Overwatch Christmas Comic Reveals First LGBT Character

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Smithnikov said:
MerlinCross said:
Smithnikov said:
Karadalis said:
Oh btw... the comic is blocked in russia because of anti gay laws... yayyyy
The same country that GamerGate assures us is "based" and is going to win the cultural war against SJW controlled America.
We must travel in different GG circles. I'm not saying it didn't happen(Because god damn there's stupid people) I just don't think it's as wide spread as this seems to point it. Mind you, I've been away from anything GG related besides here, KYM and a few artists that might be "GG". So my experience is limited. It does suck though and this is something we should be mad and fight about.

Side note, is Russia the only country/nation that blocked it? I know of some other areas that might pull a stunt like that.
Go to the chans, you'll see what I mean.
Last I heard of the chans they've devolved back into the weird in fighting, clicks, and groups that 4chan had. And if it is the Chans, difference between being an ass and being an ass that believes in what they say. A very small difference on the Chans but it's been there since 4chan started.

But this is getting away from the topic. I brought up maybe a Taunt or spray or something that references Tracer's girlfriend(Also would have liked to see it if she was dating a frog. NO not Lucio). I wonder if such a thing were to come out would Russia block the game entirely? Or just force a change for the region.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
MerlinCross said:
Last I heard of the chans they've devolved back into the weird in fighting, clicks, and groups that 4chan had. And if it is the Chans, difference between being an ass and being an ass that believes in what they say. A very small difference on the Chans but it's been there since 4chan started.
This isn't 4chan I'm talking about. Half-chan or Cuck-chan as they now call it fell away years ago. It's all about 8chan now.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
erttheking said:
*Everyone talking about how lesbians are safe*

Yeah, right.
They kind of are.

Safer at least.

If you're dealing with a largely male audience then going the lesbian route lets you do The Gay while also not grossing out the lads too much. Some will thinks it's hot or cute and others won't care.

Of course some people will still be pissed off because they're just that angered by gays or they're religious or they're mad that someone soiled their waifu or any number of other equally silly reasons. And of course you'll have these fine folks [https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0JWiL1UcAAH4kW.jpg].

A portion of the anger is caused by people who aren't particularly upset by the presence of fictional cartoon lesbians but are upset by the thought that those fictional cartoon lesbians might well have been created for somebody else's enjoyment. If this had happened five years ago and Blizzard had been all, "Hey guys, check out this hot girl-on-girl" then many of them would have cheered or merely been indifferent. (It would have been "the other side" complaining, "Lesbians aren't just for you to jerk off to" etc etc.) But now that the OMGSJWsEverywhere moral panic is a thing this is seen as pandering (to somebody else) and is therefor terrible.

If it's any consolation, the angry people seem to be a noisy minority. At least going by the totally scientific metric of upvotes and downvotes on the Blizzard forums. Anyone whining about SJWs or trying to pull some kind of no-really-they're-probably-just-friends-British-flatmates-totally-kiss-on-the-lips-all-the-time denial was getting downvoted into oblivion.

Was going to a thread on this topic a while ago but decided against it because it would have inevitably turned into a shitshow.