Our Top 10 Star Wars Games

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with some of the author's picks. Episode I racer is a shameful turd, both as a racing game and a Star Wars game. Truth be told, I'm rather baffled that so many N64 titles made the cut, as I would point to these titles as examples of crap Star Wars games (the only one I sort-of liked was Shadows of the Empire, and even that had its shortcomings).

Republic Commando, while not necessarily bad, wasn't particularly great either. I know that I played it back in the day, but it did not leave a lasting impression in my memory at all (which is to say I remember next to nothing about it). How such a decidedly mediocre title made the list has me scratching my head - especially when you consider other PC Star Wars games far more deserving of a mention (X-Wing, TIE Fighter, any of the Jedi Knight games, hell even Rebel Assault).

As for the KOTOR vs KOTOR 2 argument...I'd say that KOTOR 2 had serious problems when it was released (which is par for the course for an Obsidian game). I did enjoy it more than KOTOR, but was seriously disappointed by the ending. The Restored Content Mod did go a long way in fixing a lot of the game's issues, though. But on release day, KOTOR 2 was basically an incomplete game, which is why I have no problem with the author picking the first title over the second.

Ichigo

Nov 13, 2012
No Dark Forces or Dark Forces II. Thats a real shame. One of the best shooters ever made when Star Wars was still grim and awesome.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Steve Waltz said:
Man, Shadows of the Empire knocked my socks off as a kid. I loved it so back then.
I still own a working copy, I just hope to find a new N64 before my current one dies.