Pachter Predicts $100 Xbox Live "Platinum" Membership

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
cursedseishi said:
dogstile said:
cursedseishi said:
dogstile said:
So pretty much you're saying:

"Because Microsoft want to make a profit and other company's don't make as much as a profit i think they're being stupid".

I mean, i'm all for it being cheaper, but its a business. They have to make money somehow. Considering they've been lagging behind lately i don't see all the fuss. Some people like live, deal with it.
And where exactly did I say I hate live?
... Yeah, screw arguing with you. READ.
Mhm, thats what I do and did, but perhaps you need a refresher course.
Dislike =/= hate
I already said i wasn't arguing, and i never said you disliked it either, i suggested that you didn't have positive feelings towards it, not that you had negative. *headdesk* seriously.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
I'm not sure what scares me more. The fact that he thinks Microsoft would do this, or the fact that there are people who would actually pay this.
That's pretty much how I felt when the Avatar market was opened. All those people that bout a lightsaber (that doesn't even glow) for $5 are pretty good proof of how cautious and sensible people are willing to be with their cash.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Jack Gruff said:
This all makes me grin very nicely.

I'm a PC Elitist, tra la la la lah lah...

My bum is in the butter, tra la la la lah lah...
I am not a elitist, but even I can't help but feel flabbergasted that so many people accept the Xbox Live Gold account as a "wortwhile deal", even though PC gamers (and PS3 gamers, for that matter) don't pay a dime in order to play regular multiplayer.

Dexter111 said:
GoGo_Boy said:
Why is everything that guy says news-worthy? I mean even if it may come true, it's just a frigging prediction right now. And if you wonder why I don't like that guy, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y8SaUIvArE
That was brilliant, this is even better though xD

http://ramraider.blogspot.com/2010/04/michael-pachter-nostradamus-or-****.html
http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f4/michael-pachters-most-inaccurate-predictions-4265/

I think

"In 2010, Sony's going to have 55 per cent, Microsoft's going to have 35 per cent and Nintendo 10 per cent, with all three of those having plus or minus five per cent."
was his best.
Sean Malstrom had a field day with that one. [http://malstrom.50webs.com/foolsparadise2.htm] XD

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
I get the feeling that most of the people posting in this thread don't really know what it's about. Classic Escapist

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Andy Chalk said:
What could Microsoft offer to attract members to the new plan? Pachter said a "Platinum plan" could include exclusive items for use in Microsoft games and possibly more advanced media center applications. "If members could get specialized Halo armor or weapons worth the extra $40, they might be more willing to sign up, and it doesn't really cost Microsoft anything to offer things like that," he said. He even suggested that Microsoft could make a deal with Apple to allow 360 owners to manage their iTunes accounts through their consoles.
Another moronic statement from Pachter. Hello and welcome to Clueville: Apple is a COMPETITOR with Microsoft because of Apple computers vs. Windows-based computers and even Zune vs. iPod. Why on earth would Microsoft team up with them or vise versa? They wouldn't. Instead, if anything, they'd make some sort of Zune-syncable market with Zune partnered song sales (whatever marketplace that has).

Also....for shame for him for "predicting" (actually, he doesn't predict anything well, he insistently tries to push developers and companies into his own agenda) more money from consumers to another big company. Of course, anything he says is laughable and unjust when looking at how he suggested Activision charge for the multiplayer portion of future CoD games in a MMO-like subscription without any of the benefits because "the time players spend in multiplayer takes away from them purchasing 2-3 other title games that come out in that period".

cabalistics

May 4, 2009
Could these bloodsuckers ever have enough money?. I don't even have an xbox but if I did I doubt I'd bother with x box live except for maybe a free trial

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
I know exactly what this new plan will have. It will be exactly the same as the gold plan. coincidentally the gold plan will also be ending when platinum comes out.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Now that his two years of saying "XBox Live will go up in price" has finally paid off, I guess we can expect platinum memberships for XBox Live in 2012.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
The only way I'd ever pay $100 for Xbox Live is if I don't have to worry about renewing my subscription for 2 years.

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
100$ you say? well its a shame that the poor console crowd is being gouged like this but its safe to say that PC servers > Xbox servers and PC is free(exept for the internet plan witch apply to Xbox also), maybe console players are mostly casuals that dont know any better, well its a shame but people will still pay for this no matter what happens

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Every time Michael Pachter opens his mouth I wish he had not. He's either stating the obvious, or spreading bad news.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
They would have to offer me a lot of perks in order for me to buy a $100.00 "Platinum" membership. Maybe some free DLC that others are forced to pay a large amount for, exclusive demos and stuff like that, or a Microsoft Point Allowance every month or whatever. I don't know what, but it would have to be awesome.

As it stands I barely care enough to renew my Gold Membership. I'll usually let it run out, and then once I see a game I want to play online I'll run out, buy a year subscription, and play. I don't actually play online that much, and most of the time I just talk to friends while playing single player. So if they honestly expect me to pay $100.00 for one step above, then they better be bringing some delicious hot fudge sundaes to the picnic.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
I don't know. I think a yearly fee to be able to play console games online is a deal breaker.

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
In Australia, we pay $85 - $90 per year for gold XBL, and $100 - $120 for a AAA title. So what are our options? Pay or miss out. The AUS $ is worth 85 cents+ to the US $ so we are clearly getting screwed. Interesting to note that we escaped the recent price rise....they know not to push us!