Original Arkham games actually look better than the remaster

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
StatusNil said:
Danbo Jambo said:
I think Harley-Quinn looks better though, but the rest looks so much better in the original.
The corners of Harley's mouth have been turned up a notch, closer to a smile, thus making her look friendlier to the viewer. It's a real classic of those "Before/After" photo comparisons, in which it is frequently hilariously obvious. "This is Doreen BEFORE she applied ChemTrale Miracle Goo on her face... " (scowling mugshot straight out of "Cops") "... and this is her AFTER just one tube!" (Radiant Smile). It's an involuntary reaction, we're wired that way.

Also, brighter red lips.
Haha. A bit Burton-Joker-esq Smylex style maybe? :)

elvor0 said:
Danbo Jambo said:
I think Harley-Quinn looks better though, but the rest looks so much better in the original.
Harley is prettier in the remake, but she looks better in the original. She looks kind of...damaged, her eyes look like she's gone off the deep end, while she's merely seductive in the remake. Catwoman has also been prettified, looking plastic and less worn.

OT: "Standouts" have to be:

Hugo Strange of course.
Joker, his suit is now symetrical, rather than asymetrically detailed as in the original, his bow tie has less detail, his flower looks less lifeless, glitches in his teeth, new hair looks fucking awful.

Harley and Catwoman both look plastic and have less haggard detail to them.

Batman himself looks less worn, definitely better face in the original. Again, looks too perfect, whereas in the original he looked like he'd been at it for a few nights on the trot.
I agree with the "worn" points all round. I guess my base instincts are just happier looking at the newer Harley.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Is it just me or is the Remastered version is having performance difficulties in some areas?