Our Covid Response

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I read the post.. It doesn't say what you claim it does or what you think it does. For several younger groups, the covid vaccine actually causes more harms than benefits. Covid is very very very very unlikely to cause harm for very young (less than 20, less than 30 perhaps) healthy people, especially those that already had covid before vaccination was even available. This is generally known, it's why uptake for kids vaccines is so low across the board, not even the average left leaning parents are getting their kids vaccinated, they know it's rather pointless.
Haha! No.

The paper measures excess events per million (excess against a baseline of myocaditis incidence in people who experienced neither covid nor vaccination). Firstly, the important takeaway is that all people are equal or less likely to get myocarditis from the vaccine than they would from covid infection except one specific group: and that is men <40 receiving a second shot of the Moderna vaccine. A second dose of the Moderna vaccine caused an extra 97 cases per million men <40, compared to 16 per million men <40 getting myocarditis from covid. So, call it an extra 80 cases of myocarditis per million men <40.

Let's take Scotland, because the figures are easy to access. Men under 40 are roughly a quarter of the population, so that's ~110 excess cases of myocarditis if they all received a second dose of the Moderna vaccine. So how many men <40 in Scotland were hospitalised from covid? The figures aren't directly age comparable, but covid hospitalisations in males 15-44 stood at over 3500 as of September 2022.

Therefore, men under 40 are around thirty times more likely to be hospitalised from covid than they are to get myocarditis from the most myocarditis-inclined covid vaccination.

It is deeply tragic that you have been suckered into false alarmism by crank medicos so badly. Also, that you can't interpret the papers you cite properly.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
We're back, baby

If you're in the states, the post office will start sending out free test kits again if you request them after the 25th

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well, at least this time people know the importance of social distancing, wearing masks and washing their effing hands, and wont get it wrong again.

Right? Right?

Reactions: BrawlMan and Absent

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Long COVID is looking worse and worse. Apparently there is such a thing as asymptomatic long COVID-- a degradation of autoimmune function without any particular immediate symptom. So people keep getting COVID and it just keeps getting worse. And worse. And worse. And worse.

Well, at least this time people know the importance of social distancing, wearing masks and washing their effing hands, and wont get it wrong again.

Right? Right?
NEVER WEAR THE MASK OF THE BEAST WE MUST DISSENT

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Serious post here. Get your COVID-19 vaccine today... if you're in the US.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Because you can set up a appointment today and Covid cases are rising.

Edit: get it as soon as possible.
Signed up for an appointment last week, disappointed and very happy to see that the location I'm going to for the vaccine had so many appointments that mine isn't until next week. I've been stacking mine. Getting the flu shot in the same appointment. Hell, last year it turned out it had been 11 years since my previous TDAP vaccination so I stacked that one into the mix as well. I mentioned it in passing on 1 of the 2 radio shows I produce; and it prompted a lot of vaccine deniers that listen to call in and complain in various levels from "concern for me" (heart in the right place, thanks) to never listening again because I'm part of a globalist/lizard alien plot to... whatever. At that point I generally stop listening and just reply with "uh, huh." And all got the same simple reply, I've never had an adverse reaction to a vaccine. And last year I was never hospitalized with flu, covid, tetnus, diptheria, or pertussis.
Are they still free?
Yes, but there is kind of a caveat. Health insurance carriers are supposed to step in to make it free to policy holders, but in some cases people are getting the vaccine before the company gets its paperwork in order and a few people have faced charges of 100 to 200 dollars. My guess is that anyone who paid will be recompensated if they press the issue. And for the uninsured, vaccines are being made available through local health departments. Just different hoops to jump through to get one of those.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I'm a kidney dialysis patient, so I'm considered in the high risk group, and got priority. So I already had mine at the hospital. Didn't even have to endure a needle jab since I have a 2mm thick one up my arm anyway.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Also, if you're not in the US, get yours as soon as possible if you're not fully vaxxed.
What does "fully vaxxed" means, two years (one? feels so long ago) after the vaccination campaign ?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The pandemic never ended - media and corporations just got tired of not making record profits.
The pandemic is over, ask any doctor/nurse that works at the hospital how many people are in the hospital actually due to covid today vs 2020.

Long COVID is looking worse and worse. Apparently there is such a thing as asymptomatic long COVID-- a degradation of autoimmune function without any particular immediate symptom. So people keep getting COVID and it just keeps getting worse. And worse. And worse. And worse.

NEVER WEAR THE MASK OF THE BEAST WE MUST DISSENT
There's no actual data long covid is more of an issue than long flu or anything other long [insert viral infection].

Serious post here. Get your COVID-19 vaccine today... if you're in the US.
There's no clinical data ever from anywhere in the world that shows a booster shot helps those that are not in the vulnerable group in mitigating severe disease/death. Paul Offit that's 72 doesn't even get these boosters anymore himself and he's on the vaccine board that votes for/against approving vaccines.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
What does "fully vaxxed" means, two years (one? feels so long ago) after the vaccination campaign ?
My last shot was in February, so not that long ago for me. I'd consider myself fully vaxxed for the moment at least.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

Findings
We identified pronounced cognitive slowing in patients with PCC, which distinguished them from age-matched healthy individuals who previously had symptomatic COVID-19 but did not manifest PCC. Cognitive slowing was evident even on a 30-s task measuring simple reaction time (SRT), with patients with PCC responding to stimuli ∼3 standard deviations slower than healthy controls. 53.5% of patients with PCC's response speed was slower than 2 standard deviations from the control mean, indicating a high prevalence of cognitive slowing in PCC. This finding was replicated across two clinic samples in Germany and the UK. Comorbidities such as fatigue, depression, anxiety, sleep disturbance, and post-traumatic stress disorder did not account for the extent of cognitive slowing in patients with PCC. Furthermore, cognitive slowing on the SRT was highly correlated with the poor performance of patients with PCC on the NVT measure of sustained attention.
Interpretation
Together, these results robustly demonstrate pronounced cognitive slowing in people with PCC, which distinguishes them from age-matched healthy individuals who previously had symptomatic COVID-19 but did not manifest PCC. This might be an important factor contributing to some of the cognitive impairments reported in patients with PCC.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Well fuck me, I already have alziemers and parkinsons to worry about. My colander of a brain isn't making it to retirement

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Well, that's insanely circular logic. "We identified people who had non-specific cognitive deficiencies after having covid, then tested them and compared to people who did not report cognitive deficiencies, and found the first group was deficient by comparison."
Post-covid conditions (PCC) is a more general category than you are representing it as.