Overall Game Time

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Oh wow .... I need a calculator . Ive played about 5 hours a day ( average )from the age of 3-10 ( weekends were the shit back then ). From 10-23 ( i am 23 now ) i played about 10 hours a day ( i used to play gameboy in class ALL THE TIME ) ,plus diablo 2 when i got home , plus WOW . I still spend every waking moment playing games when not at work . Yes i am a loser , and i know , i have now accepted it . I have gone through hundreds of games , lost a few girlfriends to gaming . I am addicted to video games , if i don't play games , i feel excessive boredom . That's a lot to calculate i'll give the exact number when i find a calculator .

Edit: that comes out to 6,875 years ... And counting... I think i need a psycologist

Edit 2: i just calculated something else . I spent about 7 years sleeping . Which means i spent only 9 years out of 23, awake doing things unrelated to gaming ....yeah

oplinger said:
...uh...total? Ever? okay, I'll have to math this out sort of.

I started when I was 4, so... I'd say I played as much as my parents let me, i'll say, 3 hours a day until I was 10.

which is already 6,570

from 10 until I was 21, I played games, at the very least, 8 hours a day. So I'll make that a generous average (I played closer to 10-12 but...i'll make myself seem less of a loser.)

and i'm 23 now, so with my job, I play about 7 hours a day average (5-6 on work days, 8-9 off days)

So, a rough estimate of 43,800 hours. or 1,825 days. Or 5 years.

At least. ...Fuck.
*HIGH FIVE!*

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
The longest I've definitively played a single game (like it keeps track for me) is 120 hours on Final Fantasy 12, though I'm sure I've played Morrowind and a few others longer. I can't compete with you guys though. When I play, it's for four or so hours at a time, but I can end up going a week without playing anything sometimes.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I'll go for 5 hours a day average, for about 10 years. That's 18250 hours, or ~25 months.
I'm okay with that.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Hmm. This is tough to calculate. I'm 27 now and have been gaming since I was 5. I'd say at least 3 years of that time has been spent gaming. That is a lot of gaming, but I don't feel like an absolute loser or regret it.

The only thing I regret about it is spending too much time on repetitive multiplayer FPS or MMOs and not enough on single player games. So I don't regret the gaming time itself, just maybe the time I've sunk into particular games.

T.D.

Feb 9, 2011
@oplinger, Kudos to you. Kudos.

@Jhooud, great link, and I agree. No regrets. Just as I don't regret film time and book time.

Just to let people know, I wasn't asking for an exact answer, just an average or how much you think you've played.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
A lot. A whole lot. I've been playing games since I was 5 and during high school I played CSS competitevly. My first few years of college didn't see a lot of gaming but that past 2-3 has picked up. I spend a lot of time on EVE and less on other games since they don't get my interest as much anymore.

So... more than I'd like to admit =D

Chknboy

Sep 10, 2008
I've been playing video games since I was 4 and I'm currently 21 years old. I used to play Runescape for a couple years when I was a kid and then WoW in high school and of course those were some huge time sinks. I would have to say several years total game time easily.

Captcha: Beats me
How relevant...

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
More time than I'd like to think about. Still though they form memories. All those evenings playing Stronghold while my parents insisted I should be studying. Eventually taking it upon myself to break the disk so I could.
Struggling to explain how to play the original Fallout to my old girlfriend, hours of winding up silly people on xbox live. And playing Pro Evo or Street Fighter with my bro. Really I wouldn't regard it as wasted time, considering the fond memories this hobby has created for me.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
I've been gaming since I was eleven, so I wouldn't know.

But you know, this thread reminded me of this site:
http://howlongtobeat.com/index.php

I don't know, could be useful.

Agent Cross

Died And Got Better
Jan 3, 2011
Let's see. I'm 30 now, started gaming at about 4-5 years of age.

*does some math badassery*

So 4+ years... give or take a few months. o_O

FML

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Lifetime, gawd only knows.

What's scary though is that I honestly couldn't say whether I would have spent more time playing video games over the past 20 years or poker over the past five years :p

Captcha: whoops a daisy. Indeed!

TheProfessor234

Aug 20, 2010
I have no idea. I have spent hours upon hours playing consoles and computers. I would have to say somewhere between 15% and 25% of my life has been playing video games. I started playing as long as I can remember on the NES and I never stopped. I'm 21 now and I plan on to keep playing. My dream is to be a developer someday.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
As far as I know-
Guild Wars- Over a few years og gameplay.
Pokemon- Over 100 hours.
Dragon Quest 9- Over 300 hours (danm those weekly quest downloads).
Xenoblade Chronicle- Over 100 hours (a good lengthy game.)
Loz: Skyward Sword- Less than 50 hours (Liars, they said it would last around 100 hours!)
Golden Sun series- Over 24 hours.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I don't want to know the answer to this question. I remember fighting the urge to type "/played" when I used to play WoW.

ArbiterX13

Jul 2, 2011
This...is impossible to calculate for me, given the fact that I played half an hour a day for the first three years I had games, then that went up to three hours for the next year, then it became however long I wanted for the next seven years. This isn't including all of the gaming I've done in the car, on plane trips, and those two cruises...and even ignoring the 8-hour flights, that alone is probably months of time, at least. Yesterday alone I played New Vegas for thirteen hours; I'm relatively sure something similar happened five days in a row last week. So...yeah, I don't know, and I'm too busy sorting out the Mojave's problems for the umpteenth time (said as lovingly as possible, I assure you) to really care.

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
3-4 hours a day for about 10 years.
14,600 would be an average. but thats probably wrong seeing as 500 of that is tf2 and I know ive put more time into harvest moon then tf2