote my 20 Adept. It's the only thing that keeps me alive in Silver

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
why is bioware competing against itself? this is also the free weekend for Star Wars: The Old Republic, which I've downloaded and was going to play all weekend, and decided I'm probably going to buy now. But now I'm tempted to grind the weekend away on a game i ALREADY own...

their marketing team is confused, methinks.