Our Little Pony

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
rhodo said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Phasmal said:
You can enjoy harassment. You can enjoy pain. You can enjoy suffering, sadness, torture and humiliation. You're either painfully stubborn or spectacularly uninformed. Just because something causes discomfort, doesn't mean you can't want it. I happen to rather enjoy masochistic women (I'm bi, but masochistic men doesn't do much for me, oddly). The women I am sexually attracted or involved with want to be hurt to varying degrees and want to be made to suffer. Just because they enjoy it, doesn't mean it's any less unpleasant or painful--and that's the entire point, they want the bad things. Being cut, flogged or reduced to tears from pain doesn't mean it didn't suck. It just happened to suck in just the right way, lol.

Your refusal to accept or understand a mindset doesn't erase it. I won't go into detail (because who the fuck are you, lol) but I've enjoyed some terrible situations in the past, not the least of which included self-mutilation and intense pain.

As a sadomasochist myself, you don't know jack about sadomasochism.

Healthy sadomasochism is the desire for submission and/or various degrees of physical pain with someone you love or at least like. There's humiliation, there's pain, but it's with who you want it and when you want it, and you can stop it.

No healthy, sane individual enjoys rape. Why would they enjoy sexual harassment, which is the menace of rape?

If you're claiming sadomasochists enjoy sexual harassment, you're implying they enjoy rape. As a sadomasochist, I'm saying you're just talking out of your ass.
Or, perhaps, you need to see a psychiatrist.
I don't know "jack" about a paraphilia I enjoy? Lol, okay.

News flash, hun: sadism and masochism go well beyond your little games of spank and tickle. Ever hear of body modification and mutilation? Seen a woman be flogged to the point of passing out? Seen a woman have her vulva removed with a scalpel? It hurts. A whole fucking lot. Just because she agreed to it, didn't make it any less horrendously painful.

What you do or don't enjoy and where your limits lie, do not represent a standard or a rule. Some people like going through real, real bad things.

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
Kyogissun said:
"At cons, not only are Bronies subjected to numerous unwanted sexual advances, some critics have even questioned their motives for attending such gatherings in the first place."

This... this is a joke, right? Are there really people there who have seen bronies being hit on? This HAS to be a joke, I just cannot believe this is legit, being a fan myself. I just don't buy this to be true.

EDIT- Yeah... when i do get hit on. Its either guys, or underage girls :(

and/or their mothers (sometimes the cougars are worth it) ;)

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
A good rule of thumb for men at cons: don't try to flirt with the cosplayers or booth babes unless they initiate the flirting. Otherwise all you are doing is pissing them off.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
uhohimdead said:
to answer this try reading this ( don't worry it's short)
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/362/406/0ba.png
Bill Waterson didn't write that!

The comic [Critical Miss] was great. Sometimes I come into threads without reading any of the other posts and just drop my opinion. That would have been a mistake here, as not attending cons of any sort myself I naively imagined this scenario nearly plausible. Hey, maybe MLP programs women to act sexually aggressive, what do I know.

Anyway, great comic.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
rhodo said:
remove their own vaginas
*vagina (no plural)

Okay, you're either hilariously ill-informed about your own body or you're a man--it's physically impossible to remove a woman's vagina. Why? Because the vagina is a cavity.

You've failed to understand a paraphilia you claim to enjoy, have misunderstood, mixed up and flat out gotten wrong key facts about the human body, continually refuse to accept perspectives that fall outside your own, limited views and even dared to say men cannot be raped or lose their virginity. It's almost impossible to argue with you.

If all you have to defend your position is "you're crazy," you've already lost.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Trishbot said:
TopazFusion said:
Trishbot said:
I admit... I dressed my boyfriend up like Spike and had my way with him.
Please tell me you were dressed as Rarity ...
Hell no. Twilight Sparkle. She's obviously better for him anyway.
Oh god. So many "big stake" puns. Must... resist...

EDIT: why did I say sword when I meant stake? lolderp

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
rhodo said:
Clearing the Eye said:
rhodo said:
remove their own vaginas
*vagina (no plural)

Okay, you're either hilariously ill-informed about your own body or you're a man--it's physically impossible to remove a woman's vagina. Why? Because the vagina is a cavity.

You've failed to understand a paraphilia you claim to enjoy, have misunderstood, mixed up and flat out gotten wrong key facts about the human body, continually refuse to accept perspectives that fall outside your own, limited views and even dared to say men cannot be raped or lose their virginity. It's almost impossible to argue with you.

If all you have to defend your position is "you're crazy," you've already lost.

I'd advise you to stop answering - for your own good. In an attempt to win our argume you're making yourself more and more ridiculous, and childlike.

I'm a woman and yes - it's perfectly possible to remove a woman's vagina, trust me, kid. I suppose you never heard of, ahem, clitoris, labia... stuff like that. I'll end this here since the discussion is going too far. :p

Your final argument is so dumb that now I wonder why I lost my time arguing with some teenage boy troll who acts like he's an adult "sadomasochist" who enjoys rape.
Um, the vagina is an internal cavity. Labia, vulva, clitoris, etc., are not the vagina. This is kind of very basic biology. Reminds me of someone I heard recently say he thought women urinated out of their vagina XD Many laughs were had at their expense.

Anyway, if you can do basic math, two thousand and twelve minus nineteen ninety two is more than nineteen ;)

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Clearing the Eye said:
Someone wearing casual clothes: probably not after attention.

Someone wearing very little; short, revealing clothes and behaving outwardly flamboyant: maybe looking for attention.
Or maybe just likes looking fashionable/sexy/like-all-her-friends. Let people dress how they want.

sergnb said:
So you claim to be a fan of a show about love and tolerance, and then you perform intolerance acts based on baseless assumptions, sexism and extremist fanboyism?

Gee, wonder why people despise the MLP fanbase so much
The point of the comic is making fun of this article [http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/24/booth-babes-need-not-apply/?hpt=hp_c3] linked in the description (specifically, the idea that some girls only go to conventions in order to get attention). The genders have been reversed for comic effect. No one is suggesting MLP fans actually act like this. It's making the point that it would be seen as ridiculous if they did!

The whole debate this spawns is best left behind a flame shield.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
MetalMagpie said:
Or maybe just likes looking fashionable/sexy/like-all-her-friends. Let people dress how they want.
You missed the entire point of the article the OP is attempting to flame. Just like the OP and the comic, you're assuming sexism when the actual point of the article was to flame people who go to events purely for attention. It's not about cosplayers or women--it's about bothbabes that don't give a fuck about the convention. The actual article says that numerous times. It's a criticism of the boothbabe culture, wherein people dress sexy and act provocatively to play on the human urge to get horny.

The comic misses the point so hard it may as well have aimed in the opposite direction. Again, people see a criticism that happens to involve women and jump aboard the "zomg, sexist!" train.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
rhodo said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Um, the vagina is an internal cavity. Labia, vulva, clitoris, etc., are not the vagina. This is kind of very basic biology. Reminds me of someone I heard recently say he thought women urinated out of their vagina XD Many laughs were had at their expense.

Anyway, if you can do basic math, two thousand and twelve minus nineteen ninety two is more than nineteen ;)

My bad, I was totally convinced "vagina" was meant to include the whole package.
Never before has vagina been said so many times in one thread. You're welcome, Escapist.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Waaghpowa said:
There are two things in this world I hate most.

1. People who are intolerant of other peoples preferences and beliefs to point of alienation
2. Bronies.
Ha! You sir are awesome! You can hate us. It's cool.
Scrumpmonkey said:
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Yal said:
There is also the fact that any male 'Brony' who was sexually 'harassed' by three women dressed as part of the mane six probably wouldn't mind. Like at all.
I resent that generalisation! I don't care how pink your hair is, or how cute your face is. I don't want any stranger grabbing my backside without permission. It's uncomfortable, and just rude.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the ladies in here didn't seem to get as confused about the comic as the gentleman?

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
rhodo said:
Clearing the Eye said:
rhodo said:
My bad, I was totally convinced "vagina" was meant to include the whole package.
Never before has vagina been said so many times in one thread. You're welcome, Escapist.

A couple more vagina mentions, and we can end up in.... odd search results. Granted to double The Escapists'pageviews.
To double it we're going to need to mention lesbians a few times.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Nicolaus99 said:
For many a Brony, the show is a beautiful, positive thing in their lives.
Is this for realsies? I've watched the show and its a lot of things. Beautiful, though? I've seen more beauty in a cat turd. Seriously, I took a picture of one the other day. I can post it if you want.

I'll give you positive. You're welcome.

I'm not quite sure what this thread is about, though. Oh right, the Critical Miss comic. Good stuff.