Out of Context Quotes

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
"some people cant keep a tight grasp on their wallet when one of their hands is busy with something else.."

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
"Holding his candle so that he could read the coffin plates, and so holding it that the sperm dropped in white patches which congealed as they touched the metal, he made assurance of Lucy's coffin."

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
"So the house plans need have 'off street parking' to get approval... on a fucken 14 acre block."

"I can't believe you willingly put your dick in someone that stupid."

"I thought I'd forgotten how to be racist but 5 minutes back in this town and it's all flowing back."

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Kinda scary to consider -

@agathor86
2 years ago (edited)
After completing my PhD in medicinal chemistry I went straight into sci comm. Biggest mistake I ever made. Sensationalism sells and we are encouraged to twist data to fit a narrative. Ethically didn't sit right with me so I went back into the laboratory. It is true that writers are asked to write outside their area of expertise, which does mean errors are many. Medical advertising is so much worse. Bending clinical data enough to sell a drug whilst staying within the ABPI. It is so unethical. I hated writing advertising copy for one client knowing their drug wasn't as good as a competitor. I felt like I was doing harm writing stuff for sales reps to convince doctors to change their prescribing habits knowing that this could cause harm to patients who might not be getting an optimal treatment.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada

@agathor86
2 years ago (edited)
After completing my PhD in medicinal chemistry I went straight into sci comm. Biggest mistake I ever made. Sensationalism sells and we are encouraged to twist data to fit a narrative. Ethically didn't sit right with me so I went back into the laboratory. It is true that writers are asked to write outside their area of expertise, which does mean errors are many. Medical advertising is so much worse. Bending clinical data enough to sell a drug whilst staying within the ABPI. It is so unethical. I hated writing advertising copy for one client knowing their drug wasn't as good as a competitor. I felt like I was doing harm writing stuff for sales reps to convince doctors to change their prescribing habits knowing that this could cause harm to patients who might not be getting an optimal treatment.
This quote is entirely within context. Please remove the video and cut it down to about a sentence.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

@agathor86
2 years ago (edited)
This quote is entirely within context. Please remove the video and cut it down to about a sentence.
And maybe pass it on the American Medical Association and whatever passes for an Advertising Standards body.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Ok maybe more of a negative connotation then as it goes beyond the quote itself. “Yay science” generally implies its “cheerleaders” are missing the point of everything science stands for.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hybrid Panda: "Get-- get lost, g-get outta my face. Get outta my face, Thalita! Stop hanging around there!"

Thalita: * continues to hang, still impaled on meat hook *