Our Little Pony

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
Sigh, nevermind. I had a rant towards an earlier poster, but it seems he has been suspended, so it would be pointless.

Carry on.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
00slash00 said:
wow, i didnt know this was happening. after years of women, justifiably, being upset over the fact that men objectify female cosplayers, females are now doing the same thing to men just for wearing a shirt with a picture of a pony on it. this is not the kind of equality we should be working towards...
The situation in the comic did not and generally does not happen. Genders were reversed to illustrate how it is wrong.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
00slash00 said:
wow, i didnt know this was happening. after years of women, justifiably, being upset over the fact that men objectify female cosplayers, females are now doing the same thing to men just for wearing a shirt with a picture of a pony on it. this is not the kind of equality we should be working towards...
The situation in the comic did not and generally does not happen. Genders were reversed to illustrate how it is wrong.
But it doesn't happen in my experience with the genders reversed, either.

I met plenty of female bronies during my last anime convention, and there was nary a hint of sexism from anyone, boys or girls.

Threeseventyfive

Feb 25, 2012
This thread is the definition of irony.

A comic is posted about tolerance using characters from a show about tolerance, and then the trolls, haters and militant bronies show up spreading hate and making everyone look like a twat.

saruman31

Sep 30, 2010
It seems i have to show up at some conventions. And all it takes is a pony shirt. Pretty nice.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Threeseventyfive said:

A comic is posted about tolerance using characters from a show about tolerance, and then the trolls, haters and militant bronies show up spreading hate and making everyone look like a twat.
What did you expect? You're on the internet, son.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
saruman31 said:
It seems i have to show up at some conventions. And all it takes is a pony shirt. Pretty nice.
Well, it was a red shirt, so maybe they thought the guy was cosplaying as Big Macintosh [http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac26/RexAeterna/M4J3x.png].

After all, most Applejack cosplayers are just pretty girls in cowgirl outfits, so it stands to reason that her brother would just be a dude in jeans and a T-shirt.

Threeseventyfive

Feb 25, 2012
Pinkamena said:
Threeseventyfive said:

That doesn't excuse all these morons from being morons.

Here's my advice to both sides:

HATERS: You don't have to watch the show, nobody is forcing you to. Just ignore the bronies if you don't like them. Trolling people is just going to make things worse for everyone.

MILITANT BRONIES: Stop trying to bully people into becoming bronies, you're just going to make them hate you. Remember, we're here to spread LOVE AND TOLERANCE, not more hate. Stop making all bronies look like idiots.

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
Threeseventyfive said:

The word "tolerance" didn't ever appear in MLP.

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
I... ehm... well... what?
Sorry, but right now, i am somewhat confused!
The comic by itself, kinda funny, i tried to get the reference, read the article, read a lot of comments, but now i have even less an idea of what this is trying to express, who is arguing with whom about what exactly and so on.
I would like to ask if someone can explain this to me, but i guess it would only leave me with all clarities eliminated.
Yeah...

Threeseventyfive

Feb 25, 2012
Alterego-X said:
Threeseventyfive said:

The word "tolerance" didn't ever appear in MLP.
Okay, maybe it didn't but still my point stands.

The show's entire message is about friendship. Are the radical bronies trying to be friends with non-bronies? No, they're trying to bully them into being what they want them to be.

The radical bronies stopped trying to get rid of hate using friendship and began using hate to fight the hate, resulting in a giant shitstorm of hatred from both sides.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Threeseventyfive said:
Pinkamena said:
Threeseventyfive said:

HATERS: You don't have to watch the show, nobody is forcing you to. Just ignore the bronies if you don't like them. Trolling people is just going to make things worse for everyone.

MILITANT BRONIES: Stop trying to bully people into becoming bronies, you're just going to make them hate you. Remember, we're here to spread LOVE AND TOLERANCE, not more hate. Stop making all bronies look like idiots.
It's not gonna happen, mate. As Pinkamena so excellently put "What did you expect? You're on the internet, son." These people aren't going to change.
Fortunately, there are people, like myself, who dislike this whole Brony thing but generally keep it to ourselves.
Occasionally when I'm mad and need to vent Bronies get caught in the crossfire but I don't actively go out of my way to piss on every brony's parade.
Though if there actually was a parade outside my house I wouldn't hesitate to throw piss-filled condoms out the window. I hate parades. so loud and obnoxious...

AniThari

Jun 26, 2010
Aw, but I like stupid sexy mudcrab - does this mean we'll never see it again? I was holding out hope... /sadness

I never did like the would-be gatekeeper types. We can all enjoy whatever we want at whatever level we want. Some -not all just some/a few- geeks may not know a character inside and out but they like to cosplay so they saw an opportunity to make an amazing costume and strut their stuff on the con floor. That to me is just another gateway to fully geeking out over a subject.

There is a difference between policing the community and ridding it of the unsavory types (i.e. the immature jerks who would be fired in real life if they spoke like they did on the internet) and people who are expressing their own inner geek.

Seriously, if I put on my jaded glasses for a minute here to me it?s like this guy would get angry at the seven year old who doesn't know about the original Pokémon rather than - I don't know - try to introduce the kid to the new red/blue/green revived version that came out.

Forget "gatekeepers" the geek community is open to everyone and anyone who wants to share their nerdy side without the fear of being harassed or belittled because of their supposed 'nerd cred' or lack thereof.

*removes jaded glasses* Man I can't wait for Dishonored - mind you I think I'll wait a while until the bugs get ironed out before I actually play it. Totally think there will be a few in the first week, it is just too awesome not to have a gamebreaker - amirite?

Just wondering, besides Lara, there any other games with female protagonists coming out anytime soon? I can't really think about any right now... *eyes glaze over a little* Does Bioshock: Infinite count? Hm...

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
*looks around*

Wow, the mere mention of that MLP show and controversy in the same post will light the internet on fire. I knew the show was revolutionary but this is ridiculous.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Wow... Rainbow Dash has a hell of a raunchy side there.

Threeseventyfive said:
Pinkamena said:
Threeseventyfive said:

Yes, as a wise man once said....

This world is made of.... Love and Peace!!!!!!!!!!!

*looks around*

I hope I'm not the only one who gets that.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
That's not very funny! Sexual harassment against Bronies due to our incredibly attractive lifestyle is a very real thing! It's NOT a benefit that a lot of women find us irresistible!

This is much more true than you may think...

Captcha: Be mine
Oh yes...

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
Threeseventyfive said:

A comic is posted about tolerance...
Aaand this is where im going to stop you. This i a comic that goes about promoting tolerance by being as dickish as possible.
This comic is a slap in the face to every boy or man who has been through sexual harassment/assault, and a slap in the face that would not be tolerated if it were the other way around.
There is not a statistically significant difference in the rates of male and female sexual harassment, the difference is that men are supposed to enjoy it, because as a male you either want sex all the time or face social stigmatization. Its a problem that people cant see simply because they look away.
Not only that the whole thing is based on a straw man that the author of the article SPECIFICALLY SAID he was not saying.
Seriously if THIS is the mouthpiece of the gaming generation, gamers deserve their reputation as immature halfwits.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
That's why I stick to dragons.
Nobody fucks with the dragons.

EDIT: I am sitting here, STUNNED at the multitudes of people who didn't get the obvious gag at work. Small wonder this topic reached the depths it did.

WolfCross

Jun 12, 2012
Soak said:
I... ehm... well... what?
Sorry, but right now, i am somewhat confused!
The comic by itself, kinda funny, i tried to get the reference, read the article, read a lot of comments, but now i have even less an idea of what this is trying to express, who is arguing with whom about what exactly and so on.
I would like to ask if someone can explain this to me, but i guess it would only leave me with all clarities eliminated.
Yeah...
essentially it is using reverse satire to mock the fact that many guys view all girls at geek culture events as potential frauds pretending to be interested to reap the attention and satisfy their shallow egos. The reason it uses characters from My Little Pony is because it's something that alot of guys are into, who would most likely be horrified, if while at an MLP convention, they were accused of only being there to get chicks by pretending to be interested in the show.