Our Little Pony

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
level27smartass said:
hittite said:
Okay, the sarcasm levels in this comic are through the roof. And yes, Sexual Harassment Fluttershy is pretty much awesome. Although I think I read that fanfic.
Its called flutter rapist not even joking.
It's... really sad how little that surprises me. I've seen some things man.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
I need to start going to more comic conventions, I thought there where mainly males attending.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
While I have heard people speculate that bronies don't really like the show, they're only after the attention, I didn't think this was the sort of attention they meant.

I am beginning to suspect this entire comic may be fiction.

May 5, 2010
Um. The jungle of sarcasm here is a bit difficult to decipher, but I I'm almost positive I see what you did there. And if the "petty little tit" link is supposed to showing some sexist asshole you described....I think you should read the article much more carefully. Or, at all.

Now, before every single woman reading this explodes, let me disambiguate a bit. I absolutely do not believe that every girl who attends conventions and likes "Doctor Who" is pretending to be a geek.
What I'm talking about is the girls who have no interest or history in gaming taking nearly naked photos of themselves with game controllers draped all over their body just to play at being a "model." I get sick of wannabes who couldn't make it as car show eye candy slapping on a Batman shirt and strutting around comic book conventions instead.
See? Pretty simple. Not all girls at "geek conventions" are attention seeking posers, not even most of them. He just has a problem with the ones who ARE.

I don't see the problem here.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
And before this thread gets too much farther, I suppose I should drop a link to the local brony group.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
and some petty little tit [http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/24/booth-babes-need-not-apply/?hpt=hp_c3] claiming to be
Oh my God CNN I hate that site. Brought my PC to a crawl until I manually killed Javascript. We're not all on i7s and Internet Explorer!

Also, comic: I don't get it. Like, really, no idea. Haha, sexual harassment is funny? Ironic commentary on some mad brony orgy or gang rape trend I missed? Feel free to explain, I apparently need small simple words.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
The strangest thing I find in this particular comic strip isn't the cigar, the guy fleeing from 3 horny women (Granted, it's strangeness is probably in the fact that I wouldn't flee so quickly, if at all.), or how the Fluttershy one is into his "cutie mark" area.

The strangest thing is how the Twilight one (observant, huh?) said "He's only here for the ATTENTION," even though he was clearly avoiding attention. I guess women like these cannot tell a paradox when they speak one.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
AC10 said:
I'm confused, can someone just give me the rundown on this? I heard MLP conventions were actually almost entirely male.
Maybe small ones, but the big ones, like Bronycon, were extremely diverse. There's many vids floating around.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
For the Cons, I've seen a good number of females at these things. I kinda find it funny people think it's 100% male cons or something.

As for the comic, I'm confused what the message or what they were going for... :|

level27smartass

Jun 23, 2012
Yal said:
While I have heard people speculate that bronies don't really like the show, they're only after the attention, I didn't think this was the sort of attention they meant.

I am beginning to suspect this entire comic may be fiction.
Well see I for one use to ironically embrace as it would make people angry to hilarious a degree Upon watching it further it grew on me and many other people. Take for example the /b/ rebellion after image macros of ponies started pop up mods start handing out bans skittles. which made those who hate ponies rejoice, where bronies came back with full force. Bronies magnged to beat the 4chan mods and anti-brony lurkers into submission. Which ended with us getting our own /mlp/ board. The actions of moderators actually made people who like the show stand up for it which is pretty cool.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Yal said:
While I have heard people speculate that bronies don't really like the show
I can say with 100% certainty that those people have no idea what they're talking about. At all.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I wanna say that never happens, but... I've never been to a con dressed as a brony. (Yes, I am still in the 'brony' closet. Eventually, I'll tell my friends about it. Hopefully they'll be supportive.)

Gasbandit

Jun 14, 2012
For those who haven't figured it out, this comic is attempting to use gender reversal to lampoon what reportedly often happens to female attendees at other, typically-male-dominated conventions such as video game or comic book conventions - IE, the girls are harassed or maligned as not being "real" geeks, perhaps only being there for attention, etc. However it falls flat because the brony in this comic doesn't really act like a guy would be expected to act. It's a commendable motivation, but the execution is lacking. As noted earlier in this comment thread, too many guys would LIKE girls to come on to them in such a way.

LG Jargon

Feb 9, 2012
ZippyDSMlee said:
I want girls to hit on me like that ;_;
Me too, Zip. Me too. *snf*

Also, it's great to see you someplace other than GamePolitics. I'm a long-time lurker and haven't signed on in a long while, but I still visit to keep up with current events and people's reactions to some things. :)

OT: I'm not sure whether this is sarcasm (most likely) or reality (it'd be surprising if it was), and whether to be offended or excited... I mean, I know there's a statement about the treatment of women/"girl gamers" in here somewhere; the parody and sarcasm just feel so heavy, it just feels as if this conversation was just played straight...And if that's the case, then it truly is weird...

I has confusion. 8S

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I'dunno, Sexual Harassment Fluttershy is pretty cool, but I have to say I greatly prefer Cigar Chomping Rainbow Dash.

LG Jargon

Feb 9, 2012
Gasbandit said:
For those who haven't figured it out, this comic is attempting to use gender reversal to lampoon what reportedly often happens to female attendees at other, typically-male-dominated conventions such as video game or comic book conventions - IE, the girls are harassed or maligned as not being "real" geeks, perhaps only being there for attention, etc. However it falls flat because the brony in this comic doesn't really act like a guy would be expected to act. It's a commendable motivation, but the execution is lacking. As noted earlier in this comment thread, too many guys would LIKE girls to come on to them in such a way.
Yes, that's it! Thank you, Gasbandit! Couldn't have said it better...Tried, but...blegh.