Otakuthon 2018 thread

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
5,462
0
0
Souplex said:
Zontar said:
Souplex said:
If you monsters had your own con, why did you have to ruin NYCC?
Was it so much to ask that you bathe if you're going to interact with proper geeks?
the panels about SocJus topics that are the cancer of every community they infect,]
I'm confused; how can cancer have cancer?
That still doesn't excuse how you made everything smell worse. Take a shower, wear some deodorant! It's not difficult. If you can afford con passes you can afford deodorant.
Most nerd groups are that bad in general.
 

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
4,367
0
0
undeadsuitor said:
BreakfastMan said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
why is there paper shreds on your comic books
Are you seriously asking or just joking?
im asking cause ive never seen those marvel comic books

are they dc? i dont read many of them
I don't see either the Marvel or DC logo on either. They could be Dark Horse or Image. Or maybe even one of those small time indie comics publishers.
it does look like Images art style
Maybe Zontar is picking up some back issues of Spawn. I don't see Spawn on those covers, though...
 

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
10,312
0
0
Marik2 said:
Souplex said:
Zontar said:
Souplex said:
If you monsters had your own con, why did you have to ruin NYCC?
Was it so much to ask that you bathe if you're going to interact with proper geeks?
the panels about SocJus topics that are the cancer of every community they infect,]
I'm confused; how can cancer have cancer?
That still doesn't excuse how you made everything smell worse. Take a shower, wear some deodorant! It's not difficult. If you can afford con passes you can afford deodorant.
Most nerd groups are that bad in general.
As someone who goes to gaming stores of the tabletop and video variety, they smell fine.
NYCC smelled fine until they integrated the Anime Con. The moment that happened it became notably smelly. It's almost like people without standards for entertainment don't have standards for personal hygiene.
tldr: New York geeks smell fine. Weebs everywhere smell awful.
 

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
4,367
0
0
undeadsuitor said:
BreakfastMan said:
undeadsuitor said:
BreakfastMan said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
why is there paper shreds on your comic books
Are you seriously asking or just joking?
im asking cause ive never seen those marvel comic books

are they dc? i dont read many of them
I don't see either the Marvel or DC logo on either. They could be Dark Horse or Image. Or maybe even one of those small time indie comics publishers.
it does look like Images art style
Maybe Zontar is picking up some back issues of Spawn. I don't see Spawn on those covers, though...
Sometimes they put the villain in the cover so maybe it's one of those times?
I mean, one of those ladies looks like she could be Angela. So that is probably it.
 

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
4,367
0
0
undeadsuitor said:
BreakfastMan said:
undeadsuitor said:
BreakfastMan said:
undeadsuitor said:
BreakfastMan said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
why is there paper shreds on your comic books
Are you seriously asking or just joking?
im asking cause ive never seen those marvel comic books

are they dc? i dont read many of them
I don't see either the Marvel or DC logo on either. They could be Dark Horse or Image. Or maybe even one of those small time indie comics publishers.
it does look like Images art style
Maybe Zontar is picking up some back issues of Spawn. I don't see Spawn on those covers, though...
Sometimes they put the villain in the cover so maybe it's one of those times?
I mean, one of those ladies looks like she could be Angela. So that is probably it.
Yeah that's probably it

shame zontar keeps ripped up paper all over his nice stuff
Yeah, you preserve comics by putting them in this plastic slips, not putting ripped up bits of paper all over them. He should really read up on comic preservation methods.
 

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
 

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
4,367
0
0
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
If that is the case, then why are you buying anime?
 

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
1,802
391
88
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
Drawn images of naked women and a phenomenon where people obsess over female characters to the point that they call them their wives is "something better"?

Now I'm interested in what kind of unholy crap goes on in Canadian culture that the above is considered "something better".
 

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
8,411
15
23
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
So you don't mind how it dilutes your 'anglo' culture?
 

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Apr 14, 2020
5,203
200
68
BreakfastMan said:
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
If that is the case, then why are you buying anime?
 

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
4,367
0
0
CaitSeith said:
BreakfastMan said:
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
If that is the case, then why are you buying anime?
I mean, I have watched a bunch of episodes of Red Green and Trailer Park Boys. Both of those seem like pretty good shows. And Pontypool was a great damn horror movie as well.
 

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
BreakfastMan said:
CaitSeith said:
BreakfastMan said:
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
If that is the case, then why are you buying anime?
I mean, I have watched a bunch of episodes of Red Green and Trailer Park Boys. Both of those seem like pretty good shows. And Pontypool was a great damn horror movie as well.
Red Green and Trailer Park Boys are up there with Corner Gas in terms of being some of the peak of Canadian television comedy. Problem is when it comes to animation we're far less impressive. Canadian animation falls into 3 categories: Stuff an American company is using one of our studios to make (MLP, Rachet and Clank), some cheap flash animation cartoon that exists to meet CRTC Canadian Content guidelines (literally any Teletoon original series) and the projects of university students made as assignments where the best ones end up in some film festival's compilation release.

Outside of comedies and music the near totality of entertainment we make is created with the intention of exportation to the US, UK or France. For example almost every science fiction television series in the US at the moment is made up here by an American company, or made by a Canadian company and sold to US distributors. Examples include Star Trek Discovery, The Expanse, Orphan Black, Killjoys and Dark Matter (in fact many are made on adjacent lots). Most broadcast prime time series will also have major scenes set in a city's down town area be filmed in Vancouver or Toronto, if they aren't entirely filmed in those cities to begin with. Examples of this are too long to even bother giving.
 

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
5,462
0
0
bluegate said:
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
Drawn images of naked women and a phenomenon where people obsess over female characters to the point that they call them their wives is "something better"?

Now I'm interested in what kind of unholy crap goes on in Canadian culture that the above is considered "something better".
Canadian culture is pure degeneracy.

 

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
5,462
0
0
Saelune said:
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
So you don't mind how it dilutes your 'anglo' culture?
Asians are now white.


 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
Marik2 said:
Saelune said:
Zontar said:
undeadsuitor said:
Zontar said:
Alright I get it, I'm a perverted weeb.
you should really be supporting your own canadian culture instead of immigrating in foreign culture
Cultural exchange is only natural between civilised nations. They have something that's better then ours, it's only natural we'd absorb it.
So you don't mind how it dilutes your 'anglo' culture?
Asians are now white.


That explains why most anime art styles have characters that look more white then asian.