Pachter in Major Tizzy With Advocacy Group Over Black Ops

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
theonlyblaze2 said:
For the amount of money Activision has made from the Call Of Duty series, the least they could do is fix the bugs after release if they are to lazy to do it before.
Actually, the least they can do is count the cash people willingly gave them, laughing maniacally and stroking their white cats.

M4yce

Sep 16, 2010
If it bugs people so much why do you keep buying new products? I personally got tired of this crap after FONV, my xbox is broken and I'm not planning on replacing it except maybe to watch movies. But honestly once I get a car, this guys going outside and seeing what bugs I can find me in the real world...

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
I agree with Pachter on this one. Black Ops runs fine (now) on my 3 year old PC. Launch week was entirely different story altogether though. Back then, multiplayer was unplayable, BUT game news sites and reviews like Destructoid's ( http://www.destructoid.com/review-call-of-duty-black-ops-186908.phtml ) pretty much said so.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
I can't help feel he is saying

"other peopels games are buggy, therfor ours can be"

Just because fallout is a buggy game dosn't mean you can slack of on your game

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Pachter is a jackass. Also, if a product is buggy or otherwise shit, people have a damn right to complain.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
jamesworkshop said:
Steams monopoly of the Digital distribution market.
I can see where you're coming from, in that more and more games use Steamworks.

However. I mostly buy my games from Direct2Drive, because they're commonly more than 40% cheaper than Steam.

Sure, the game I may buy still links itself to my Steam account during installation, and if I ever need to reinstall it I can re-DL it from Steam.

But I didn't pay Valve. I paid IGN.

As a sidenote, Steam used to be my go-to games market, but in recent years the competition has gotten so much cheaper that it's only worth checking the Steam shelves when there's a January sale.

Cornelius Wilson

Jan 7, 2011
With the terrible hacking of MW2, I hope that Activision takes their time unlike what happen with Black Ops and fixes the hacks and bugs when they release Modern Warfare 3 http://mwarfare3.com. Has anyone heard anything new about the game? I could only find information on it from that page.